+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Druid

Druid

Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Druid Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Druid - The Druid now has a wider selection of pets as well as a further developed identity as a positional class. Not only do they now have tank pets and a ranged DPS pet, but they gain a number of benefits when attacking from behind.

So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Druid, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

Druid: Possible Healer Pet bug
    Doesn't seem to be attacking or healing, unless I press her attack or heal abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicwand View Post
    Druid: Possible Healer Pet bug
    Doesn't seem to be attacking or healing, unless I press her attack or heal abilities.
    What level? which fae healer, the basic or the greater? Did you remember to fully train your abilities? I summoned both and got myself hurt and they healed on their own, also make sure you haven't right clicked the abilities on the pets hotbar to turn them off unless you hit them on your own and if you dont think you did try right clicking them anyways and see if the pet goes back to healing and fighting.
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    What level? which fae healer, the basic or the greater? Did you remember to fully train your abilities? I summoned both and got myself hurt and they healed on their own, also make sure you haven't right clicked the abilities on the pets hotbar to turn them off unless you hit them on your own and if you dont think you did try right clicking them anyways and see if the pet goes back to healing and fighting.
    Thanks I will check all those out.

I seem to be having some issues with range in a 51 druid spec. It's sketchy and doesn't happen all the time, I notice it most on IA "bosses". I have to actually be inside the hitbox to hit. Other mobs it seems I can stand about two toons away and be fine. Is this normal? An issue with hitboxes maybe?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team
    You'd have to tell us the names of the specific bosses that were causing problems to know.

The Dismiss pet spell is in general instead of under Druid
    I love you and you and you and you. I'm still thinking on you however.

im pretty sure before i took a rift break all melee abilities did weapon+x damage. now there is only dmg in the skill descreption.
    so i have a simple question. do i inflict the same damage with an one hand weapon+ off hand as with a comparable two hand weapon?

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellkar View Post
    im pretty sure before i took a rift break all melee abilities did weapon+x damage. now there is only dmg in the skill descreption.
    so i have a simple question. do i inflict the same damage with an one hand weapon+ off hand as with a comparable two hand weapon?
    As a Cleric, yes. However, even for Rogues and Warriors, weapon damage has been rolled into the number displayed on their tooltips, so it reads the same way.

What happened to ability Cooldowns ?

I have been testing the Calling Purpose called Silenus 61 Druid 13 shaman 2 Purifier. It appears to adequate and well balanced for a new player once they reach lvl 60. I do have a question certain druid abilitys such as Eruption of life and Combined Effort had cooldowns for Beta testing purposes where they intentionaly removed ? I cant build a macro to cast these to obtain maxium DPS ? Is there another way to macro druid abilitys that i was not aware of ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenidana View Post
    I have been testing the Calling Purpose called Silenus 61 Druid 13 shaman 2 Purifier. It appears to adequate and well balanced for a new player once they reach lvl 60. I do have a question certain druid abilitys such as Eruption of life and Combined Effort had cooldowns for Beta testing purposes where they intentionaly removed ? I cant build a macro to cast these to obtain maxium DPS ? Is there another way to macro druid abilitys that i was not aware of ?
    They've said(I can't remember where) that they wanted to reduce dps reliance on macros, so that specs like druid stopped being mostly 1 button mashes. Id assume this is what they were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Popko View Post
    They've said(I can't remember where) that they wanted to reduce dps reliance on macros, so that specs like druid stopped being mostly 1 button mashes. Id assume this is what they were talking about.
    There goes the faceroll

You mean i actually have to pay attention to what buttons i push as i move with a boss fight ? /
    So not cool -- totally not cool -- Just Kidding im sure the other classes and callings will QQ on equal footing.
    On a serious note - The Great Satyr Destroyer does not like getting behind NPCS or the Test Dummy seems if have to manully move around to get him there. Anyone else notice this or is there a work around ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenidana View Post
    You mean i actually have to pay attention to what buttons i push as i move with a boss fight ? /
    So not cool -- totally not cool -- Just Kidding im sure the other classes and callings will QQ on equal footing.
    On a serious note - The Great Satyr Destroyer does not like getting behind NPCS or the Test Dummy seems if have to manully move around to get him there. Anyone else notice this or is there a work around ?
    There have been issues with how close the dummies are to the wall and there not being enough room for the pets to get behind them.

Just takes some work to get behind, keep trying once backlash isn't red anymore you're good to go! Try the dummy in Sanctum that is near the walkway to the pvp area, its easier to get behind that one.

Find a possible issue with DPS output when utilizing the Greater Satyr Protector.

Since Careful Strike and Satyr Sweep are both instant, your Satyr will spam them as fast as you can possible key it. You can end up DPSing down a 22k hp NPC in less than 4 seconds with the tank pet. Not sure if this is intended or not but figured I'd mention it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lolpet.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1089

A bit of random druid feedback after a level of storm legion!

The new design is pretty awesome and I love the fact that you can no longer just macro everything and spam one button. However aoeing as a druid is still incredibly dull and something that I feel would really help is an abillity that spreads your debuffs or perhaps a weaker variant of those debuffs to nearby monsters aswell enabeling you to continue to manage the various debuffs you've got even while aoeing.

That's all for now haven't really had enough time to play around with things. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Naisha View Post
    A bit of random druid feedback after a level of storm legion!

The new design is pretty awesome and I love the fact that you can no longer just macro everything and spam one button. However aoeing as a druid is still incredibly dull and something that I feel would really help is an abillity that spreads your debuffs or perhaps a weaker variant of those debuffs to nearby monsters aswell enabeling you to continue to manage the various debuffs you've got even while aoeing.

That's all for now haven't really had enough time to play around with things. :/
    I think druid aoe is pretty boring, too. The addition of the AOE pet(faerie seer) was pretty neat, and it does cater to their synergy with pets, but I was hoping for a little more than wild strike until they're dead. Maybe an AOE DOT with no CD that lasts 15s or something like tempest and a few other souls I played had so you have at least one thing to keep track of.

I do really like picking up lightning hammer from shaman for single target and have a line on my action bar with combined effort -> the earth dot(forgot the name) -> lightning hammer in that order and it's working great for me since they all last 15s.

What are people parsing with Druid? I am sure my build and rotation aren't optimal so curious if other people are doing better and what they are using... I used 51 Druid 10 Shaman (5 Dauntless Courage, 3 Favored of the Valnir, 2 Singled out) 5 Inquisitor (5 Planar Study) and was doing 4089 DPS on the dummy over 5 minutes. I was self buffed (used stone only for consumables) and the dummy had no outside debuffs. SP is 2756 and Crit is 1088.
    Breakdown -
    17% Fervant Strike
    12% Enraged Assault
    9% Auto Attack (pet)
    8% Backlash
    8% Vex
    8% Crushing Force
    7% Spirit of Asphodel (Pet)
    6% Life Surge
    6% Lightning
    4% Flesh Wound (Pet)
    4% Thorns of Ire
    3% Vengeance of the Winter Storm
    3% Eruption of Life
    3% Combined Effort
    2% Lightning Hammer
    1% Auto Attack

Let me know what you do differently that makes a better parse

I keep Natural Dedication up as well.

I tried a few combos (13shaman/2inq) (13defiler/2inq) (15defiler), even played a bit with something like 44druid/22shaman for Massive Blow cd reduction, but overall I gotta say... I'm disapointed. Inquisitor is much easier and more versatile, yet still does same or in my case - more damage.

When I saw 6000+ dps parses of paragons I gave up. Both souls are melee range, not that easly macro'd now and there is 2k difference in dps... I know it's beta and it will be adressed, I'm just curious if they leave cleric dps and drag down warriors to our level or the other way around. Anyway, with -icars being obsolete and basically useless now I really hope and count for overall class balance. Make us competitive at last.

And another thing - it seems like every class got their Cornered Beast equivalent... besides us... Why?

+ Reply to Thread