+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Druid

With Full Druid, and the Defiler pet, will the Defiler pet keep the aggro and have the Satyr take down high level mobs? while you just fight?

Anyone go that route yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    With Full Druid, and the Defiler pet, will the Defiler pet keep the aggro and have the Satyr take down high level mobs? while you just fight?

Anyone go that route yet?
    I tried this as I was really looking forward to having the defiler pet and druid pet, but they are considered the same. Summoning the Defiler pet will despawn your Druid pet.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I tried this as I was really looking forward to having the defiler pet and druid pet, but they are considered the same. Summoning the Defiler pet will despawn your Druid pet.

Well, if the Druid pet dies, at least you could then call up the Defiler pet quickly, right? I kind of like that idea. Or heck, switch between them depending on your mood.

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Well, if the Druid pet dies, at least you could then call up the Defiler pet quickly, right? I kind of like that idea. Or heck, switch between them depending on your mood.
    I would say yes, but with a 2s summon cast time I'd probably just resummon my druid pet, and since there's a Druid tank pet (who's really good btw) the defiler pet is useless to a Druid.

The defiler tree still has uses though. By linking your pet you always get the 5% dmg boost as well as the husk shield, along with some heals, since the Druid lost theirs.
    And the tree perk also increases damage as well as talents, it has more synergy than a sent or puri.

It would've been nice though, using the defiler pet to tank and your toon and satyr attacking as boosted dps. Probably op though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    along with some heals, since the Druid lost theirs.
    People so underestimate Aid of the forest. Its honestly 1000x better than BoF. Although that isnt saying much, it plus at least 6 point justi (so you can heal your pet along with you) goes a long way, and it no longer eats a spot from asphodel or upheaval. Its pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    People so underestimate Aid of the forest. Its honestly 1000x better than BoF. Although that isnt saying much, it plus at least 6 point justi (so you can heal your pet along with you) goes a long way, and it no longer eats a spot from asphodel or upheaval. Its pretty good.
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, that buff is amazing, but if I'm actually taking some damage, or my pet, it won't help much. :P
    But I'm trying druid(53 going for 61)/defiler(12)/warden(3) right now and it seems to be a good mix. Obviously not the best DPS, but my survivability is up there.

I'll probably try out Justicar later, probably 6-7 points in (maybe one point in reparation so my pet gets healed too if that even works) see how that goes. I don't wanna give up husk of indifference and link of distress though, i find those really useful. (good protection and damage increase with rage blight with my tank pet)

Yup Salvation hits your pet.

So you are getting about 400 healing per hit with both salvation and aid.

You really see the healing whilst aoeing.

First off I love the druid. It was totally useless until major rework in 1.08 i believe. since then it has been a favorite to play and to sew into other builds. As of 1.11 I see it as useless again, sadly. The shaman does more dps and has better survivability over all. Aside from the improved combined effort (5% damage increase) there is nothing useful in the tree for other builds until 24 greater faerie. And those are only useful in a soloing or shaman spec.

Issues I have found, the greater faerie has los'd me and not healed me more than a few times when fighting. If it can see the mob but not me it doesn't track to me. If the greater faerie died, re-spawning him, often led to him neither healing or damaging mobs, until I manually prompted them.

With damage buffs and not aid of the Forest up, the tanking pet is tissue paper soft and died with only 3 mobs 1 level below it before I could reduce their health by more than 20%. With aid of the forest up, he was more durable, but lost agro more than a couple of times.

While I found the ranged pet to do a tiny bit more damage, then the melee. It stayed at max range and often agro'd other mobs.

Frankly I preferred the pets pre 1.11. Here are my suggestions. Lose the tank pet. Yes, the cleric was and would be the only pet class without a tanking pet, but it remains the only pet class with a healer pet. Make aid of the forest a standard buff, allow for an additional damage buff. I don't really see the point of the ranged dps pet either. since the cleric has only a dot as ranged damage, what's the point.

Generally, Give the druid more/better damage skills. After combined effort the best skill they have is massive blow, from the shaman tree. Eruption of life is not only bulky to use it's damage is poor. And where, may I ask, is a spammable ranged ability. The shaman has one and previously the druid was caster/melee blend. Now it's just, well i am not sure what it is.

If anyone plays a druid in a raid for more than it's novelty value, I'd be shocked. By making the healer pet's heals increase by number of players in party, you add value to a class that had zero. The sad truth is most of the damage a druid has come from massive blow, and lightning hammer. And seriously those improve through the shaman tree, so why are we suppose to play a druid?

Did not have any of the problems you stated with druid.

The only reason why i am not using him anymore is because the defiler is easier to aoe with.

I would like better group utility in PvP.

the buffs are ok, and have fixed stat increases, but I would like temporary interesting group effects for PvP.

+ Reply to Thread