+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cabalist

as now, if you need aoe ,stormcaller is far better. no point to bring caba , to my regret.

desintegrate refresh too long , tyrannie aggroing ( as oppposed to sabo charge) , clumsy rotation, linear damage, ect

hope it will be adjusted before it go to live.

Quote Originally Posted by anakeron View Post
    as now, if you need aoe ,stormcaller is far better. no point to bring caba , to my regret.

desintegrate refresh too long , tyrannie aggroing ( as oppposed to sabo charge) , clumsy rotation, linear damage, ect

hope it will be adjusted before it go to live.
    I tried it and it only has 2aoe abilities, the rest are all ST, combined with defiler.
    i dont know about its dps, but i do a lot of hit damage than with inquisitor.

Correction:
    My guild would kill me if i showed up with 500-700dps to a raid XD
    Even the tank would over-dps me :P

well ; i have to temper a litlle my opinion ( missed the propagation of tyrannie via bound fate. )

will redo some testing tonigh. the dps will be better , but it doesnt help neiter the clunkinness feeling of the rotation , nor the mobility loss

Well, i tried two builds thus far:

2367sp
    1011sc

15 inq/42cab/9def.

Went the 10% sp/5%damage/5%DoT and Delayed for inq
    and 5%damage/4% damage

Rotation:
    Spirits -> Tyranny -> Curse -> BF -> Dis ->Tyranny -> BF and just refreshed whatever came down first.

5min parse , 3 targets (didnt take the area increase):

I clipped tyranny once in this, although it probably wouldnt have made a huge impact.

Then i tried

5inq/42cab/19 def:

Husk, 5 + 5 % damage, peak, dark impulses (15% death)

5min parse

same rotation::

I clipped tyranny 4 - 5 times (im sick so im sneezing quite a bit). So i am sure that would have at least, added 100 dps to my rotation.

I dont see anything else worth getting in defiler quite honestly, so i think 19 def will be a good stopping point for cab that is thinking straight aoe.

Nothing really looks all that interesting up the cab tree either for dps.

WoS is clunky and going through the trouble of using it is a dps loss.
    Catastrophe is good for pvp, but if you are pveing, probably not, anarchy...the tool tip doesnt make much sense curses 8, only damages 3? that would need to be explained more, and finally oblivian looks beastly, but doesnt seem worth 19 points of mostly crap.

Only good things being asias for dps, and ruin/catastrophe for pvp, but one can reason that immunities may make catastrophe a wast of a CD a lot of the times, especially with meda doms of death dealing reasonable damage and still super CC, meaning everyone will be immunue a lot due to the sheer volume doms will be in.

Only thing left in the tree is seeping death for the tank and 15% damage of curses.

Assuming you want those, will give 46 cab, 19 def, 5 inq.
    I think cap is 72 points?

So, either 2% damage inq or wall of shadows.

Tough call.

----

Interesting note. I did the parses at first without burning and heroic inq did more dps. Not a lot more, but more nonetheless.

When i buffed up, the def blew the inq outta the water. I guess its cuz of the extra death damage? Or maybe coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by xBehemothx View Post
    I have a question, didnt tried the whole 51cab tree.

Is it usable in raids? I mean, is it even worth bringin it? or has it got low dps?
    mh i think its difficulty to say which souls is usefuk in SL raids, cause we need to be 60 and see what we need for the raids, then we can decide which is useful and which not.
    Dont have parsed a 51 cab this time, if i do, i can say how much dps it does

Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    Rotation:
    Spirits -> Tyranny -> Curse -> BF -> Dis ->Tyranny -> BF and just refreshed whatever came down first.
    What is the purpose of Curse between Tyranny and BF? why not before Tyranny? Also, did you not spam Curse of Solitude on multiple targets instead of BF spam because you are assuming it is not working as intended or you didn't know about it?

I dont see anything else worth getting in defiler quite honestly, so i think 19 def will be a good stopping point for cab that is thinking straight aoe.

Catastrophe is good for pvp, but if you are pveing, probably not, anarchy...the tool tip doesnt make much sense curses 8, only damages 3? that would need to be explained more, and finally oblivian looks beastly, but doesnt seem worth 19 points of mostly crap.
    This is correct, 18 defiler tho because Curse of Anarchy is a must have (Assuming CoS on multiple targets is not working as intended)

Curse of Anarchy puts a dot on 8 targets, and each target damages 3 enemies next to it. It does not stack with CoS, casting CoS on a target after casting CoA will replace the CoA dot from the ONE target only the other 7 will remain.

Rotation(1): CoA > Tyranny > BF > Disintegration > Tyranny > BF spam > repeat.

Possible Rotation(2): CoA > CoS > Tyranny > BF > Disintegration > Tyranny > BF spam > repeat.

on Rotation(2) you will have CoA ticking from 7 targets (each target damaging 3 others), and CoS replacing the 8th with a dot that damages all 8. Not sure if it is higher parse than Rotation(1) yet.

I think cap is 72 points?
    76 points.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

The new curse description is weird. It curses 8 people, but only damages 3? I dont see the real point in that. Maybe a tool tip thing?.
    8 people receive the curse, and for each person that is cursed they do damage to 3 nearby enemies. Think of how tyranny/soul drain work; this is just a dot using the same concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    What is the purpose of Curse between Tyranny and BF? why not before Tyranny?
    No real purpose, i think it was the way the placement of my keys were, i set my keys up in the natural movement of my right hand (pointer, ring, middle, pinky) even though i play with my left (pinky, middle, ring, pointer). I always noticed it, but never remember to change it.

Also, did you not spam Curse of Solitude on multiple targets instead of BF spam because you are assuming it is not working as intended or you didn't know about it?

I actually forgot it didnt have a CD. But since BF spread Tyranny to multiple targets, i put that precedent over many things.

This is correct, 18 defiler tho because Curse of Anarchy is a must have (Assuming CoS on multiple targets is not working as intended)

Curse of Anarchy puts a dot on 8 targets, and each target damages 3 enemies next to it. It does not stack with CoS, casting CoS on a target after casting CoA will replace the CoA dot from the ONE target only the other 7 will remain.
    oooooooooo that makes a lot more sense.

Rotation(1): CoA > Tyranny > BoD > Disintegration > Tyranny > BoD spam > repeat.

Possible Rotation(2): CoA > CoS > Tyranny > BoD > Disintegration > Tyranny > BoD spam > repeat.

on Rotation(2) you will have CoA ticking from 7 targets (each target damaging 3 others), and CoS replacing the 8th with a dot that damages all 8. Not sure if it is higher parse than Rotation(1) yet.

BF spreads Tyranny to multiple targets iirc, giving it precedence over BoD. I think every 3rd BF, Dis should be back up, and tyranny would have popped 2 times.

Intial Tyranny + BF + Dis
    Then Tyranny + BF
    By the time you are ready for your next BF and and refresh CoD, Dis should probably be back up off of CD.

It looked like Seeping Death isn't working poperly.

It seems to be castable on every player in group. Anyone corresponding?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantalon View Post
    It looked like Seeping Death isn't working poperly.

It seems to be castable on every player in group. Anyone corresponding?
    i noticed i could have it on my defiler totem and myself simultaneously, didn't test it in a group though.

as a top tier ability though, you'd think this would be intended. if not it needs to be buffed considerably

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Rotation(1): CoA > Tyranny > BoD > Disintegration > Tyranny > BoD spam > repeat.

Possible Rotation(2): CoA > CoS > Tyranny > BoD > Disintegration > Tyranny > BoD spam > repeat.
    BF spreads Tyranny to multiple targets iirc, giving it precedence over BoD. I think every 3rd BF, Dis should be back up, and tyranny would have popped 2 times.

Intial Tyranny + BF + Dis
    Then Tyranny + BF
    By the time you are ready for your next BF and and refresh CoD, Dis should probably be back up off of CD.
    Every BoD in there was a typo, i meant BF
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

Thank you for this thread. I didn't "get" that Tyranny was only applied to one mob by default. I was reading that it was AE-applied, and single damage as a result, not that it was like Soul Drain or such, but by default only on one mob. I'll know to trigger this better next beta (assuming it's not drastically changed). That should definitely help DPS.

Overall I like the Cab changes. Yes it's different than our old Cab builds, and feels slightly different, and there's tweaks to be done, but overall I still like the class. Unlike what they did to Shaman. /shudder

I replied to cabby posts but forgot about this post so will add it here.

I agree, to many DoT's and I'm not using SoA at all.
    I tell you what we need it's more heals. Cabalist has Ravaging Darkness that use to fill my HP if used in a big group (6-8) but it's now at "Restores 3% health & mana for each enemy hit. So we need to hit 33 targets to fill our hit points. Another spell you can't waste time on now. Didn't it use to be you got a % of damage dealt back in health? Zinbik this will be a spell I will not put on my tree if it stays the way it is, not worth it.
    I wouldn't mind if it changed into a shield around the cleric spell, same radius as Sigil of Catastrophe that gave off mid damage to anything in the circle around the cleric but returned it all in health, lasts 10 seconds till we can reorganize ourselves.
    As a cabalist attacking everything you can can get them all to turn on you sometimes and we have little defence.
    Love playing it but we need some defence or heals and that new dodge spell is not the answer. We need something when we get overwhelmed, after all we do attack a lot at once.

I agree, to many DoT's and I'm not using SoA at all.
    I tell you what we need it's more heals. Cabalist has Ravaging Darkness that use to fill my HP if used in a big group (6-8) but it's now at "Restores 3% health & mana for each enemy hit. So we need to hit 33 targets to fill our hit points. Another spell you can't waste time on now. Didn't it use to be you got a % of damage dealt back in health? Zinbik this will be a spell I will not put on my tree if it stays the way it is, not worth it.
    I wouldn't mind if it changed into a shield around the cleric spell, same radius as Sigil of Catastrophe that gave off mid damage to anything in the circle around the cleric but returned it all in health, lasts 10 seconds till we can reorganize ourselves.
    As a cabalist attacking everything you can can get them all to turn on you sometimes and we have little defence.
    Love playing it but we need some defence or heals and that new dodge spell is not the answer. We need something when we get overwhelmed, after all we do attack a lot at once.

lol did you read my post 2 or 3 times
    I blame god

+1 to adding Bound Fate to obliterates effects
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

In my opinion it should buff Shadow's Touch instead of Bound Fate. Make it 1.5sec cast with Obliterate up or something else. Spamming Bound Fate feels boring.

So could we make Seeping Death's threat belong to the target it's on?

Could we get just a little bit of survivability for cabby? Shadow Breach is nearly useless in pvp especially, please change it to when we are hit we get healed for 5%-%10 of our maximum health and maybe a little bit of a speed increase like Judaical Privilege from Inquisitor. Also would you consider changing Dark Harbor to work something like say Salvation, heals us for 80-100 when using single target abilities and a quarter of that when we use aoes, make it not stack with salvation so people cant double dip. + to resists doesn't seem very useful.

Cabby needs something other then Ravaging Darkness for some kind of heal. Alternatively if neither of the above are doable would you please consider lowering the recast of Ravaging Darkness to 30 seconds? I am not asking for a ton of survivability but something so we can reliably solo without having to change specs. or drink after every fight. I was loving Ritualist until you did away with the death dmg increase from defiler, now its a dps loss to spec that which is a shame. Just please give us a little something.
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

Sab and SC do not have much for survival. So unless you want cab to do even less damage, I'd probably not pick this battle.

You can always 0 point justi.

Although I agree distorted is useless as is

+ Reply to Thread