+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cabalist

Cabalist

Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Cabalist Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Cabalist - The Cabalist has seen some major changes to help make them more understandable and easier to combine with other souls. The most significant change is the removal of the Decay mechanic in favor of a more standard rotation.

So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Cabalist, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

Noone talking about the cabalist?

I really like that theres somewhat of a ST rotation. However on a different topic, I kind of wish that the Tyranny of Death would act similar to Marrow Harvest in Defiler, where you cannot refresh it once it is used on something. Unless theres something Im missing that it would effect.. I just am not sure why you would ever want to.. Unless it is for building up stacks before a pull and it doesnt draw threat till its set off?

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post

I really like that theres somewhat of a ST rotation. However on a different topic, I kind of wish that the Tyranny of Death would act similar to Marrow Harvest in Defiler, where you cannot refresh it once it is used on something. Unless theres something Im missing that it would effect.. I just am not sure why you would ever want to.. Unless it is for building up stacks before a pull and it doesnt draw threat till its set off?
    Unsure if that is a bug with Marrow Harvest, though I hope it is not and I think your right that would be nice with Tyranny. Tyranny does pull threat on cast, not on damage, which I think should be changed.

The one thing i hate about it is Obliterate is on GCD. I believe it should be oGCD, period.

Another issue is, with a raid i am only able to do ST or AoE for 3min then i am oom, mana needs to be looked at for Cabalist.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Another issue is, with a raid i am only able to do ST or AoE for 3min then i am oom, mana needs to be looked at for Cabalist.
    This is in the range that we have been told is what they are looking for. Mana management should matter, mana Mico management shouldn't happen. OOM in 3 mins, is a long time, enough time in fact for 2 mana pots, not to mention you have Esoteric Estimations for free mana.

The one thing i hate about it is Obliterate is on GCD. I believe it should be oGCD, period.
    Suggestion to fix my first issue:

Add another version of Obliterate:

Obliterate 1 (Current Obliterate): Causes the Cleric's Tyranny of Death and Disintegration to deal double damage, but only damage the targeted enemy. Once triggered it will be greyed out so you cannot click on it again (similar to Warden's 'Cleansing Waters')

Obliterate 2: Causes the Clerics Tyranny of Death and Disintegration to deal normal damage, up to 8 enemies. Once triggered it will be greyed out so you cannot click on it again.

Both oGCD, reason they get greyed out is to make them macro-able.

Macro 1:

#show Dark Water
    cast Dark Water
    cast Shadow's Touch

Macro 2:
    #show Tyranny of Death
    cast Obliterate 1
    cast Tyranny of Death

Macro 3:
    #show Tyranny of Death
    cast Obliterate 2
    cast Tyranny of Death

Starting with a AoE adds:
    Curse of Solitude > Macro 3 > Bound Fate > Disintegration > Macro 3 > Bound Fate spam.

Mobs died but there is a ST add left:
    Macro 2 > Disintegration > Macro 2 > Curse of Discord > Macro 1 Spam

As you can see, this would make Cabalist more flexible to rotate between AoE and ST and quite frankly would make it my fav spec. All you have to do is decide which tyranny to cast, ST or AoE and it will automatically adjust the rest of your rotation.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    This is in the range that we have been told is what they are looking for. Mana management should matter, mana Mico management shouldn't happen. OOM in 3 mins, is a long time, enough time in fact for 2 mana pots, not to mention you have Esoteric Estimations for free mana.
    Balance is relative, sure its fine for us and sounds good, but when i hear Mages dont care about mana i say, why do we go oom in 3min? Storm Caller is at around 80% mana after 3 min without using any mana regen

Balance is relative, sure its fine for us and sounds good, but when i hear Mages dont care about mana i say, why do we go oom in 3min? Storm Caller is at around 80% mana after 3 min without using any mana regen
    This is one of those areas that is in constant flux, in fact I don't expect mana usage to be done until very close to launch.

I am in favor of the cab changes but not sure if everyone will agree. The removal of the decay was okay. The ability to spam tyranny is now gone, which I like because now it forces cabs to really think about utilizing their other abilities. I am not a fan of the new ground AoE firewall box but it was somewhat amusing but don't think it is that useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Covergirl View Post
    I am in favor of the cab changes but not sure if everyone will agree. The removal of the decay was okay. The ability to spam tyranny is now gone, which I like because now it forces cabs to really think about utilizing their other abilities. I am not a fan of the new ground AoE firewall box but it was somewhat amusing but don't think it is that useful.
    Agreed on the firewall, doesnt seem to do much damage from when I tried it. Would be more interesting if it was longer, meaning the length of the wall.

Agreed on the firewall, doesnt seem to do much damage from when I tried it. Would be more interesting if it was longer, meaning the length of the wall.
    I'm trying to think of situations where that shape of tAoE would be useful. Seems very limited at the moment. It almost screams out for a secondary CC effect like a root, making it more of an obstacle to be avoided than a damaging ability and creating some useful CC in dungeons/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post

The most basic analog to ToD is the Sab Timebomb which also resets its countdown if reapplied. It is basically designed as the base mechanic of the class.

Any conclusive rotation on this? And whether or not its worth dropping that wall thing? It didnt look like it, for me at least, plus its a pain trying to drop it in the middle of a rotation

So far Ive been going Tyranny>CoS>move that pops Tyranny whos name escapes me>Tyranny>BF spam

So essentially the priority comes down to:

Tyranny
    CoS
    Tyranny popping move
    BF

Am I on the right track?

(51 Cab/15 Defiler btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizza View Post
    Any conclusive rotation on this? And whether or not its worth dropping that wall thing? It didnt look like it, for me at least, plus its a pain trying to drop it in the middle of a rotation

So far Ive been going Tyranny>CoS>move that pops Tyranny whos name escapes me>Tyranny>BF spam

So essentially the priority comes down to:

Tyranny
    CoS
    Tyranny popping move
    BF

Am I on the right track?

(51 Cab/15 Defiler btw)
    No, Bound Fate spreads Tyranny on 8 targets, so you must use it after Tyranny.

Assuming Curses are not supposed to work on multiple targets the rotation would be:

Tyranny > Bound Fate > Disintegration > Tyranny > Bound Fate > CoS > Bound Fate Spam.

Assuming Curses are working as intended:
    Tyranny > Bound Fate > Disintegration > Tyranny > Bound Fate > CoS-Tab(4 times) > Repeat

For both rotations, you could start with 1 CoS before the rotation, not sure which is best.

anyone else find the aoe rotation to be incredibly awkward?

having tyranny with such a long delay and having it able to overwrite itself (which negates all damage) is just tedious to maintain

you have to use it... pop it... use it again... wait... repeat

its just too tedious

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post

having tyranny with such a long delay and having it able to overwrite itself (which negates all damage) is just tedious to maintain

its just too tedious
    Welcome to sab. They've changed Cab to play very similar to sab.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post

its just too tedious
    Yeah its like sab so i am kinda used to it.

Honestly, its not really awkward. Probably have to get used to it

Switching from ST to AoE is awkward though, unlike sab.

after some testing. ( 51 caba/12inqi/3protec)
    single target dps seem better around 200-300 more dps from live ( but as the dps of most class seem improved it could be relative)
    but i am rather disappointed by the aoe.. my gold decked hk cleric versus my half raid T1 decked mage 51 stormcaller. my mage get 500 more dps and i loose 2k dps from live server.
    the change of burst mechanic follow the same trend.
    we loose also some mobilty ( we need to be facing the target with the insta oae, which was not the case with the decay/tyranny on live)

so,while i have found most of the other class change interesting (thx for the druid changes)
    the core mecanism of the cabalist need to rewiewed .

Im kinda disappointed that they did not play up the curses (as in, make new ones that have different functionality) but, its not like they said they would or anything.

The new curse description is weird. It curses 8 people, but only damages 3? I dont see the real point in that. Maybe a tool tip thing?

I seriously feel that both curses should have a CD equal to their duration. I mean, a little QoL will help in this situation.

Walls of souls is too clunky (and super obvious in pvp). Maybe if it applies to the location of a target? And then does all that jazz?

Cabby is certainly aoe i guess its rotation is surprisingly simple (so far)

Just have to remember to use BF before you use Dis.
    Naturally Tyranny did more dps than anything else.

15 inq/5sent/46 cab (didnt level up yet, still 50) has parsed the most for me doing 4200 damage with 2600 sp / 1051 sc. I do believe i could do more, as i screwed up the rotation a couple times and forgot CoS a bit.

I have a question, didnt tried the whole 51cab tree.

Is it usable in raids? I mean, is it even worth bringin it? or has it got low dps?

+ Reply to Thread