+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiler

Defiler

Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Defiler Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Defiler - The Defiler is a Death-themed DPS/healing hybrid who twists and bends both friend and foe alike to fit their dark vision of beauty. Their healing is centered around Links, which allow them to passively intercept damage from their allies, as well as a stacking delayed heal which can be triggered early at will.
    So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Defiler, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

I wonder if there will be a required raid slot for defilers, to put a link on the tank to help mitigate boss damage?

also can multiple defilers stack links on a tank in order to greatly reduce the damage the tank takes? If so then i could see multiple defilers spreading out boss damage essentially turning boss damage into raid healed damage. maybe defilers with justicar to help mitigate the link damage?

so many questions!

Only a brief play but so far I LOVE this soul. Nice one devs

lost

any tips on how to heal as a defiler im rolling the defiler warden spec and having massive trouble healing the new dungeon. I am stacking fowl on tank and spaming the growth crap to heal and trigger but raid damage and all just seems tough. Any tips or advice?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team
    Defiler healing still needs a fair amount of work. I haven't even had the chance to try him out in a dungeon test since I last made a huge set of changes. The basic idea right now though, assuming you're trying to focus 100% on healing, is:
    • Make sure you have Grief Blight on.
    • Put your best Link on the tank, then the others in order of who's taking the most splash damage.
    • Maintain Husk of Indifference.
    • Maintain Hideous Reconstruction and Healing Spray on the tank.
    • Stack Foul Growth on the tank.
    • Cast Loathsome Restoration when you get to 3 stacks or immediately if you need the healing right away.
    • Use Feedback if you need to heal the party.

Maintain Husk of Indifference.
    You made this a 1h buff, though I'm still not sure how it is meant to work completely. Is it meant to recharge the amount it absorbs after a certain amount of time or does it just absorb a flat amount each time you take link damage?

Also I'm still pretty sure the Links are still broken and not transferring damage.

This almost feels like it could fill an "Offtank" role, or "soak damage" for high damage fights, while allowing you to output some DPS and heal the raid as well.

I am almost tempted to put on my tank gear while in this role since there is so much HPS in an out on the cleric himself.

Looking forward to after work where I can test this in a dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Geilt View Post
    This almost feels like it could fill an "Offtank" role, or "soak damage" for high damage fights, while allowing you to output some DPS and heal the raid as well.

I am almost tempted to put on my tank gear while in this role since there is so much HPS in an out on the cleric himself.

Looking forward to after work where I can test this in a dungeon
    I havent tried it yet, but you could combine MoL with Beacon of Despair to actually create a strange tank spec, have to see how this works out at some point.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    You made this a 1h buff, though I'm still not sure how it is meant to work completely. Is it meant to recharge the amount it absorbs after a certain amount of time or does it just absorb a flat amount each time you take link damage?
    It's just like any other absorb. It just lasts an hour so you can keep it up for longer if you use it for the damage buff but aren't actually using an Links, so aren't taking any Link damage. It also makes it easier to cast ahead of the pull without having to worry about it running out early due to time instead of damage done.

It's just like any other absorb. It just lasts an hour so you can keep it up for longer if you use it for the damage buff but aren't actually using an Links, so aren't taking any Link damage. It also makes it easier to cast ahead of the pull without having to worry about it running out early due to time instead of damage done.
    not sure if I like that, if it is going to last an hour I would hope it would not be simply used up by link damage and then have to be reapplied. I think a recharge mechanic for it would be far more interesting. Have it tied to an ability being used. So x ability increases the absorb amount of Husk of Indifference by x to a maximum of x. That way you still have to use an ability, but aren't having to recast a 1 hour buff every 15 seconds.

response

I have been using the exact strat you suggested, still seems as though you are right it needs a good amount of work. Though I will say the concept is very, very interesting. I might suggest the addition of a healing breath type instant cast. Anyways I will keep working with the spec maybe i am just missing something. BTW thanks for the quick reply.

Since husk of indifference is an absorb, it's showing up on my hp bar as giving me a shield, but it only absorbs a certain type of dmg. Is it mean to be lumped in with all absorbs and shown on our bars like that? It seems really misleading thinking I have a shield on when I don't

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team
    By the way, the intercepts actually ARE working, you're just not taking any damage from them right now because you're reducing the damage you take from Links by 10% per point right now instead of 1%. Whoops!

Defiler healing still needs a fair amount of work. I haven't even had the chance to try him out in a dungeon test since I last made a huge set of changes. The basic idea right now though, assuming you're trying to focus 100% on healing, is:
    • Make sure you have Grief Blight on.
    • Put your best Link on the tank, then the others in order of who's taking the most splash damage.
    • Maintain Husk of Indifference.
    • Maintain Hideous Reconstruction and Healing Spray on the tank.
    • Stack Foul Growth on the tank.
    • Cast Loathsome Restoration when you get to 3 stacks or immediately if you need the healing right away.
    • Use Feedback if you need to heal the party.
    Have done all of your List.
    Mh, i have to say Healing with this soul holds a LOT of work, i have to fucus 100% on healing the first time and the second i have made a bit damage alongside.
    it is hard to heal but once you have a idea what you need to do its makes a lot of fun.

Its a bit sad, that Jealous Intervention dont purge at any time, have tryed it at Exodus of the Storm Queen, First boss the abilty who reduces the Maxhp of the tank, with the purifer i have no problems to purge it but with the skill from the defiler it does not work. (Test it again, Purifer works, Defiler not)

By the way, the intercepts actually ARE working, you're just not taking any damage from them right now because you're reducing the damage you take from Links by 10% per point right now instead of 1%. Whoops!
    10% is nice ^^

(llleeeaaavveeee eeeettttttt)
    D:

KK This may be a bug. Seems that if i cast any Defiler spell from range WITHOUT first casting beacon of despair. Then I fail to draw any aggro. The spells hit and the mob takes damage for a second or two then their health resets. If I walk within aggro range and then cast the spells I can kill the mobs fine.

I know that defilers are supposed to use Beacon of Despair. But since we are testing i tried to leave it out.

Here is what I did exactly. With a mob at range I cast Marrow Harvest, Siphon Vitality, somatic Desecration. The mob ignored me and its health would reset after a second or two. I have tried this with a sample of Diff mobs in Ember Isle with the same result.

18.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Darvocet View Post
    KK This may be a bug. Seems that if i cast any Defiler spell from range WITHOUT first casting beacon of despair. Then I fail to draw any aggro. The spells hit and the mob takes damage for a second or two then their health resets. If I walk within aggro range and then cast the spells I can kill the mobs fine.

I know that defilers are supposed to use Beacon of Despair. But since we are testing i tried to leave it out.

Here is what I did exactly. With a mob at range I cast Marrow Harvest, Siphon Vitality, somatic Desecration. The mob ignored me and its health would reset after a second or two. I have tried this with a sample of Diff mobs in Ember Isle with the same result.
    That's a bug that should have been fixed well in time for the beta build. The only way to really fix yourself is to summon a Beacon of Despair and let it die. That should let you aggro normally again.

Thanks that worked. Glad its a known bug.

so is defiler meant to be a ST healer?

+ Reply to Thread