+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by kangoshi View Post
    Amen. It's clunky to me and I don't feel like I'm doing enough healing or damage to make a difference in a party yet. Soloing mobs as a defiler takes more time than it should.
    I know right. Ive been soloing a lvl 50 mob, and it was taking me a while (btw, i have hk gear, so i dont have crappy dps), so then this rouges comes by, swings the mob and dies :P

I mean, wtf? we should have that

At first I was very hesitant to even try.. But after messing around with it I started to like it.. Pulling over 2k ST dps, and somewhere around 5k AE dps, could be higher once i get used to it. As far as the healing.. its not to shabby on AE heals in dungeons so long as everyone is linked (possible once you get the last link, minus yourself of course) In raid its going to lack some but I really hope it prioritizes ppl you have linked.
    The tank heals at first glace i was like WTF.. 3 GCDs plus a 4th to do a max heal.. Which heals for a very large amount.... Then I started reading... Rampant Growth seems HUGE! So once you get your last link thats 30%, you will have a 60% chance to apply a foul growth on that person, 40% chance on next, 20% chance on next, and 10% on last for every dmg ability used.

Not only that.. the level 54 ability ghastly restoration triggers your foul growths, heals for more than Loathsome restoration, and is Ogcd with a 15s CD. So esentually you can focus entirely on dps and refreshing husk and throw a huge burst heal on demand to your links. All while reducing dmg of tanks and/or something else by 30% 20% 10% and 5%

Now I am a little bit concerned how that dmg will transfer over in raid environment(especially after it was said the talent was meant to be 1%/2%/3% not 10%/20%/30%).

Defiler, Husk of Indifference
    Upon logout to character select or exit from game the Defiler 1 hour buff Husk of Indifference is being removed.

Starting noticing this when I would logout to walk the dog or to cook something... I'm like, "I know I haven't been gone an hour already."

Edit: I will need to check if it is being removed when porting or going into an instance. Guess I'll be back later on with those results.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkrypt View Post
    Defiler, Husk of Indifference
    Upon logout to character select or exit from game the Defiler 1 hour buff Husk of Indifference is being removed.

Starting noticing this when I would logout to walk the dog or to cook something... I'm like, "I know I haven't been gone an hour already."
    The buff also removed, if the shield have done its absorb, so its important to put the buff into your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkrypt View Post
    Edit: I will need to check if it is being removed when porting or going into an instance. Guess I'll be back later on with those results.
    Just joined a Instance, it dont remove but its rebuff itselfs.

For those who havn't figured it out, pain transmission is a massive nuke. Its very similar to soul drain but with 4 links it will hit 3 targets 5x each. On a single target with all raid buffs up it willl deal over 15k comfortably probably closer to 20k.

Bond of Pain has alot of DPS potential as well which just can't be realised in testing outside of a raid with plentiul AoE damage.

I like the souls synergy with warden alot, and either 0pt puriifer (symbol of torch) or 0pt cabby (bound fate) I've been running it at 51/16 warden (soothing stream, geyser, tidal surge etc etc). I'm lvl 51.

The more I play it the more I like it and I think it will really shine in a raid where the links will be extremely powerful. Intercepting 30% of all incoming damage on a MT is not to be underestimated.

Now iam testing it with warden, its a bit easier with the extra group heal

Compared to playing Harbinger and Tactician (I havn't tried tempest yet) this soul is certainly lacking the "wow!" factor. I don't think it brings anything new to the class other than the link mechanic, which is interesting but seems that having a purifier would do the job better in terms of tank mitigation.

I think it should be reworked into a pure dps class personally, where links are used to spread dps in the same way that Pain Transmission works (a really unique and interesting mechanic).

I know that the cleric class has undergone the most extreme transformation and that work on the existing souls might have taken away development time on the Defiler. I'm happy with druid, warden, shaman etc etc and I commend the work done there. However with that in mind:

Soul defining mechanics:

Tempest: ranged damage class, all new
    Harbringer: melee damage class, all new
    Tactician: Flamethrowers, need I say more
    Defiler: ...tank egg?

Defiler needs more to make it unique and interesting. It's already quite fun but if I was new to the game and choosing a class based on the four SL souls, I'd probably put Defiler at the bottom of my list.

So i still dont understand defiler. What is it? healer, or dps? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashpool View Post
    Soul defining mechanics:

Tempest: ranged damage class, all new
    Harbringer: melee damage class, all new
    Tactician: Flamethrowers, need I say more
    Defiler: ...tank egg?

Defiler needs more to make it unique and interesting. It's already quite fun but if I was new to the game and choosing a class based on the four SL souls, I'd probably put Defiler at the bottom of my list.
    Think its gonna be difficulty to give clerics a soul with something they dont can do already, but a bit of chaning it needs but i dont want to judge rash, cause i dont know its level 60 potential with new equip etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xBehemothx View Post
    So i still dont understand defiler. What is it? healer, or dps? or both?
    It is a mix of both i would say

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    It is a mix of both i would say
    :/
    i hope they change it.

Zinbik, if you really wanna keep this soul hybrid, I would highly recommend going in Chloromancer direction. Make it simple, easy to understand and most of all - fun.

This is what I came up with:

- Heal through damage up to 10 party/raid members
    - Leave links as they are now
    - Additional bonuses recieved by linked party/raid members when healing is triggered on them
    - Those bonuses are applied by 4 different 'link buffs' you activate depends of situation:
    1. "Every time healing is triggered on your linked allies, it does single target damage to ally's target" - great for single target encounters, like Ituziel let's say, with fun and twisted mechanic - similar to new puri overhealing damage.
    2. "Every time healing is triggered on your linked allies, it strikes up to 5 targets near linked ally for minor damage" - designed for trash packs and fights with lots of AoE action going on.
    3. "Every time healing is triggered on your linked allies, they get their damage increased by 1%. Stacks up to 5%" - now this sounds fun, ha? You could choose your best mate in raid and let him boost his dps.
    4. "Every time healing is triggered on your linked allies, they get their damage recieved decreased by 1%. Stacks up to 5%" - your defensive link buff.
    - With those link buffs I'd lower absoption by links to: 5/10/15/20% to not make them excessively op and still if you want to go for better mitigation (on tanks especially), you can do it by mantaining 4th link buff.
    - Mechanic of intercepting damage would be still there. You would regain your health passively just by doing your rotation, it would flow really nicely.

Just joined a Instance, it dont remove but its rebuff itselfs.
    Thanks Elijah.

Really like the concept of this soul but it feels like it is missing something.
    Some more utility would have been nice. Even add a little support even though you stated Cleric wouldn't get a Support role in this expansion.

(1) Perhaps Bonds that steal stats or resistance from an enemy and add those stats to the raid/party. Have them short duration but their timers refresh by using [Somantic Desecration]. One Bond that steals Str/Dex another that steals Int/Wis, etc. Doesn't even have to affect the Cleric just the raid/party.

(2) Make [Jealous Intervention] a pulsing cleanse when used in conjunction with [Hideous Reconstruction] will continue the cleanse for the duration of Hideous Reconstruction. Target would have a 1 minute immunity to Jealous Intervention afterwards. (Could use as a single cleanse on its own or with hideous reconstruction with the pulsing affect and immunity timer.)

(3) How about since Harbinger and Tempest get stationary stealth abilities give Defiler a 10 second stealth detection (death themed) spell that can better detect stealth within a certain radius of the caster with a 5 minute reuse timer. Or have the Beacon be ground targeted with stealth detection in a radius around that.
    Edit: Or better yet have the Cleric change into a death themed form in order to see stealth.. omg so cool LOL

i just making hunt rift with 51 defiler / 15 warden, 2-4k aoe DPS and no problems with incomming damage on the raid
    (edit): ok if there are not so many enemys its not effectiv to play a full defiler^^

Link spells.

Joined a PUG Onslaught group to check out the Link spells.
    Placed a Link on three separate players.

During the Onslaught one player left the raid.
    I noticed that I was still taking damage from that player and the Link buff was still on me.
    I kept it on for the duration.

After the Onslaught was over I disbanded from the raid.
    Once again the Link buffs remained and I was still taking damage from the remaining two players (as well as the first) as they fought nearby mobs.

It was easy enough to click off the buffs to get rid of the effect but I wanted to know of this was intended to work this way. Because I know that we cannot cast a Link on a person if they are not grouped with us.

mh just noticed, if you want to do aoe with the defiler do not use husk of indifference cause if you absorb the dmg of the link, Shroud of agony will not proc.

I would propose changing Husk of Indifference to apply 2 separate buffs on the player. One being the 5% damage buff, and the other the Absorb buff. That way when all the damage is absorbed, the absorb drops but the player keeps the damage buff. And if they don't really want to take damage they can recast it. Given how low it is in the tree, anyone putting points into Defiler for DPS to get it will most likely also be using Rage Blight with the 5% link for an extra 5% damage boost.

Also, Husk of Indifference is refreshing itself whenever the player teleports.

mh just noticed, if you want to do aoe with the defiler do not use husk of indifference cause if you absorb the dmg of the link, Shroud of agony will not proc.
    That's odd, seeing as the Defiler abilities that proc when you take damage still work with Husk being up. I'd chalk this up to a bug that needs fixing. How is shroud, anyways?

+ Reply to Thread