+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warden

Hybrid View

Warden

Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Warden Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Warden - The Warden has received a number of new spells and adjustments to fully flesh them out as the Cleric's premier AE healing soul. They now have the easiest, earliest access to completely spammable area effect heals, all of which affect up to 10 party or raid members. They are now also built for greater damage potential to increase their utility between raid damage spikes.
    So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Warden, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Warden Soul.

So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Purifer, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!
    You mean "to ask or report bugs or whatever... with Warden" or are you mixing the 2 here

Did you just fix that? lol

Sorry for that, have fixed it, have seen it a bit too late
    And @ Zinbik, if the idea is not good, please say that, i dont want to get banned or something like that, cause of making those Threads for the Cleric Sould if thats not a good idea ^^

It's a good idea. Lets keep each soul separate. Start one for cabalist, not happy about losing tyranny and obliterate at all, but will wait and see before I go to far into it.

So far Warden is very nice. Mana is at a level that it should have been months ago. I.e. spammable (going for longer than other healers). Before mana was an issue on prolonged raid damage.

It's single target healing is absolutely terrible. Which is the point.

So people seeing big numbers and then reacting immediately saying its OP should calm down. The massive ae heals come at a huge mana cost so Hot management is still key in heavy raid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    So far Warden is very nice. Mana is at a level that it should have been months ago. I.e. spammable (going for longer than other healers). Before mana was an issue on prolonged raid damage.

It's single target healing is absolutely terrible. Which is the point.

So people seeing big numbers and then reacting immediately saying its OP should calm down. The massive ae heals come at a huge mana cost so Hot management is still key in heavy raid damage.
    I tried solong healing a dungeon as 51 warden for my first try... not a good idea! Definitely need to go into sentinel for some strong single target healing for 5mans.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team
    Yep, if you overgear a dungeon by a fair amount, you can probably single target heal just fine with Warden, but not at normal gear levels. Their ST healing goal is 75% of a Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I tried solong healing a dungeon as 51 warden for my first try... not a good idea! Definitely need to go into sentinel for some strong single target healing for 5mans.
    If you read the legacy guide on warden, you can pick up some tips on st healing. The info may be outdated now, so be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I did fine, I actually didnt get a chance to skill up some of those new abilities lol but oh well. It can be incredibly mana heavy but with practice it can be controlled. You also have to fill in some sort of a dps rotation or maybe not even a rotaion just spam waterjet to get 5 stacks of dangers of the deep to increase your healing, overall I like it.

Healing.

Tried healing the new dungeon as Sentinel at first, but couldnt beat the last boss. Swapped to warden still couldnt keep up with the aoe healing during the aoe phase. What is anyone else doing to complete it. Havent found any clerics who have successfully down the last boss as the healer. Lots of chloros have done it though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinDupuy View Post
    Tried healing the new dungeon as Sentinel at first, but couldnt beat the last boss. Swapped to warden still couldnt keep up with the aoe healing during the aoe phase. What is anyone else doing to complete it. Havent found any clerics who have successfully down the last boss as the healer. Lots of chloros have done it though.
    I was Peronaly able to heal this in a 51 purifer/15 warden. good timing with your grp ward and forcing it to crit, and the grp heals from warden and you should be able to heal through the ae. I would recomend having your grp kill the flying blade aswell if you are not currently doing so.

Is Geyser supposed to calculate its heal radius through both the target and the caster?

Right now it's a hybrid; your target needs to be about ~10m or closer to players getting healed, and you need to be ~10m or closer to players getting healed (not factoring Distant Shores in these numbers)

This means you can be 20m away from the target and still heal players provided they are 10m or closer to you, but this limits your opportunities quite a bit. You cannot heal ranged players with this, and you can only heal melee if you are close enough. (i.e. not the full 30m range of Geyser).
    <Vendetta>

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    This means you can be 20m away from the target and still heal players provided they are 10m or closer to you, but this limits your opportunities quite a bit. You cannot heal ranged players with this, and you can only heal melee if you are close enough. (i.e. not the full 30m range of Geyser).
    Hm at the end boss of exodus i had stand far away from the mob and the group are standing at his butt, i had cast geyser and just the group members got heal not myself, think the radius is enemy based or?

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team
    Ripple not spreading all stacks Soothing Stream is definitely not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Is Geyser supposed to calculate its heal radius through both the target and the caster?

Right now it's a hybrid; your target needs to be about ~10m or closer to players getting healed, and you need to be ~10m or closer to players getting healed (not factoring Distant Shores in these numbers)

The healing happens in a 15m radius around your target.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinDupuy View Post
    First i have wiped over and over with an 51 Puri /10 Sentinel/ 5 X
    Then tryed warden and heal it through with 51 Warden / 10 Sentinel / 5 Inqui, its a hard fight, iam ID geared, dont know which gear setting do you have, but i think a hybrid of Puri and Warden will be pretty nice for this boss

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    First i have wiped over and over with an 51 Puri /10 Sentinel/ 5 X
    Then tryed warden and heal it through with 51 Warden / 10 Sentinel / 5 Inqui, its a hard fight, iam ID geared, dont know which gear setting do you have, but i think a hybrid of Puri and Warden will be pretty nice for this boss
    Ive beat it twice now with a warden/sentinal but it was after MANY tries. Also ran with about 5 groups that could not get past the last boss. Part of the prob was that there would be lvl50 casters in my pugs with less than 6khp they would just die period. Not much anyone can do about that (those people need to quit queueing and go get some levels and stats first!). But still, this last fight was a panic-stricken I-hope-I-get-lucky fight rather than something I felt in control of. I never felt like I had a plan of what to cast and when. It was always in reaction, just trying to keep the party alive. I never felt like "oh, I know this big nasty burst dmg is coming, so I can be prepared with spell X". Rather, it was always a frantic spam fest of trying to top off the melee who got hit by the lawnmower, brez the mage with too few HP, keep the tank's hots up, and top off myself from the previous massive aoe bomb. and I just couldn't hardly keep up. I never felt like it was in my control. The combo of warden/sentinel just seems to be missing something. The last fight of the chancel instance makes it pretty obvious that something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigNob View Post
    stuff.
    In that fight as warden/sentinel I keep 4 stacks of SS on everyone, and just before the Fould Winds, I cast Marked by the Light and cast 2-3 healing effusions. Easy this way. Then regen a bit, and keep my stacks going. People going in there with 5k hp, well there's not much you can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigNob View Post
    Ive beat it twice now with a warden/sentinal but it was after MANY tries. Also ran with about 5 groups that could not get past the last boss. Part of the prob was that there would be lvl50 casters in my pugs with less than 6khp they would just die period. Not much anyone can do about that (those people need to quit queueing and go get some levels and stats first!). But still, this last fight was a panic-stricken I-hope-I-get-lucky fight rather than something I felt in control of. I never felt like I had a plan of what to cast and when. It was always in reaction, just trying to keep the party alive. I never felt like "oh, I know this big nasty burst dmg is coming, so I can be prepared with spell X". Rather, it was always a frantic spam fest of trying to top off the melee who got hit by the lawnmower, brez the mage with too few HP, keep the tank's hots up, and top off myself from the previous massive aoe bomb. and I just couldn't hardly keep up. I never felt like it was in my control. The combo of warden/sentinel just seems to be missing something. The last fight of the chancel instance makes it pretty obvious that something isn't right.
    I actually found the damage to be fairly predictable. I've completed this dungeon as a Justicar tank and as a Puri/Warden healer now. Granted, we wiped a few times as someone in the group was always new to the dungeon.

As long as people avoid the lawnmower, the damage is very predictable. HoT stacks on the tank are enough for basic attacks from Chekaroth, then there are 3 abilities for burst healing. The first is an instant that hit me for about 4k (as tank, and pretty poorly geared tank at that - only have a full set of the T1 expert gear - I had about 13K health). Second is the Flash Freeze, which is a single random target that will kill someone unless it's interrupted. And the last is everyone's favorite, Foul Winds.

If you have melee in your group, just Ripple the tank's HoTs and that should be more than sufficient to top them off after the lawnmower (though Ripple is bugged currently and not transferring 4xSS, only 1). If the tank can't interrupt, have someone with an interrupt assigned to interrupt Flash Freeze (and if you're quick, the targeted person won't take any damage). And as Puri/Warden, I pop my group shield for the first tick of Foul Winds and then Healing Flood and Healing Cataract for the next ticks. If you still have trouble, you can always use Tidal Surge and/or Flashover since absorbs can now crit.

With Sentinel/Warden, you have access to Healing Communion for spammable AoE heals. Cast a Healing Flood as Foul Winds is being cast to get the group HoT out. If you have a low health party member, toss Healer's Covenant on them when Foul Winds is being cast to reduce their damage taken by 40%. If you're deep enough in Sentinel, you may also have Divine Call. And you can also use Healing Breath if someone gets too low, or combine a TtL with a Healing Communion for an instant AoE heal. And if you have Warden, use Tidal Surge to increase the healing by 65% base (95% if you're deep enough to get Diona's Gift) - this would be better to use after the 2nd tick since you don't want to waste much of the extra on overheal.

I personally love the challenge this dungeon provides healers. It's easily doable, you just have to be on your game, so to speak.

The new warden seems pretty powerful. Combined with the puri cargivers and shielding, i'd probably say a bit too powerful. But i havent Pvp'd yet, so i will save judgements when i can get some action and not just look at dummy parses.

But, i guess, it scales with the increased damage i see. So, the only problem here probably is that my HP hasnt moved much :shrugs:

ST healing is BLECH, but assuming vengeance activates during battle, i can see it being respectable and a bit more than the 75% wanted, but to the current ST warden has on live, which, during battle, shoots up immensely. But of course, thats once again assuming vengeance works just the same.

What i do not like, is having attacking being incorporated with my healing power. Sorry. I feel that its an unnecessary nuisance that in order to maximize healing, i have to attack first. If i want to WJ/DoT someone to death (both of which are weak btw, even the new dot, and i still see no reason why the old dot STILL has a cast time, i mean..) then thats on me, but getting powerups to do it, is a big no.

I dont mind geyser, it seems fun, but its still essentially a heal. However, even with the plethora of increases of damage in the warden tree, it is still a non factor attacker, and the new dot does get a bit better towards the end, but any heal will undo its damage, assuming it isnt cleansed off.

Making any attack the warden does -strictly- for 15% power up. I'd suggest taking that particular function out. It steps on too many toes (defiler, icar, chloro, harbinder, druid) where it becomes unneeded for the grand scheme of things.

I'd personally would opt for more defensive measures, self damage reduction, cast time reducers, sp/sc increasers, anything else, but that.

20.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team
    The goal is not, "I have to use damage to heal." Rather, it's, "If I want to throw in some damage in between heals or I'm primarily focused on damage with occasional heals, my HPS is still decent when it needs to be."

+ Reply to Thread