+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Maejima View Post
    Yes you are right, I am not 52 yet. I didn't actually test having two battle rezzes, now you are telling me they are linked, it sounds dissapointing

Maybe I should put less pts in sentinel.

The thought of the hybrid was to replace the 'dmg' or 'dmg to heal' talents of warden with '+healing' ones from sentinel since i don't think I will be doing any dps as a healer, it's not my playstyle. I also wanted a big 'nuke' heal with healing invocation, since you don't get an ability like that in the warden tree, as well as the +healing to instants from sentinel, which make the warden hots hit really hard Not to mention healing effusion with marked by the light is crazy aoe burst heals.
    It's a good spec, just can't decide what I like better I like the off GCD healing breath from sentinel and like how well the 2 souls synergize + buff each other.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigNob View Post
    Ive beat it twice now with a warden/sentinal but it was after MANY tries. Also ran with about 5 groups that could not get past the last boss. Part of the prob was that there would be lvl50 casters in my pugs with less than 6khp they would just die period. Not much anyone can do about that (those people need to quit queueing and go get some levels and stats first!). But still, this last fight was a panic-stricken I-hope-I-get-lucky fight rather than something I felt in control of. I never felt like I had a plan of what to cast and when. It was always in reaction, just trying to keep the party alive. I never felt like "oh, I know this big nasty burst dmg is coming, so I can be prepared with spell X". Rather, it was always a frantic spam fest of trying to top off the melee who got hit by the lawnmower, brez the mage with too few HP, keep the tank's hots up, and top off myself from the previous massive aoe bomb. and I just couldn't hardly keep up. I never felt like it was in my control. The combo of warden/sentinel just seems to be missing something. The last fight of the chancel instance makes it pretty obvious that something isn't right.
    I actually found the damage to be fairly predictable. I've completed this dungeon as a Justicar tank and as a Puri/Warden healer now. Granted, we wiped a few times as someone in the group was always new to the dungeon.

As long as people avoid the lawnmower, the damage is very predictable. HoT stacks on the tank are enough for basic attacks from Chekaroth, then there are 3 abilities for burst healing. The first is an instant that hit me for about 4k (as tank, and pretty poorly geared tank at that - only have a full set of the T1 expert gear - I had about 13K health). Second is the Flash Freeze, which is a single random target that will kill someone unless it's interrupted. And the last is everyone's favorite, Foul Winds.

If you have melee in your group, just Ripple the tank's HoTs and that should be more than sufficient to top them off after the lawnmower (though Ripple is bugged currently and not transferring 4xSS, only 1). If the tank can't interrupt, have someone with an interrupt assigned to interrupt Flash Freeze (and if you're quick, the targeted person won't take any damage). And as Puri/Warden, I pop my group shield for the first tick of Foul Winds and then Healing Flood and Healing Cataract for the next ticks. If you still have trouble, you can always use Tidal Surge and/or Flashover since absorbs can now crit.

With Sentinel/Warden, you have access to Healing Communion for spammable AoE heals. Cast a Healing Flood as Foul Winds is being cast to get the group HoT out. If you have a low health party member, toss Healer's Covenant on them when Foul Winds is being cast to reduce their damage taken by 40%. If you're deep enough in Sentinel, you may also have Divine Call. And you can also use Healing Breath if someone gets too low, or combine a TtL with a Healing Communion for an instant AoE heal. And if you have Warden, use Tidal Surge to increase the healing by 65% base (95% if you're deep enough to get Diona's Gift) - this would be better to use after the 2nd tick since you don't want to waste much of the extra on overheal.

I personally love the challenge this dungeon provides healers. It's easily doable, you just have to be on your game, so to speak.

I didn't have many issues healing this place, largely due to the fact that every person in my group was trying out hybrid builds so I was a healer, then there were 2 harb/chloros and a bard... dps as you can imagine was a bit on the low side but everyone had lots of HP!

People are overcomplicating Warden a bit, particularly for Chekaroth.

Keep your hots on tank, maintain healing flood, and for Foul Wind just spam Healing Effusion. In-between Foul Wind just maintain hots and regen your mana. Pretty simple. If you find yourself at high mana you can dps a bit.

It's still good practice to manage your other abilities if mana is an issue, like Orbs of the Tide, but for this particular fight it's not necessary since in-between Foul Wind there should be no damage going out.
    <Vendetta>

The cast time on the Warden group heal (blue and purple fish-scale icon), not the heal over time spell, could stand to have a slightly shorter cast time. I found the the hot aspect of the group heals was not strong enough in the "Steampunk" template to cover burst aoe damage and the cast time of the group heal in general wasn't quick enough to keep people alive. The hot and shield (from puri) maintained them at the health level they were at, but I couldn't get them recovered quickly enough. Granted I am slightly under-geared now at half t2/half HK, but I was the most undergeared of the group I tried the dungeon with.

What's with the warden nerfs, came back to beta after beta-1 and seems like it got gutted completely.

Edit-

nm, i see raid damage and AoE healing in general is being reduced a lot, which is strange, considering even dps'rs will have around 15khp in SL raids

Dont Understand Nerfs

Why were our AOE heals nerfed so much? Warden is supposed to be the main AOE heal class....we went from a 2500-2600 Healling Effusion to 1200-1300. That's a 1/2 reduction. And MOST of the AOES were cut as much, I agree that they were somewhat overpowered to begin with but I think they should have cut them from 2500 to maybe 1900-2000. Cutting them to 1200 is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtel View Post
    Why were our AOE heals nerfed so much? Warden is supposed to be the main AOE heal class....we went from a 2500-2600 Healling Effusion to 1200-1300. That's a 1/2 reduction. And MOST of the AOES were cut as much, I agree that they were somewhat overpowered to begin with but I think they should have cut them from 2500 to maybe 1900-2000. Cutting them to 1200 is too much.
    Because the AoE heals were so powerful that it got to a point where you didn't need a single target healer. It was also getting hard to add any raid damage mechanic that would be challenging without 1-shottig the players. So AoE healing across all callings had to be reduced. Raid damage was also reduced to compensate. The result is that you will need tank healers to heal the tank instead of letting the AoE heals do all the work.

Btw the Warden DoTs are now instant cast before they were 2sec casts.

Nice. Was a nice change.

I skimmed through this post and didn't see anything about this.

Wave of Renewal kind of sucks. The concept behind it is awesome, the animation is awesome, BUT it is incredibly difficult to use effectively. The travel time of the sphere expanding prevents any actual healing on the raid. Chloros, Bards, and other Wardens will snipe the heals before Wave of Renewal even has a chance to activate.

My idea to make it useful is to maybe add a secondary effect to it that cleanses 1 debuff and purges 1 buff each second a pary/raid member or a mob is in the sphere.

or not but this is a very low performing top-tier ability. Or am i just missing something???

Quote Originally Posted by dyingtrying View Post
    I skimmed through this post and didn't see anything about this.

Wave of Renewal kind of sucks. The concept behind it is awesome, the animation is awesome, BUT it is incredibly difficult to use effectively. The travel time of the sphere expanding prevents any actual healing on the raid. Chloros, Bards, and other Wardens will snipe the heals before Wave of Renewal even has a chance to activate.

My idea to make it useful is to maybe add a secondary effect to it that cleanses 1 debuff and purges 1 buff each second a pary/raid member or a mob is in the sphere.

or not but this is a very low performing top-tier ability. Or am i just missing something???
    If your other aoe healers are 'sniping' the heals, perhaps you shouldn't have wasted Wave of Renewal on such weak raid damage.

Wave of Renewal and Monsoon are the best burst raid heals.
    <Vendetta>

I guess I'll throw this in here...

Downpour needs to NOT be channeled. It's almost a worthless spell as-is... especially in PvP. Channeling ANYTHING as a healer is almost impossible. You get about 1.5 seconds of your cast off and are then interrupted/stunned/sheeped/silenced, or all of the above.

Having the ability to pop it and let it run while you do other things would make it at least useful.

I can cosign considering how nerfed it is. Before the channel was well worth with arguably the second strongest aoe heal in game. But as of now? Should just be a stronger flood and keep it moving.

No channel for DP, especially when PoR, WoR and Monsoon exists.

+ Reply to Thread