+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    +1 to this.

I will have 4 stacks on a tank plus healing spray. I press ripple, and each person only gets 1 stack of SS with Healing spray.

Bug? Or working as intended.
    I noticed some odd behavior with Ripple as well. I was trying out the Steam Punk preset (Puri/Warden) in the new dungeon and was noticing that stacks weren't transferring.

Also never played a warden or puri on live (always ran Senticar or pure Sent with some warden), so I'm having adjust some, but I do like the feel of the Steam Punk. The only thing it's really lacking is good tank heals like Sentinel has.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinDupuy View Post
    Tried healing the new dungeon as Sentinel at first, but couldnt beat the last boss. Swapped to warden still couldnt keep up with the aoe healing during the aoe phase. What is anyone else doing to complete it. Havent found any clerics who have successfully down the last boss as the healer. Lots of chloros have done it though.
    I was Peronaly able to heal this in a 51 purifer/15 warden. good timing with your grp ward and forcing it to crit, and the grp heals from warden and you should be able to heal through the ae. I would recomend having your grp kill the flying blade aswell if you are not currently doing so.

Is Geyser supposed to calculate its heal radius through both the target and the caster?

Right now it's a hybrid; your target needs to be about ~10m or closer to players getting healed, and you need to be ~10m or closer to players getting healed (not factoring Distant Shores in these numbers)

This means you can be 20m away from the target and still heal players provided they are 10m or closer to you, but this limits your opportunities quite a bit. You cannot heal ranged players with this, and you can only heal melee if you are close enough. (i.e. not the full 30m range of Geyser).
    <Vendetta>

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    +1 to this.

I will have 4 stacks on a tank plus healing spray. I press ripple, and each person only gets 1 stack of SS with Healing spray.

Bug? Or working as intended.
    Think working as intended, tooltip says healing spray and SS, dont think it works like the "old" ripple anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    This means you can be 20m away from the target and still heal players provided they are 10m or closer to you, but this limits your opportunities quite a bit. You cannot heal ranged players with this, and you can only heal melee if you are close enough. (i.e. not the full 30m range of Geyser).
    Hm at the end boss of exodus i had stand far away from the mob and the group are standing at his butt, i had cast geyser and just the group members got heal not myself, think the radius is enemy based or?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinDupuy View Post
    Tried healing the new dungeon as Sentinel at first, but couldnt beat the last boss. Swapped to warden still couldnt keep up with the aoe healing during the aoe phase. What is anyone else doing to complete it. Havent found any clerics who have successfully down the last boss as the healer. Lots of chloros have done it though.
    First i have wiped over and over with an 51 Puri /10 Sentinel/ 5 X
    Then tryed warden and heal it through with 51 Warden / 10 Sentinel / 5 Inqui, its a hard fight, iam ID geared, dont know which gear setting do you have, but i think a hybrid of Puri and Warden will be pretty nice for this boss

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    Hm at the end boss of exodus i had stand far away from the mob and the group are standing at his butt, i had cast geyser and just the group members got heal not myself, think the radius is enemy based or?
    It's both based from the enemy and the caster.

The healing targets need to be within about ~10m from the enemy, and you need to be within about ~10m from the healing targets.

So, you can be up to 20m away from an enemy (without counting Distant Shores) and still heal players; it's a hybrid calculation, but very restricting in terms of positioning.
    <Vendetta>

ok thanks, will try it next time

Did you still have tested Hybrid specs with the warden?

Think working as intended, tooltip says healing spray and SS, dont think it works like the "old" ripple anymore.
    How does that mean its WAI? It doesnt say 1 stack of SS, just SS, and if the current target has 4x SS then 4 x SS should be sent.

Please provide insight on how to play Warden/Shaman as a hybrid damage/heal spec. While looking at the trees, yes the water part synergizes well with shaman but it seems clunky as a damage/heal spec. Maybe I am looking for too much of an -icar spec, but on live I liked how -icar could do decent damage and decent healing just by using a toggle (mein swapping). While parsing with the recommended Warden/Shaman build I was getting ~1600 DPS with the shaman crystal on, but that was adding 0 heal spells in between. While on live, properly pointed -icars could pull 2K+ and then in a matter of 1 GCD go to being a kick *** healer. As was stated earlier the goal for warden was to be half that of an inquisitor, which is not reflected on the beta server imo. 1600 dps with 0 heals seems to be pretty useless.

I can see how the new deep wardens are the new senticars, but I am looking for that build that is more support/backup heals with good dps (think the dps of live 40+ pnt inquisicars).

On a side note, which I guess is sad for clerics, I did see bard/tacticians doing -icar like numbers in a couple of encounters I have experienced, so maybe I will switch to rouge for the "new" Tactardicar.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Any thoughts or experiences with our hybrid options now?

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team
    Ripple not spreading all stacks Soothing Stream is definitely not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Is Geyser supposed to calculate its heal radius through both the target and the caster?

Right now it's a hybrid; your target needs to be about ~10m or closer to players getting healed, and you need to be ~10m or closer to players getting healed (not factoring Distant Shores in these numbers)

The healing happens in a 15m radius around your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post

The healing happens in a 15m radius around your target.
    This isn't the case. Currently the cleric needs to be within a certain distance (I will assume your 15m) of the heal-recipient.

An easy example/test: stand a good distance from your enemy, say 25m. It doesn't matter if your heal-recipient is in melee distance of your enemy, they will not get healed because you are too far away.
    <Vendetta>

I like 36warden/30 sentinel at the moment, with 44warden/32sentinel at 60. Crazy aoe, hots, and the added +% to instant casts from sentinel, with healer's covenant, aoe cleanse, marked by the light, double brez, and ofc a big nuke heal with healing invocation for tank healing, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maejima View Post
    I like 36warden/30 sentinel at the moment, with 44warden/32sentinel at 60. Crazy aoe, hots, and the added +% to instant casts from sentinel, with healer's covenant, aoe cleanse, marked by the light, double brez, and ofc a big nuke heal with healing invocation for tank healing, if needed.
    at the moment i have only tested full healing specs, if i have the time i will test the hybrids, but i will bookmark the 36warden/30 sentinel to test, ty

Nice find gonna try to run the dungeon with this spec tonight.

You need 32 Sentinel to get the brez from Sentinel unless I am missing something...so at 52 you can do 36w/32s....third soul I have Purifier 0 pt.

Both rezzes are linked in cooldowns :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    Nice find gonna try to run the dungeon with this spec tonight.

You need 32 Sentinel to get the brez from Sentinel unless I am missing something...so at 52 you can do 36w/32s....third soul I have Purifier 0 pt.

Both rezzes are linked in cooldowns :P
    Yes you are right, I am not 52 yet. I didn't actually test having two battle rezzes, now you are telling me they are linked, it sounds dissapointing

Maybe I should put less pts in sentinel.

The thought of the hybrid was to replace the 'dmg' or 'dmg to heal' talents of warden with '+healing' ones from sentinel since i don't think I will be doing any dps as a healer, it's not my playstyle. I also wanted a big 'nuke' heal with healing invocation, since you don't get an ability like that in the warden tree, as well as the +healing to instants from sentinel, which make the warden hots hit really hard Not to mention healing effusion with marked by the light is crazy aoe burst heals.

Yes you are right, I am not 52 yet. I didn't actually test having two battle rezzes, now you are telling me they are linked, it sounds dissapointing
    They've always been linked together - the only one that wasn't was the justicar version.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3519779

Would have been nice if that had changed though!

I do NOT want to do dmg to heal. I hate what has become of the Warden. It's like an entirely different class. Overhealling, healing based on dmg. wtf. I liked its simply heal-over-time aspect the way it used to be. This new shiz about having to try and group heal based on overhealing a single target and keeping that little 5-spell crown on my head is just not that fun, nor effective. I just don't like it. Blah

First i have wiped over and over with an 51 Puri /10 Sentinel/ 5 X
    Then tryed warden and heal it through with 51 Warden / 10 Sentinel / 5 Inqui, its a hard fight, iam ID geared, dont know which gear setting do you have, but i think a hybrid of Puri and Warden will be pretty nice for this boss
    Ive beat it twice now with a warden/sentinal but it was after MANY tries. Also ran with about 5 groups that could not get past the last boss. Part of the prob was that there would be lvl50 casters in my pugs with less than 6khp they would just die period. Not much anyone can do about that (those people need to quit queueing and go get some levels and stats first!). But still, this last fight was a panic-stricken I-hope-I-get-lucky fight rather than something I felt in control of. I never felt like I had a plan of what to cast and when. It was always in reaction, just trying to keep the party alive. I never felt like "oh, I know this big nasty burst dmg is coming, so I can be prepared with spell X". Rather, it was always a frantic spam fest of trying to top off the melee who got hit by the lawnmower, brez the mage with too few HP, keep the tank's hots up, and top off myself from the previous massive aoe bomb. and I just couldn't hardly keep up. I never felt like it was in my control. The combo of warden/sentinel just seems to be missing something. The last fight of the chancel instance makes it pretty obvious that something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigNob View Post
    stuff.
    In that fight as warden/sentinel I keep 4 stacks of SS on everyone, and just before the Fould Winds, I cast Marked by the Light and cast 2-3 healing effusions. Easy this way. Then regen a bit, and keep my stacks going. People going in there with 5k hp, well there's not much you can do about that.

+ Reply to Thread