+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sentinels

Sentinels

Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Sentinel Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sentinel - Also still a primary tank healer, the Sentinel is now better focused on speed and responsiveness. No longer reliant on the RNG for Serendipity procs, they now have many tools at their disposal for reducing their cast times and putting out a lot of healing in a hurry. Of all the healers, they have by far the most cooldowns to respond to any situation.
    So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Sentinel, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

What is the real interest in the sent VS puri when the healing invoc do less than it does on live while the wards (puri) are way better than they are on live (maybe just a miscalculation).

It's not near full prot as strong healer, the only advantage, is the speed cast, but the heal is a bit low, is it designed to work better at high level of gear ? (relic 60 ?)

I want to cry so much right now. My beloved Serendipity is gone... ><

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Yes, thats bad -.-

Actually I like the new sentinel feel of healing. Having the ability to do a healing breath after doing crit is an added bonus. In addition, there are 3 types of caster heals healing grace (small heal), healing invocation (medium heal), and crucial invocation (big heal). When you cast medium or big heal, "attentive" is also cast which increased healing received from caster 6%.

The only thing that bothers me is why is the big heal caster shorter then the medium heal! Healing Invocation is 2.6 sec and the Crucial Invocation is 1.6 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Covergirl View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is why is the big heal caster shorter then the medium heal! Healing Invocation is 2.6 sec and the Crucial Invocation is 1.6 sec.
    That's because Crucial is meant to be the "Oh crap we're in trouble, screw the mana cost!" heal. It costs double what HI costs IIRC.

Healing Grace / Healing Invocation / Crucial Invocation almost reminds me of Heal, Greater Heal, Flash Heal from World of Warcraft for those that played a Holy Priest.

I have to say I like it, rather than depending on the RNG proc of Serendipity.
    Akx@Deepwood - 8/8 ID - 4/4 PF - http://riftblackout.com

The problem it seems with Sentinel is that there's almost nothing in there to really AOE heal with and Purifier probably is still the premier single target healer.

So just like on live people are going to be asking "Why heavy Sentinel?", even more so now with Chloromancer having an AOE cleanse. I could be totally wrong it's just a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldin View Post
    The problem it seems with Sentinel is that there's almost nothing in there to really AOE heal with and Purifier probably is still the premier single target healer.

So just like on live people are going to be asking "Why heavy Sentinel?", even more so now with Chloromancer having an AOE cleanse. I could be totally wrong it's just a first impression.
    The problem with sentinel has always been purifier and to a lesser extent, chloromancer.

Have enough heals flying around and sentis extreme heals are not necessary.
    If puri and chloro actual st heal out put was low enough to where a strong healer were needed, it wouldn't be a problem and at the very least 1 senti would be needed to assist one of them (puri more so than chloro as puri has the absorbs and what not).

Question is, are they brave enough to do that?

Absorbs and damage reducers will always reign so long as there are so many heal capable souls

Yeah... I'm finding sentinel's role a little unclear... Deep purifier with 36 in warden would be better at AOE and single target healing. I really like the idea of the preset config "steam punk" that combines puri/warden. It's really good for 5mans. Healing Effusion handles any massive group damage and is basically the new DOL. You can even pump out some pretty decent deeps with deep warden.

Would any of you guys possibly be able to grab some numbers from Sentinel and how it does when healing a tank? Theoretical is fine. I don't have a 50 Cleric to even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Armine View Post
    Would any of you guys possibly be able to grab some numbers from Sentinel and how it does when healing a tank? Theoretical is fine. I don't have a 50 Cleric to even try.
    Let's just say the purifier wards(cast time heal + shield) are better than invocations. They have a much smaller chance to overheal, since absorbs are almost never wasted and I think the utility of purifier is just much better. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I just can't think of any uses for sentinel if it remains a tank healing soul.

I'm not sure what would fix it but for a pure HPS build it feels...slow, even with the 0.5 seconds taken off of cast times. I'm just trying to think what kind of raid content it would be useful on, for hard hitting content you will want puri, for ae healing you will want warden. I guess you might want 1 Sent for the Covenant cooldown? For pure HPS builds, like Sentinel, it needs to be faster playing...imo.

As it currently is Sentinel seems like the "3rd healing soul to put points in" much as it is on Live, it will mainly be used for the extra low-tier healing bonuses and the AoE cleanse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    As it currently is Sentinel seems like the "3rd healing soul to put points in" much as it is on Live, it will mainly be used for the extra low-tier healing bonuses and the AoE cleanse.
    That's the overall feel I'm experiencing as well.
    <Vendetta>

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Eh to be honest , no healer should rely heavily on serendipity to proc, there are other alternatives, just 1 of many changes cleric healers will have to live with when all this goes live.

healer's blessing issues

Healer's Blessing is not working with Doctrine of Bliss, which it should since DOB is a single target healing spell.

It is also not working with Salvation, but that may be working as intended(would appreciate confirmation from Zinbik).

Quote Originally Posted by tirall View Post
    Healer's Blessing is not working with Doctrine of Bliss, which it should since DOB is a single target healing spell.

It is also not working with Salvation, but that may be working as intended(would appreciate confirmation from Zinbik).
    Mmm, i think DoB is a self heal. When saying ST heals, i think they mean heals that can heal all.

19.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team
    Wow, you guys are really selling Sentinels short.
    1. It has way more cooldowns than anyone else. This allows them to get through nearly any tight situation where a lot of ST HPS is needed, particularly on the move, better than anyone else.
    2. It has the highest raw HPS of any of the healers. Purifiers are balanced a good 10% or so lower due to their mitigation options.
    3. Sentinels have more than enough AE for 5-mans. Marked by the Light alone can heal through almost any basic AE boss damage. When that fails, Divine Call lets you easily catch up. If all of that fails, you've always got Healing Communion. That's without even putting your extra 15 points in Warden. If you need any more AE healing than that in a 5-man, it's either an issue with strategy, gear, or the boss damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Wow, you guys are really selling Sentinels short.
    1. It has way more cooldowns than anyone else. This allows them to get through nearly any tight situation where a lot of ST HPS is needed, particularly on the move, better than anyone else.
    2. It has the highest raw HPS of any of the healers. Purifiers are balanced a good 10% or so lower due to their mitigation options.
    3. Sentinels have more than enough AE for 5-mans. Marked by the Light alone can heal through almost any basic AE boss damage. When that fails, Divine Call lets you easily catch up. If all of that fails, you've always got Healing Communion. That's without even putting your extra 15 points in Warden. If you need any more AE healing than that in a 5-man, it's either an issue with strategy, gear, or the boss damage.
    3. Is there any reason Divine Call is a 5 man heal versus a 10 man heal when it has such a long cooldown compared to other ae heals?

I think the complaints are from a raid perspective, its a pure HPS build which are hard to find a place for since Chloros (or they used to) covered this so well. In addition, like I said before, a pure HPS build cannot be slow on cast times, a heal every 2.5 seconds is still slow. Crucial Invocation is there but its too mana intensive to be a consistent thing and stopping doing everything to recover mana is dangerous for a build that is assumingly based off of pumping out consistent heals to the MT.

Comment about Marked by the Light...if there was a way to manually trigger it besides off of heals it would be better...like an oGCD ability that triggered it, you can use up the charges on it very quickly and have it not work properly because AE damage didn't come right then. And it is pretty mana intensive to keep it up all the time on the tank.

+ Reply to Thread