+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Necromancer Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    It sounds like Feign Death isn't working correctly. I'll take a look at it and see what I can find out.

As mentioned in other places, the current model for Lich Form is a placeholder and should be replaced relatively soon. I'm just waiting on the intended model to be ready for use.
    Please tell me the intended model can ride a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballads View Post
    Please tell me the intended model can ride a horse.
    It would be nice to get the option "hide Illusions" like we had in EQ2. So you could always use it but hide if you don't like it. And yes Riding a horse would be nice.

Also could you please make the Shambling Corpses attacking the same target as the Pet, they usually just run to the nearest target and that is kinda annoying.

I dunno when it happened, but since yesterday I always recast the pet with 72%?

FD seems working now, haven't had a problem the last few days. Might as well get a single rez.

The Pet does not attack target of target when hitting the Attack Button, as soon as u land a spell and he is in defensive Mode he does. Could you please change that?

Also hitting target of target with AOE spells does not make the pet attack, so really need the option above.

The pets really take a beating on any AEing / Cleaving mob which seems to be most bosses. This is unfortunate becuase Necromancer and blowing all the swarm pet cooldowns is one of the few really good ways to get single target DPS on a mage currently what with the casting time bug that was introduced in the latest patch.

Could the mobs get a bit more dodge mitigation or at least be smart enough not to stand in the forward arc of a boss mob?

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Also could you please make the Shambling Corpses attacking the same target as the Pet, they usually just run to the nearest target and that is kinda annoying.

I dunno when it happened, but since yesterday I always recast the pet with 72%?

The Pet does not attack target of target when hitting the Attack Button, as soon as u land a spell and he is in defensive Mode he does. Could you please change that?
    The Shambling Corpses are essentially just a dumbfire pet. You summon them, and they'll help you, but for the most part you have no control over them. If you're in a group and want them to at least start on the same initial target, you can summon them a bit away from the fight and then cast a spell on the target you want them to head towards.

I haven't seen anything about the pets being summoned without full health recently, but I'll look into it.

I'll see what I can find out about getting the pets to attack your target's target. It sounds reasonable to me, but I'm not sure how the tech behind that functionality is set up.

There's been some talk about how pets will deal with things like AE and positioning. We're still figuring out how we want to handle it, but its definitely something on the radar to get worked on.

Hey Kervik,

Dumbfire pets in EQ2 for example always attacked the mob u cast them on, I think this is much safer, especially in group play or raiding otherwise they would be pretty useless if they just run around and kill what they want

The Empty the crypt spell is a new ability every time I log in, it's been fixed for the pyromancer who had the same problem with Heat Wave.

The pet still has only 72% when casting. My tree is full and there is no enhancement for the pets anymore.

Edit: And pls pls reduce the agro range of the mainpets. There is so much agro in all areas of the game and even if I can run through it without pulling agro, the pet for sure will. That really needs to get fixed

NECROMANCER
    * Lich Form: Now adds underwater breathing.
    - very nice!

* Lich Form: Now breaks if the Necromancer reaches 5% or less maximum health. Increased the health decay caused.
    The decay seems way to fast now

Love the Underwater breathing of lich form now but the new health drain seems way too much. If you are hunting PvE and all your mobs are close to each other you can keep yourself healed, but for PvP or any mobs that are spread out its just too much of a health drain to make lich form useful and turning it off and on between each kill is too much of a hassle.

I believe the pet starting with less health is due to the Master Chiurgeon talent increasing its maximum health. When I didn't have this talent, my pet spawned with full life. I also believe the same thing happens due to the pet health increasing talents for Elementalists.

Lich Form says that it increases pet damage by 30%, but it only increases it by 10%. This is easy to verify due to periodic blood spike crits. 598 * 1.1 = 658, exactly the numbers I'm seeing.

The new Lich Form health loss is rough. When it was ~3 per second, it was nothing. When I started writing this, I thought it had been increased to ~26 per second, but I can see that it's actually 40! I don't know how much it SHOULD be, but this seems almost like a deliberate attempt to make it too much (increasing it by a factor of 11 or 12), rather than doubling or tripling it and have it still not be a big deal. When it was 26, I was going to say that I thought it might be high but balanced (especially if it performed as advertised). Now I have to say that it seems way too high. If you didn't turn it off, you'd lose 10% of your health just trying to heal your pet after combat.

Right now Lich Form really can only come into play if you're planning on killing a steady stream of mobs, otherwise the life loss is too great. If it's something that needs to be switched on and off on a regular basis, then I think that the cast time should be reduced. Maybe not something you can toggle off and on instantly, but quick enough that people don't ask themselves if it's even worth it.

Also, I can't help but notice that the Lich Form life loss TURNS OFF during combat. Not that I mind, but that can't be intentional.

I must say Im loving this class but I miss the ability to upgrade your pet similar to vanguard put in body parts so he gets stronger but so far he can Tank and thats all I need I can even do 2 mobs without any problem just great works rift devs.

Quote Originally Posted by forestwhitakereye View Post
    The new Lich Form health loss is rough. When it was ~3 per second, it was nothing. When I started writing this, I thought it had been increased to ~26 per second, but I can see that it's actually 40! I don't know how much it SHOULD be, but this seems almost like a deliberate attempt to make it too much (increasing it by a factor of 11 or 12), rather than doubling or tripling it and have it still not be a big deal. When it was 26, I was going to say that I thought it might be high but balanced (especially if it performed as advertised). Now I have to say that it seems way too high. If you didn't turn it off, you'd lose 10% of your health just trying to heal your pet after combat.
    After watching several months of changes, this seems to be the MO for Trion. I think they're just blasting the parameters, start it out at the minimum then blast it to what you think the theoretical max would be. Collect data from players in each situation. Then dial it to a sweet spot.

Unfortunately, it usually seems the sweet spot is close to the max parameter in most cases

Rift Team
    Regarding the pets summoning at less than full health, I am working on a fix for this at the moment. The fix should be in the next patch or two. I'll make sure there's a patch note in for it when it occurs.

Consumption and Lich Form are still broken, been like that for over a month.

Lich form doesn't increase pet damage by 30%, see a page back for exact values.

Consumption still doesn't remove buffs, it only goes on cooldown and give mana back when you use it.

Rift Team
    Some updates for everyone:

Lich Form is seeing a pretty big change in one of the upcoming updates. It is getting changed to have a 30 second duration and a 2 minute cooldown, and will be an instant cast that does not trigger a global cooldown when cast. The health drain has been removed and the mana regeneration has been increased.

Unfortunately, as of right now, I still don't have the final model for it that I can attach to it. I'll get that hooked up as soon as I can.

I also have a fix going in for the issue with Empty the Crypts always telling you, you've learned the ability each time you log in.

Knit Flesh is getting renamed to Revivify. It was pointed out that the name didn't make much sense when all the pets were skeletons.

That does put it in line with other mana return mechanisms, though I would miss not being able to tool around in that form on a slightly more permanent basis (I stayed in lich form as much as possible in EQ1/2). But from a mechanics standpoint it sounds like a very good change!

Rift Team
    Some good news, I finally figured out what was breaking Consumption. It should be fixed in the next update to Alpha.

Lich Form is seeing a pretty big change in one of the upcoming updates. It is getting changed to have a 30 second duration and a 2 minute cooldown, and will be an instant cast that does not trigger a global cooldown when cast. The health drain has been removed and the mana regeneration has been increased.
    i like this idea, the only other issue i grumble about is empty the crypts being worthy of the point to spend for it. its return is far to weak to justify it.

Not a fan of empty the crypts, either. I'm still pretty low at 27 or 28, but it just doesn't seem to be a great mechanic.The damage+heal seems so much more useful, even if EtC does a slight bit more damage. The mechanic is also weird with them zerging the nearest red rather than hitting your target.

i simply dont see crypts as viable due to it blowing your entire charge for its weak duration and resulting dps output. it simply is not worth the cost.

crypts should swarm your target, still expecting this to be fixed. (if it cant be.. 86 it entirely)

Unfortunately, as of right now, I still don't have the final model for it that I can attach to it. I'll get that hooked up as soon as I can.

I also have a fix going in for the issue with Empty the Crypts always telling you, you've learned the ability each time you log in.

Knit Flesh is getting renamed to Revivify. It was pointed out that the name didn't make much sense when all the pets were skeletons.
    Sounds great to me, not a fan of having an illusion on me all the time anyways.

But what about the pet agro? This really should be getting fixed too.

Thx

A recent bug i noticed was the heals that exchange your life for an allies, the damage portion to you is effected by + damage modifiers like lich and many of the mage souls charge ability.

+ Reply to Thread