+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Copying Your Character to Storm Legion Beta

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Copying Your Character to Storm Legion Beta

Character Copy to Beta!

You can now copy your character to the Storm Legion Beta! Simply click the Transfer button when you’re at Character select on the Live client and select “Copy to PTS”." You will then see a pop up that allows you to choose Playtest or Storm Legion. It's as easy as that!

You will need to download the Beta patcher if you have not done so already, this is approximately the same size as installing the full game and may take some time.

You can download the patcher here:

http://update2.triongames.com/ch1-in...stall-Beta.exe

Have fun!

I cant wait for Friday!
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I cant wait for Friday!
    +1 from me!

Downloading now.

Can't wait.

Agreed, to bad I work until 9pm central on friday, I wont be able to explore until late night friday

My body is ready.

what time friday does it start? is it as soon as it ticcks past midnight thursday.

I doubt it will be at midnight sharp. I'm actually guessing that since they are wanting to stress test the servers they will wait till a higher population time before opening to get an idea of how they handle the authorization process when its getting hit hard by high number of log ins.

Question...

Will we 'lose' our original characters guild or anything when we move? Or is that message just letting me know my guild isn't copied with me? Just checking since I am a Guild Master and would hate to mess something up with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by SerinaNight View Post
    Will we 'lose' our original characters guild or anything when we move? Or is that message just letting me know my guild isn't copied with me? Just checking since I am a Guild Master and would hate to mess something up with my guild.
    It is just letting you know that your guild and guild bank is not copied over as well, everything on the live servers remains the same when copying to any of the public test shards.

Man I'm so glad I have no class this friday ^_^

Anyone happen to know what the functionality of (if any) immediate leveling to 60 for the purpose of full soul build testing?

IE: Will we be able to instant level a copied character to 60, or will there be a function similar to the conquest testing where a newly made character can be max leveled and given a gear set.

Suppose I'll find out soon enough just curious if anyone knows.

I imagine they will have a period of enhanced leveling, but I doubt the level will be chosen, at least for the start of beta.

if it works like the PTS, there should be a vendor with items that raise your level as well as end game armor and weapons.

From what I understand this is primarily a stress test, I doubt we are going to see any kind of leveling npc. The purpose of the Beta is to help the team and those in Alpha make sure things are ready, bumping you to 60 doesn't tell them much, they need us to level via dungeons, IA, quests etc and see if its to fast or to slow. Play your builds, get use to all of the changes, report any and all bugs you see like spells dealing fire dmg when they say they deal life, dps absurdly high in one spec or far to low, things like that.

Edit: Not to say there wont be a leveling npc at some point, I could be wrong and there is one from the get go but I find that highly unlikely.
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

If are toons are already on PTS? Will they already be on the beta server?

Quote Originally Posted by kodama View Post
    If are toons are already on PTS? Will they already be on the beta server?
    No. The Storm Legion beta server is not the same as the PTS. You will need to copy from Live to Storm Legion.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Takemikadzuchi View Post
    It is just letting you know that your guild and guild bank is not copied over as well, everything on the live servers remains the same when copying to any of the public test shards.
    Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. Just double checking.

I clicked to copy my toon to SL but nothing else happened though after i got pop up message said click OK or Show Website. So i clicked ok and that it...? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Florianopolis View Post
    I clicked to copy my toon to SL but nothing else happened though after i got pop up message said click OK or Show Website. So i clicked ok and that it...? lol
    Your good to go, that message is just telling you to come and download the beta launcher if you haven't done so already

Edit: In other words your just waiting for them to open the sever to us Beta testers sometime Friday, until then all you can do is get the client and patch it.

+ Reply to Thread