+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planar Resistances

Planar Resistances

What is the possibility of removing the long grinds for new Source Engines and resists based on the latest raid?

I ask the question because I see it as a barrier to returning players. I know that with Storm Legion we will all be back on equal footing with regards to gearing up. In my opinion, Rift has the best raids available in any MMO. Friends and myself left Rift for other games and then looked at coming back when we didn't feel the excitement we had in raiding GSB, RoS, and starter HK. What stopped us from coming back was the many hours before us of dailies and rifts to gather the parts for our water resist, and then fire for ID. The facts for us is that we love raiding, running 5 man normal and heroics, but do not like the grind of daily quests, we like raids and Instances.

If the resistances are required, I would love to see the gear that drops from the raid instance have the desired resist stats on them in some incriment which would grow as the raiders progress through, gathering more gear. The further raid teams progress, the better their overall stats would be. This would allow returning players to jump right back where they left off, without forcing them to grind.

It's already an implemented feature.

In one of the live streams, it was said by the devs that there is a new Resist All stat. This stats is on cloaks, ring and amulets so far.

The resistance calculations have changed to accommodate this, but in essence it should eliminate most of the need to grind out resist specific sigils for lazy people. Resists will no doubt still provide an edge for elemental heavy encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivean View Post
    What is the possibility of removing the long grinds for new Source Engines and resists based on the latest raid?

I ask the question because I see it as a barrier to returning players. I know that with Storm Legion we will all be back on equal footing with regards to gearing up. In my opinion, Rift has the best raids available in any MMO. Friends and myself left Rift for other games and then looked at coming back when we didn't feel the excitement we had in raiding GSB, RoS, and starter HK. What stopped us from coming back was the many hours before us of dailies and rifts to gather the parts for our water resist, and then fire for ID. The facts for us is that we love raiding, running 5 man normal and heroics, but do not like the grind of daily quests, we like raids and Instances.

If the resistances are required, I would love to see the gear that drops from the raid instance have the desired resist stats on them in some incriment which would grow as the raiders progress through, gathering more gear. The further raid teams progress, the better their overall stats would be. This would allow returning players to jump right back where they left off, without forcing them to grind.
    In one of the SL dev interviews they said they are including all resistance on cloaks to help out with people that are short a bit on some resists. For example in one of the previews people noticed one of the cloaks stats was greater than +100 for all resists. I have no idea if this is still the case or part of the current plan but it appears they have a plan in place to address your concern.

I would think certain encounters would require specifc resists if done pre-nerf. But nerfed fights may not.

Ring and Necklaces now have +all resist on as well as the cloaks. This should mean resist specific scource engines should not really be needed, but may well give a raid which is lacking healing a helping hand.

Good move as far as i can see.

I know in BiS tank core on live, with the points spec'ced into warlord resistances, my values range from 80ish to 150ish unbuffed. On beta, those numbers are all over 700 with the same gear. Unless Trion massively buffed elemental damage from bosses, my guess is that you won't need specific sigils/engines.

**edit** I didn't check my DPS or soloing builds, so those might be quite a bit different. My input is solely based on the tank build I (hastily) put together before work.
    Lemming@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread