+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Warrior Grinding/Lvling Guide for n00bz.

The Warrior Grinding/Lvling Guide for n00bz.

Route #1,

One mob at the time, i came i saw i ...

51 paragon//15 warlord// 0 tempest

Spec Description:
    2 charges, 1 pull, more than enough gap closers for you to work with, keep pounding till ur brain melt, huge front load dps, just keep Sli up use the reactives and follow ups, no problem till lvl 54.

=========================================
    Route #2,

One button at the time, for super lazy ppl.

XX tempest // XX RB

Spec Description:
    Macro random abilities together, spam it away, not effective at all, good for afk watching TV with a autokey setup from either software/keyboard/mouse w/e.

Route #3,

hit me baby one more time.

38 Warlord(skill up to 41 as u level) // 28 Paladin

Spec Description:
    Keep up the buffs, spam reactives, and win.

Route #4 (require few more levels)

aDOTOTOTOOTOTOTOTOT.

36 reaver // 32 pala or 41 reaver // 28 pala.

Spec Description:
    Dot them up, pile them up, run in circles, spam either Explosive infestation or Light's Decree or both, works for lowbie dungeon as well, good for aoe grinding.

Question:
    Did you try 51 champ 15 wl 0 tempest as an aoe grinding spec?

And should I assume 15 WL provides Recovery Posture, since you didn't use 16 rb for BoEA anywhere?
    Wykkyd <Aegis> @Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Wykkyd View Post
    Question:
    Did you try 51 champ 15 wl 0 tempest as an aoe grinding spec?

And should I assume 15 WL provides Recovery Posture, since you didn't use 16 rb for BoEA anywhere?
    champion seems pretty fail for lvling purpose, feel free to try it, BoEA doesnt do much this days, need to hit over 10k to heal urself for 350, and doesnt proc every hit.

Good to see you in Beta Sharogy. Can't wait to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    Good to see you in Beta Sharogy. Can't wait to log in.
    im in A not B.

so my E is B than urs.

Tested some more champ builds, generally fail, not enough ways to gather up mobs, and defo not enough ways to stay alife when tanking many mobs at the same time, which defeats its purpose.

obviously when i say fail it doesnt mean u cant kill stuff with it, just less effective. a more tank oriented lvling spec is much better when ur solo, run something else if u have a pocket healing babysitting u all the way.

maybe when they fix thunderous strike, it'll be able to do hold its own for leveling

I lvled to 51 with champ just to try it. The aoe reaver/pali build is way better. It does more dmg, you have access to however many heals you need, and you can take on 10-20 mobs at a time. Means you need a good 1her and shield though.

Try out what ou know, then add in what you got as new, play with it, move it around, try it again, move it around again, play with it, move it around, macro it, move it, play with it ...................see what works what doesn't work,

Don't say it doesn't work just because you couldn't get yours to work, let other specs work it too.

No RB specs? Interesting. Also, any ideas for lowest downtime?

problem with deep rb specs and warlord specs is that it's very much energy deprived and you're not really killing stuff faster.

Is leveling seriously that much of a issue? The xp grind cannot be that bad and people will be 60 within a day anyways lol

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is leveling seriously that much of a issue? The xp grind cannot be that bad and people will be 60 within a day anyways lol
    People need to expect mobs to hit harder and they will need to play more carefully than at level 50. Since everyone runs around massively overgearing Open World on LIVE. Beta is a different kettle of fish.

Please post any useful low downtime builds along the lines of live server 44 rb/12 pal/8 reaver, or 44rb/22 reaver/champ etc once people find em. If BOEA is as useless as presented here it makes me wonder if we will even be able to quest or grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Terribella View Post
    Please post any useful low downtime builds along the lines of live server 44 rb/12 pal/8 reaver, or 44rb/22 reaver/champ etc once people find em. If BOEA is as useless as presented here it makes me wonder if we will even be able to quest or grind.
    Now this could also be the same issue they had on Ember Isle where they had to find the perfect spot for mob dps/health. Remember it was buffed and nerfed I think twice.

I do not want to see them buffing warriors to crazy levels because npc's are OP

this is beta, T R Y I T

I've been using the 38wl/28pally build and it can chew through things all day with no downtime, plus you get a full heal, no permission to die etc etc etc etc etc. Some of the reactives are pretty insanely overtuned, some assassin tried to gank me and I did like 30% of his hp on the first hit since I blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyfish View Post
    . Some of the reactives are pretty insanely overtuned, some assassin tried to gank me and I did like 30% of his hp on the first hit since I blocked.
    Interesting, have you found that block/parry/dodge is actually a possibility in PVP now? Used to be that hit/focus pretty much negated them. I have been stuck at work all day, so haven't had a chance to test, but if block/parry/dodge actually has a place in PVP now...that'll make things interesting.
    Lemming@Greybriar

Has anyone tried a warlord build utilizing the "Block w/o a Shield" talent? I've been tinkering around with the DPS souls and their respective heal on ability hits, though I have to agree that Champion is less than pleasing so far. I have found that a SnB build or anything really that allows you to block with Paladin has been very fun indeed, and I have not yet needed to use the Paladin's heals while doing IAs in Ember Isle. I'll take this build to one of the new zones and play with the mobs there soon.

BoEA is an absolute joke and surely needs boosting? Is it a mistake? Should it be 3.5%?

Did they just put the decimal point in the wrong place? It a complete waste of a space on the soul tree.

+ Reply to Thread