+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mage Bug Thread

Mage Bug Thread

Post your bugs-

Spec - Ability - Listed function - Live function

Maybe we can head off some of these things quickly.

the new neddra's torture (cast by someone else on a dummy) will explode on you when you 'purge' a debuff like Icy Carapace in your DPS rotation.

it should probably be changed so that one of the casting Warlock's effects must be purged, not any debuff

This may not be mage-specific, but you can switch zero-point souls in combat. You can start off with Archon, cast Searing Vitality, and then switch to Dominator, squirrel something, then to Harbinger for a self-buff. Lightning Blade will disappear if the soul is switched out, but Searing Vitality will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    the new neddra's torture (cast by someone else on a dummy) will explode on you when you 'purge' a debuff like Icy Carapace in your DPS rotation.

it should probably be changed so that one of the casting Warlock's effects must be purged, not any debuff
    Did this when I would use Flame Sigil as well. Actually killed myself when it crit me at half health :<

Noticed with warlock if you use conflux while neddra's torture is up you get the backlash dmg and get silenced, when fighting a group boss can be hard to track neddra's torture amoungst all the other ability's

Quote Originally Posted by ICEASH View Post
    Noticed with warlock if you use conflux while neddra's torture is up you get the backlash dmg and get silenced
    This happened to me at the testing dummy as well, nearly killed myself.

found another one while trying to imitate 1.10 pyrolock:

casting SacLife Damage while you have Internalize Charge on will sacrifice the life, but you receive no buff. In 1.10 this cancels your internalize charge and gives you SLD buff. I'm pretty sure this is bugged because SLD is 20% buff which should override IC 19%.

LGV is not working off many harbinger abilities - even for the reduced amounts

Deathly calling stacks are not showing up for me. A few others I've talked to in game confirmed this. It works on live (non-beta) just fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahlenko View Post
    Deathly calling stacks are not showing up for me. A few others I've talked to in game confirmed this. It works on live (non-beta) just fine though.
    Its because it's not you that apply the buff, it's your pet. So if you change your setting to "show all raid debuffs" you can work around it before they fix it for real. On live it is you that apply Deathly Calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Armine View Post
    This may not be mage-specific, but you can switch zero-point souls in combat. You can start off with Archon, cast Searing Vitality, and then switch to Dominator, squirrel something, then to Harbinger for a self-buff. Lightning Blade will disappear if the soul is switched out, but Searing Vitality will remain.
    you can switch souls in combat on live server. dont remember if buffs persist, i havent done that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOMARYJA View Post
    you can switch souls in combat on live server. dont remember if buffs persist, i havent done that for a while.
    Hmm, can you? That feels exploitative.

Lucent Slash is not triggering Veil heals - 36/31 chlorobinger or 52/8/7 harb/chloro/sc (I'm calling this one the "jedi" build)

Piercing Light - (same builds as above) shows Instant Cast on my toolbar, but is supposed to have a 4s CD. I don't see any talents that would reduce this CD to 0. I'm happy it does, but if this is as intended I'd like to know what does it.

Countdown in Pyromancer is not recieving a damage buff from stacks of combust, its not getting the base 5%/stack from the tooltip nor the additional 9%/stack from Tinder in the soul tree.

Pyro Spark + Harbringer Eldritch Power

5 points in Spark reduces the gcd of fire spells to 1 second.
    2 points in Eldritch Power reduces the gcd of cast time spells consuming Eldritch Armor procs by 1 second

So with points put in these talents, fireballs that consume eldritch armor procs should generate a gcd of 0 seconds?

Even if this isn't intended to be the case, the two talents don't work with each other. Putting points in spark prevents the gcd reduction from eldritch power. Casting a fireball that consumes an eldritch armor proc with no points in spark generates a .5 second gcd. Casting a fireball that consumes an eldritch armor proc with 1 point in spark generates a 1.4 sec gcd. 2 points in spark - eldritch armor consuming firespells generate a 1.3 second gcd. And so on. At a minimum, putting points in spark shouldn't increase the gcd caused.

Similar affect with Pouring Rain in Stormcaller and Rushing elements in Elementalist. Normally casts that consume eldritch armor procs generate a gcd of .5 secs. With either of these buffs active, it will generate a gcd of 1 second.

Radiant Spores procs multiple times a second on some abilities.

my combat parser had a rogue's "High Explosives" proc RS 6 times in 1 second, healing him for 2k+. There were several others at the dummies this was procing like mad on as well.

After an epidemic proc, CM can be cast while moving
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CM1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1148
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cm2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1149

Pyro Soul Tree doesn't show its Passive Buffs in Tool Tip

Unless there is another vendor, there is no Mage Cape from Hunt Merchants.. (Rogue tank cape shows up as default, if show filtered still only Wisdom Heavy Cleric Capes...)

SL: D should not fade out when another charge consumer is active, instead activating SL: D should disable previous active charge consumer, how SL: D and IC currently work..

Could just be lag, but the GCD on Eldritch armor needs to be looked out, very easy to queue up a 2nd cast even with Short Ability Queues...

Condemn is not being effected by Lich form or Contaminate ( does not consume charge so guessing its not registering as a DoT )

When refreshing Life Leech with Void Bolt, Contaminate does not consume charge but Life Leech Dmg is still increased

Add more dummies !

Would like a clarification on some tooltips:

In the 3rd tier of archon, Vital Assistance increases the crit chance of your spells by 1%

and

In the 1st tier of elementalist, Biting cold increases the crit chance of your abilities by 1%

Is the archon crit increase supposed to only work for spells? or is this just a tooltip/design flaw?

Two other abilitys that have the same wording and dont proc off of "abilities" Burning Fury and Exhilaration

Just tried out my Mage; went deep Harbinger.

The self uff "Elderitch Armor" when talented 2/2 in the Soul-Tree says "reduces cast time... by 2.5 seconds"
    It says the same in the Tool Tip, however:: The actual buff on me ticking down says "...reduces cast time... by 2 seconds"

UPDATE::

It actually turns out that EVERY skill in Harbinger is INSTANT (some with cool downs) so the talent/buff Elderitch Armor is useless for that soul.

Luckily I spent some points in another soul that has a cast time ability - turns out it was 2.5 seconds, and when the Elderitch Armor procs, yes it was reduced by 2.5 seconds and became instant.

Harbinger

I dont know if anyone else noticed but the harbinger weapons are always shaking and flashing.

+ Reply to Thread