+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easiest leveling spec by Gwynn

Easiest leveling spec by Gwynn

I took my time to create (IMO) the easiest and most comfortable spec for general PvE content in Storm Legion. It's basically an enhanced version of famous Duracell. All boils down to 4-5 buttons - your single target macro, aoe, vex, charge and vengeance switching.

So here it is:

The spec:

Buffs:

- Courage of the Eagle
    - Heart of the Frozen Sea
    - Armor of Devotion
    - Shroud of Agony

Single target macro:

suppressmacrofailures
    #show Icy Blow
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp

AoE macro:

#show Soul Drain
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Soul Drain
    cast Strike of the Maelstrom

Vids:

Both videos are unlisted, that means only people who have access to beta forums can see them. If it's still against NDA, someone from TRION please let me know and I'll remove them.

Have fun, clerics.

thanks for the build

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    suppressmacrofailures
    #show Icy Blow
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    You should remove Jolt from the macro as it may use a normal Jolt instead of a proc'ed Jolt.

Question, do you reckon this will be enough heals? mobs will hit harder later and Vex heals are almost none existent.

[Sarcasm]
    And salvation unlike live it only procs once per GCD now no matter how many mobs you hit, it was deemed OP but it is ok for Mages to have Lifegiving Veil in Harbinger spec and be as efficient as live Cabicar.
    [/Sarcasm]
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    You should remove Jolt from the macro as it may use a normal Jolt instead of a proc'ed Jolt.
    This is pointless for a grind spec, the dmg from Improved Jolt vs Normal Jolt is meaningless for the point of this spec. It is far easier to marco it and forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Question, do you reckon this will be enough heals? mobs will hit harder later and Vex heals are almost none existent.
    Mobs will hit harder, but you will also get stronger as you level up and Vex heals for fixed amount now, so unless they made higher lvl mobs deal like 10x more damage, it should look pretty much the same. Just keep running and spam Vex, once you ball all the mobs it shouldn't take more than two Soul Drain chains to kill everything. You can always try and find out yourself, I guess.

[Sarcasm]
    And salvation unlike live it only procs once per GCD now no matter how many mobs you hit, it was deemed OP but it is ok for Mages to have Lifegiving Veil in Harbinger spec and be as efficient as live Cabicar.
    [/Sarcasm]
    I noticed that. Do not like... It just doesn't feel right.

Hey cool, thanks for the vids.

I'm assuming Vengeance of the Chosen while out soloing, or are the heals from Vex enough to keep using Winter Storm?

Coming from a healing cleric that hates to dps, but knows she can't level as a healer this time- Thank you so much =)
    For now, I have named it Shamwow.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    This is pointless for a grind spec, the dmg from Improved Jolt vs Normal Jolt is meaningless for the point of this spec. It is far easier to marco it and forget it.
    A normal Jolt is less damage than Icy Blow making Jolt a dps loss when used in a macro. Jolt should only be used after a crit for the 140% damage boost. If you are lazy sure put Jolt in your macro and hope your macro has a crit before every Jolt.

Also for an AoE macro it would be best to put Avalanche Strike in place of Strike of the Maelstrom or Follow the attack order below.
    The best AoE rotation would be: Soul Drain > Avalanche Strike > Strike of the Maelstrom > Avalanche Strike > Strike of the Maelstrom > Avalanche Strike > Strike of the Maelstrom > Repeat
    This is because Avalanche strike procs frostbite which increase the next physical attack by 30%, Strike of the Maelstrom counts as a physical attack.
    Only downside of Avalanche Strike is the fact it is a frontal attack and not a 360 attack.

AoE macro
    #show soul drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast soul drain
    cast avalanche strike

+ Reply to Thread