+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clinging spirits and true versatility in cleric dps

clinging spirits and true versatility in cleric dps

(first of all if another class obtained a clinging spirits debuff in 1.11 then this post is not needed. i have been spending all my beta testing on my cleric this weekend so i really don't know)

there is a simple fact for cleric dps in 20 man raids: at least one cleric MUST have a spec with clinging spirits

currently in 1.11 inquisitor and cab are the only two cleric souls that provide clinging debuff
    -17 points in either cab or inquisitor to obtain

the majority(so far) of our top dps specs are 51+ in the main soul to do top dps leaving 15(at level 50) to put into another soul/s. of course this changes when reaching level 60 but going over 10 in cab or inquisitor means spending points in dot enhancement which is pretty specific to dot specs. so if clinging spirits is still going to be required in a raid when are we ever going to be able to use druid or shaman anyways? i know it only takes one cleric to keep it up but in an even raid environment you have 5 clerics in a 20 man. say 1 is tanking, 1 is puri, 1 is warden, 1 is defiler(i dunno lol) that leaves 1 cleric to dps or 2 if you take out the defiler. but your dps spec is going to have to be inquisitor or cab because clinging debuff is a must in raids. leaving no variety in play for our dps souls

OPTIONS:

1)give clinging to shaman and druid. it would really open up the cleric dps variety. so that those 1-2 dps clerics in raids could truely choose which soul they want to dps with instead of being forced to dps in inquisitor because it provides a unique raid debuff.

2) just take the clinging debuff out of the game. what's the point in redoing all our souls if we are still forced to play one spec if we want to dps? this is assuming that our top end dps is equal to other classes, because right now in live 1.10 having that clinging debuff ensures us a raid spot in most cases because our dps is so pitiful compaired to other classes

3) drop clinging in inquisitor and cab to lower in the tree(10ish points?) and/or make it a root ability

i would really love to dps in a raid without being forced to play inquisitor in 1.11
    Wondo cleric-Aegis 8/8 ID

If your druid debuff does what it says(and isnt overwritten by something), i believe it will benefit the raid far more than CS

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    If your druid debuff does what it says(and isnt overwritten by something), i believe it will benefit the raid far more than CS
    druid's thorns of ire is the same as illuminate, CoJ, spotters

i'm talking about inquisitors clinging spirits and cabs sigil of spirits, increases non physical damage taken by 5% stacks with bard/archon debuffs.

Agreed, no matter what happens with Druid and Shaman i know my future is Inquisitor because we only use 1 DPS Cleric, especially with the introduction of Defiler there will rarely be more than 1 DPS Cleric.

Tank
    Puri - Must have for shielding
    Warden - Must have for AoE heals
    Defiler - Must have for links
    Inquisitor - Must have for Clinging Spirit

seems like enough Clerics in the raid unless you need more heals which doesnt change the fact that the DPS Cleric will only use Inquisitor. Or unless theres a Defiler spec with Clinging Spirit, leaving that DPS Cleric free to play the best DPS spec, but that just proves that CS was a problem.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

Purge is also one of those things I kinda wish made it into one of our melee souls, however... it is GREAT that Druid now has an interrupt along with an Illuminate like ability. I really like that resistance buffs now cover every category as well.

There just is that unfortunate realisation that if Purge is ever needed 12 points into Inquisitor is going to be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldin View Post
    Purge is also one of those things I kinda wish made it into one of our melee souls, however... it is GREAT that Druid now has an interrupt along with an Illuminate like ability. I really like that resistance buffs now cover every category as well.

There just is that unfortunate realisation that if Purge is ever needed 12 points into Inquisitor is going to be necessary.
    Well, you are going to always have 1 Inquisitor with enough in Inq for Clinging Spirits...so at least 1 Cleric will always be able to purge every raid.

+1 to this, what is the point of all these soul revamps if we're going to just be required to use Inq anyway.
    Its great to think that other DPS clerics will be accomodated, but in all likelihood the setup will be as Byona said, and there wont be any room for variety.

Simply adding CS to Combined Effort or Massive Blow or something to work like it does off Bolt Of Depravity would fit perfectly in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldin View Post

yes but purge can be done in other classes besides clerics. marksmen in rogue and vk in warrior to name a few. having those two other classes have purges leads to a variety(even if somewhat limiting) in raid comps.

the issue with clinging is that only clerics can provide it and within the cleric souls only 17 points in inquisitor or cabalist gets you it. leading to the fact that one cleric in the raid must maintain it during raid encounters.

I am strongly for this. I'm getting the impression clerics would fill too many spots in an ideal raidcomp otherwise, forcing that one dps cleric into inq for CS. I hope the devs look into this, because I don't see how an average raid could spare having a cleric go druid or shaman at all if it's not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    seems like enough Clerics in the raid unless you need more heals which doesnt change the fact that the DPS Cleric will only use Inquisitor. Or unless theres a Defiler spec with Clinging Spirit, leaving that DPS Cleric free to play the best DPS spec, but that just proves that CS was a problem.
    I think move Clinging Spirit in Defiler is the best thing to do to avoid this problem.
    Good idea Byona ^^

We can add it to one of three bond or add a new bond

+ Reply to Thread