+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Beta Tanking Spreadsheet

Beta Tanking Spreadsheet

Can be found in my signature.
    I'll be updating it as fast as I can.

There is already a thread discussing it but not everyone can see it, I didn't want to fragment the discussion but it seems we may have to.
    If there's any additions or adjustments you feel need to be made please don't hesitate to tell me.

Hm, I feel a bit better at least knowing that some decent people like you have been looking at tanking changes, I've been wanting to for a long time but haven't been able to :-(.

Keep up the good work, I'll see what I can come up with when I get started...although I probably won't be able to do much unless I am 60.
    Dear signature,

Why do your HTML commands not work?

Wonderful, I rolled a rogue just so I could start tanking SL content, this is very helpful. Thank you.

Thank you for the work!
    You might want to make an allowed listed instead of a "if you have this URL you can see this doc" but if the dev/cm team doesn't have a problem with it then it should be fine =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Hm, I feel a bit better at least knowing that some decent people like you have been looking at tanking changes, I've been wanting to for a long time but haven't been able to :-(.

Keep up the good work, I'll see what I can come up with when I get started...although I probably won't be able to do much unless I am 60.
    I'm going to do some testing on actual mobs so I can account for VK and Justicar shielding abilities, but it will take a fair while. I'll try to smash my way to 60 asap so I can test those specs as well, but as always not enough hours in the day, especially when all the specs change every couple of days and I'm doing it for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by TehFrank View Post
    Thank you for the work!
    You might want to make an allowed listed instead of a "if you have this URL you can see this doc" but if the dev/cm team doesn't have a problem with it then it should be fine =^.^=
    An allowed list would have to be several thousand people long once this gets going!

I do have a quick question, since I haven't completely mastered tanking in pre-SL...

How much of a difference would it make if I wanted to be a Paladin focused tank, instead of Reaver? I notice in the chart that most reaver builds have a bit more mit, but not by much...heh

Either way, nice chart, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'm going to do some testing on actual mobs so I can account for VK and Justicar shielding abilities, but it will take a fair while. I'll try to smash my way to 60 asap so I can test those specs as well, but as always not enough hours in the day, especially when all the specs change every couple of days and I'm doing it for all classes.
    Yeah I really don't have time to get to 60 to properly test which makes me pretty sad actually, as I was really looking forward to putting in some good input. But if there's anything in particular I can do outside of being 60 let me know if you need any help.
    Dear signature,

Why do your HTML commands not work?

Thanks a lot for posting this Primalthirst.

The main reason I was looking forward to getting in on the beta this upcoming weekend was to go over and theory-craft tanking specs for 1.11 for our warriors, so your spreadsheet is going to help exponentially.

hm i m not sure, i would like to go for tankling in SL but my cleric have all mounts, titels and other stuff and my rogue have nothing^^
    And with my cleric i dont like to tank, hmmm very difficulty decision

All u need to know about tanking is that warlord riftblade crits for 45k+ at lvl 50.

Right took me a while to get my head around most of the numbers still a few I'm unsure of exact meaning - possibly add a key to home page with a more detailed explanation of each stat?

However from what I can see/understand - rogue tanks look to be the best magical mitigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickle View Post
    Right took me a while to get my head around most of the numbers still a few I'm unsure of exact meaning - possibly add a key to home page with a more detailed explanation of each stat?

However from what I can see/understand - rogue tanks look to be the best magical mitigation?
    Most of the terms have a comment explaining what they mean if you hover over them.
    Right now at level 50 warriors are the best physical tanks, clerics Non-Phys and Rogues spell damage.

Most of the terms have a comment explaining what they mean if you hover over them.
    Right now at level 50 warriors are the best physical tanks, clerics Non-Phys and Rogues spell damage.
    Haha didn't try hovering, will do that now! Are you going to be continuing this testing at level 60 or focussed on other areas out of interest?

any chance you can get the left-most panel (names/comparison titles/etc..) to scroll along with you sideways?
    now i have to spend a lot of time scrolling left and right to compare numbers on this amazing sheet!

Haha didn't try hovering, will do that now! Are you going to be continuing this testing at level 60 or focussed on other areas out of interest?
    Yeah I'm going to do this for level 60. But it might take me a while to get into it properly since levelling up all 3 tanking classes as well as my Mage (which is funnily enough my main) is going to be rough. Depending on how much time I have I may put the level 60 tanking stuff on a backburner until the devs implement a 'Make Me Level 60 Potion' so I can save myself a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    any chance you can get the left-most panel (names/comparison titles/etc..) to scroll along with you sideways?
    now i have to spend a lot of time scrolling left and right to compare numbers on this amazing sheet!
    Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't even think of doing that, I'm relatively certain it's possible I'll look into it right now.

EDIT: That was really simple, done!

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't even think of doing that, I'm relatively certain it's possible I'll look into it right now.

EDIT: That was really simple, done!
    <3

10charmancer)

Yeah I'm going to do this for level 60. But it might take me a while to get into it properly since levelling up all 3 tanking classes as well as my Mage (which is funnily enough my main) is going to be rough. Depending on how much time I have I may put the level 60 tanking stuff on a backburner until the devs implement a 'Make Me Level 60 Potion' so I can save myself a lot of time.
    Okidoke - well I'd be more than happy to help out with my rogue if it will help speed things up. Basically want to know whether rogue tanks will be a sensible choice for main tank or whether warriors will continue to be the "go to" for mitigation.

I've started putting the framework in for Level 60 specs.
    For the time being they're using Level 50 stats, which should be good enough to point out any outliers.

Okidoke - well I'd be more than happy to help out with my rogue if it will help speed things up. Basically want to know whether rogue tanks will be a sensible choice for main tank or whether warriors will continue to be the "go to" for mitigation.
    If the devs do what I tell them then everything will be as close to perfectly balanced as possible. If.

If the devs do what I tell them then everything will be as close to perfectly balanced as possible. If.
    get me in alfa *wink wink poke a dev nudge nudge* and i'll do the rogue stuff. As a MT rogue tank i think i can manage.

gives you time to " lean" on the devs, and do some "persuading", eh?

all joking aside... awesome work so far.

How accurate are the HP values that you are using?

+ Reply to Thread