+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Warrior Deeps Small Sons Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Rogue MM is ~5K (ignoring the barrage bug) and is confirmed to be too high currently and confirmed to be getting nerfs for the next round (as an aside, MM is actually potentially much higher than that on any mob that is moving due to Barbed Shot currently doing ~4K crit ticks every second self buffed on movement). It is probably a good assumption that they want the 50ish ID geared melee builds doing on the order of ~5k. If your build is above that, it will most likely be brought down.

There are some outliers in all the classes that are doing too much DPS and the reasonable expectation is that they will be brought down. So doing 6K+ self buffed in melee, expect it to come down. Doing 5K+ ranged? Expect it to come down. Doing 4K+ in a support soul/aoe soul, expect it to come down. Doing 3.5K+ in a tank build? Expect it to come down. These are all relative to lvl 50/id gear.
    As long as they bring energy back down to earth for riftblade I will be fine. Right now it is impossible to aoe dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    any build if u just spec 0 pts reaver and do SS over any existing ability, u will end up having a big dps gain, however it is utterly pointless to have builds based on 1 bug that wont be here next week.
    this statement says it well... don't waste your time searching for specs when you base it around a bug you and everyone else know about and will be changed since it is more than likely a highly accessible fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    As long as they bring energy back down to earth for riftblade I will be fine. Right now it is impossible to aoe dps.
    This is something that affects rogues as well as warriors and actually Sab more than any other soul. The sab bombs now cost more than charges (which is the opposite of live).

In general it seems that their intention was not for rogues or warriors to be great continuous AoE damage, and certainly not outside of a raid and the reduction provided by Living Energy/Fervor and VoJ (which is now paradoxically more useful on trash than on bosses!).

A problem with energy seems to be that they reverted the costs of builders back to pre-live fix levels, why they would do this is difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    A problem with energy seems to be that they reverted the costs of builders back to pre-live fix levels, why they would do this is difficult to understand.
    Has anyone gone through and figured out the current warriors actual energy regen?

Unless it's been changed from regular Rift it's 13 a second.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Unless it's been changed from regular Rift it's 13 a second.
    From testing I did tonight, it appears to be 12/s and 18/gcd. A bunch of data related to net rotation energy etc is located in http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/show...ll=1#post63201

I understand that they don't want people to sustain long aoe dps however i am not sure it is working as intended right now.
    It might change at level 60 but using tempest aoe is actually impossible without beeing energie starved.
    If the aim of the torrent is to allow you to regen some energy you might get a sustainable aoe cycle once you get storm torrent.

I am however still concern with the GCD reduction ability. It's might lead to energie issue to. If so a reduction in energy cost should be added to it. As i said before wait until level 60 to know

Quote Originally Posted by Fayeran View Post
    If the aim of the torrent is to allow you to regen some energy you might get a sustainable aoe cycle once you get storm torrent.
    Which leads to the issue of 54 points or gtfo.

I just mixed tempest with 29 RB and loving the feel with all the added elemental and burst damage bonuses. 29 + 54 = computer says no.

There are too many critical things too high up atm across the trees. Sure, I made a ST focused build, but I don't want to change specs for trash constantly in low level content.

Yes the general feeling so far is that you have very few possibility that allow you to don't be starved in aoe

champion can pretty much aoe non stop.

ok i will have a look at it.
    My issue was mainly with tempest aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    champion can pretty much aoe non stop.
    Yes, indeed, but as I said I don't want to have to change spec for trash in low level instances. That's silly. It should be the better AoE option, not the only AoE option.

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Yes, indeed, but as I said I don't want to have to change spec for trash in low level instances. That's silly. It should be the better AoE option, not the only AoE option.
    rift spear is g0d.

We have different specs for a reason, to change out of them. Only issues is the versatility of classes and the staggering amount of buffs you'd need to reapply after switching specs, I have at least 7 buffs to reapplying on Paragon, 4-5 on most of the other specs. If the buffs themselves were added a cooldown (8-10 secs), it would be nice, because then you could at least macro buffs into one button.

It really is hard when you're doing a "I'm gonna eat this mechanic because I am assigned to eat it, then I will be rezzed", but when you rez you gotta reapplying a whole bunch of buffs whilst watching mechanics. Not everyone has a Razer Naga @___@

At this rate I simply see, a spec for ST and a spec for AOE, haven't quite seen any that can do both efficiently without being power starved, hopefully this changes. Honestly, in a raid environment it shouldn't be too bad with the RB spec, but for people who don't raid at all, it could pose problems.

Sharogy, One question about paragon if you dont mind mate.

At the end of the rotation it says DT > Flurry, correct me if im wrong but DT gives one attack point. and flurry gives 3, so one AP goes to waste? I have swift finess 2/2 so flurry hits 2 additional times. taking points out of that would reduce the ap flurry gives?

Thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by yasutora View Post
    Sharogy, One question about paragon if you dont mind mate.

At the end of the rotation it says DT > Flurry, correct me if im wrong but DT gives one attack point. and flurry gives 3, so one AP goes to waste? I have swift finess 2/2 so flurry hits 2 additional times. taking points out of that would reduce the ap flurry gives?

Thanks =)
    Flurry give 1 ap every 2 second, channel time is same, u just get more hit with swift finess. wasting CP is unfortunate and there is no better alternative i know.

My take on 51 paragon.

Build 51 paragon / 12 Riftblade / 3 Tempest.

I broke the rotation down into 2 Halves, 1st SLI cycle, and 2nd SLI cycle.

1st cycle I am using -

Setting Moon > Rising Waterfall > Fiery Burst
    Shock Pulse > Rising Waterfall > Icy Burst
    Shock Pulse > Flurry > SLI

2nd Cycle is -

Setting Moon > Rising Waterfall > Shifting Blades
    Death touch > Rising Waterfall > Reaping Harvest
    Flame Spear > Rising Watefall > SLI

Macro's are and other keys are -

1. SLI + Setting moon
    2. Rising Waterfall
    3. Shock pulse
    4. Fiery Burst + Icy Burst
    5. Flurry
    6. Death touch + Flame spear
    7. Shifting Blades + Reaping harvest

Full rotation
    1>2>4
    3>2>4
    3>5
    1>2>7
    6>2>7
    6>2

6 minute DPS on test dumby, with 1777 AP/1200crit, P50 2H Sword, conquest trinket, paragon crystal and no outside buffs/debuffs was 5750.

Fairly sure it is fail br0,
    #1, flamespear = best builder, should prioritize use once every sli cycle.
    #2, fiery burst = best finisher, should prioritize use once every sli cycle
    #3, if u gonna use SB, u need to get it to land on DT, as that is the hardest hitting attack, for example a cycle of SB DT RW (never works cuz DT will not tick within the given duration). so what works is for example DT RW FB FS RW SB or DT RW SB FS RW RH
    #4, Anyway it is easy to see if SB is actually a dps gain on your parse (use act look for avg dmg of SB ticks, multiply by 3), compare to Fiery burst (i believe it ticks 6 times now? or 5 in the second cycle), check the avg dmg a fiery burst will do, since that is what u are skipping here, and i can tell almost 100% certain FB > SB in all scenarios. not to mention u are losing dmg using RH over IB.
    #5, Setting moon is only "great" if it benefit atleast 3 RW's, if 2 it breaks even, aka no gain. the placement of SM in my cycles allows it to affect "4" rw's, aka most gain possible out of 1 SM.
    #6, shock pulse vs swift strike, 6% ap/wpn dmg vs 10% resist/armor reduction, pretty sure SS wins (weapon familiarity currently bugged and not working), not to mention it buffs RW crit rate.

so there you go.

PS: it feels almost like u put stuff in that order without proper thought process and reasoning just to make things easier to macro for yourself.

To use FS or FB once per cycle clips them such that it is much less worth while than it looks. I think its better to use it once and let it fully tick out whilst buffing your other attacks with shock pulse. Therefore I only use FS/FB once per 2 cycles.

SP before Flurry is a no brainer, its makes a sizable difference to your flurry.

Advantages of SP over SS are argueable, I prefered to keep things slightly simplified by using 1 of them rather than both at this stage, with more time to practice i would work in both.

As for DT and SB, DT gets the bonus from SB when you cast DT, not when DT lands, it works fine in the way I have illustrated above.

I'm not saying that this the best paragon set up or rotation, just informing the community of what i've tested and how it worked out.

5750 in my crappy gear seemed fairly good to me. (3x epic ID peices, 1 HK peice some PF loot, and P50 stuff) No full relic ID gear here.

+ Reply to Thread