+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Report Experience Exploits (Or way imbalanced XP gains here)

Report Experience Exploits (Or way imbalanced XP gains here)

Morning guys and gals,

Now that we're testing actual leveling content we need a home for people to report EXP exploits or imbalanced gains (too low / too high). Please use this thread for that feedback. Some specific things we are looking for include
    • Monsters that should not award XP. For example those killed in masse by interacting with an item like a cannon.
    • Content that has what feels like a disproporitionately high amount of XP for the effort (Leveling too fast)
    • Content that feels lackluster or under rewarding (Leveling too slow)
    • Odd combinations of content that can be done concurrently for very rapid XP gain
    • Bonus XP values that seem disproportionate
    • Gaining PA XP in disproportinate amounts compared to normal XP (Should be the same value)
    • Stockpiling of old world content to gain levels quickly
    • Old world content that is more efficent to grind then expansion content

Overall we don't expect the leveling time in the expansion to be a huge grind. Players should be spending a good solid chunk of time in each level 5 to 10 hours. The first two levels will be by far the fastest since many players may have some quests prepped for turn in etc.
    Senior Producer - RIFT
    www.riftgame.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh View Post
    Overall we don't expect the leveling time in the expansion to be a huge grind. Players should be spending a good solid chunk of time in each level 5 to 10 hours.
    5-10 hours to 60 or 5-10 hours per level after the first couple?

Havent confirmed this yet, but artifact turn-ins of telarean artifacts, quests give xp (5 to 10k or something), silver is gonna kill me, he farmed em all during live event.

Quote Originally Posted by K-K View Post
    5-10 hours to 60 or 5-10 hours per level after the first couple?
    5-10 hours per level on average, with the first couple levels having the possibility of being significantly faster.

Do we start off at lvl1 and have to gain all 60 levels? I cant figure out how to transfer a lvl50 to beta

Log in character select in Live - click transfer then lower corner copy to PTS then chosoe Storm Legion

Time to Level to 60.

So we are we only looking at 50-100 hours to get from level 50 to 60; that's not bad for live for for beta I was hoping to check out some end game content; is there a way after doing a copy from live of a 50 to just pump it to 60?

Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
    So we are we only looking at 50-100 hours to get from level 50 to 60; that's not bad for live for for beta I was hoping to check out some end game content; is there a way after doing a copy from live of a 50 to just pump it to 60?
    I believe you are limited to level 52 this weekend and a selection of zones.

Undoubtedly higher level mass testing will occur later on.

Iron Pine Peak Waves of Madness zone event (Water element) oddities

I haven't spent a lot of time in the Iron Pine area in Rift Live and I'm adjusting to the Hoplite Tanking warrior changes, but it seemed a few things were off for this event. (approx 9:10 server time)

In particular, I don't recall seeing Bile Fin's arrival in zone. and as a 42 elite zone event boss he seemed a bit overpowered (this could be due to both my own inexperience with the tanking changes and the fact that most in the zone were seemed to be concentrating on newer content so fewer players in-zone were participating in the zone event) As a level 50 character I did not expect any experience for assisting in downing the boss, but I would have thought at least a small amout of rift loot would result from the amount of my participation on this fight - but none was recieved.

When rift closing / invasion goals were met, participating in downing final event boss (abyssal something - sorry didn't write down) I did end up with zone event appropriate loot when it was downed near whitehall. I did note the icon for another event boss onscreen (northeast of chancel of labors) bud did not note it's identification in zone event quest notes or onscreen.

I did not get the feeling that either bile-fin or the other event boss noted above were actually Instant Adventure bosses.

I'm writing this down from memory, but I think you should double check that:

I remember getting loads of PA XP during the Inwar Darktide encounter in Hammerknell. Some hundred thousands, either when the mini bosses and/or the foci die. Never saw those XP numbers on any other boss. The fact that after that phase you can wipe the raid and repeat killing the mini bosses could give you the chance to level too quickly doing old content.
    If I get to HK this weekend I will look at the numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorissy View Post
    I'm writing this down from memory, but I think you should double check that:

I remember getting loads of PA XP during the Inwar Darktide encounter in Hammerknell. Some hundred thousands, either when the mini bosses and/or the foci die. Never saw those XP numbers on any other boss. The fact that after that phase you can wipe the raid and repeat killing the mini bosses could give you the chance to level too quickly doing old content.
    If I get to HK this weekend I will look at the numbers again.
    Okay, I checked and didn't see any unusual numbers. Maybe I was mitstaken from the beginning or it has already been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorissy View Post
    Okay, I checked and didn't see any unusual numbers. Maybe I was mitstaken from the beginning or it has already been fixed.
    No, you were right, at least in the past, learning the darktide encounter is a very effective pa farm, it was like a quarter of a level when the first two minis died, we used to pop exp pots back when we were working on him for progression.

exp

why is it so slow to level in vanilla rift 1-50 took me like 3 days

Three day isn't slow ^^

i'm level 54 after the necropolis (and the Overseer quest line) in Seratos and i have done Eastearn holdings, city core, cap jule and pelladane, the quest i have give level 56 rewards and the mobs are also 56, there is no way i can get to 56 only with quests since you increased the exp needed to level up, i could do the level 56 quest but it would take me more time and i'll probably end up stuck because of higher level quest/mob

+ Reply to Thread