+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Reporting Exploits

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Reporting Exploits

Greetings,

In any beta or alpha, you will find exploits. In fact, that's what you are supposed to do.

Please make sure that you report these to us, and once you have found one and done so, please do not continue to use it! Gaining experience, levels, or any unfair advantage does not help us test the game.

Please do not use exploits in the game. Report them and move on to your next objective. If we find that folks are abusing exploits, it may cost you access to the beta. We need testing and feedback, and people who cannot offer their feedback based on the fact that they skipped through content by exploiting may find that they are no longer needed to assist us in testing.

not authorized

I get the installer up and run and it downloads to the playable phase. I hit the play button it goes to the black screen starts loading then gives me a notification that says im not authorized to play

Not Authorized

I just download eht beta installed and ran the installer.

went to log in after the down and I'm getting your not Authorized ALSO

Same, I'm getting that too.

Beta Download oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
    I get the installer up and run and it downloads to the playable phase. I hit the play button it goes to the black screen starts loading then gives me a notification that says im not authorized to play
    Same as me man :/

Hey knuckleheads, just because they give you early access to download the client doesn't mean you get early access to play the beta. They've said several times and posted all over that the beta begins on 10/5/12. We're all excited for this. Just got to be patient a bit longer.

I'm assuming the confusion is due to people posting about stuff in Storm Legion.

Just to clarify: Beta starts October 5th as per their twitter post, Facebook post, Rift Live Forums Announcement, the Beta e-mail they gave you, the account management page/etc.

If you are seeing people posting bug/feedback posts on these forums - it is the alpha testers who have already been testing for quite some time now.
    The old topics were probably closed off and hidden in preparation for the new stream of closed beta testers. i.e., check the forums stats:

Rift Beta Forums Statistics

Threads
    Members
    This forum is clearly used for all previous and current beta testing. They just close and hide off old threads.

So don't worry, you aren't missing out. Just download the client now before the rush as more oceanics come back home from work/school and US starts waking up. And wait till the 5th
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    I'm assuming the confusion is due to people posting about stuff in Storm Legion.

Just to clarify: Beta starts October 5th as per their twitter post, Facebook post, Rift Live Forums Announcement, the Beta e-mail they gave you, the account management page/etc.

If you are seeing people posting bug/feedback posts on these forums - it is the alpha testers who have already been testing for quite some time now.
    The old topics were probably closed off and hidden in preparation for the new stream of closed beta testers. i.e., check the forums stats:

This forum is clearly used for all previous and current beta testing. They just close and hide off old threads.

So don't worry, you aren't missing out. Just download the client now before the rush as more oceanics come back home from work/school and US starts waking up. And wait till the 5th
    Also I assume that it will be server time. Cant let those Kiwis in ahead of everyone else.

+ Reply to Thread