+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Champ changes...

More Champ changes...

CHAMPION
    * Two Handed Specialization: Fixed and now properly increases damage when using a two-handed weapon. The damage bonus is now maxxed at level 30 as 8-40% depending on number of points spent. Due to this fix, the damage of several additional abilities (below) has been lowered to account for the intended level of damage output.
    * Titan's Strike: Damage reduced.
    * Disruptive Strike: Damage reduced, cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 15 seconds, and Power cost increased to 40.
    * Destroyer's Bearing: The Finisher damage buff has been reduced from 35% [+15% from Intense Training] to 20% [+15% from Intense Training], and only generates an attack point 25% of the time.

So... no more +50% damage bonus and the 51 Aura was nerfed pretty good.

Would have been nice to actually have the +50% damage bonus working before it was nerfed =(

So my already gutted class has been re-gutted. I don't understand. Unless the two-handed spec talent was performing WAY under what it was suppose to.

I don't understand the damage bonus nerf to the 51 Aura though, but I get the AP going to 25% (I would rather 50%).

You could spam that VK finisher for 1 pt and drain 400+ mana per hit.

Every time they beat my spec down, I go back and reevaluate how I want to address the changes. I read a lot of posts, gather info and opinions, test things out and reconfigure accordingly. How many flippin times are they going to change the warrior dps classes? This is getting old. How many nerfs do they need? I don't recall everyone complaining all the time like the last several nerfs would lead you to believe. Did I miss something? Do test dummy parses and fights against mentally inferior players justify these recent constant changes? I think they need to rename the half of the warrior callings, as when I started playing they were nothing like what they are now. I wish they would tell us what the final version will be so I stop wasting my time altering my spec. Am I alone in my frustration in the changes here?

Quote Originally Posted by nezitx View Post
    So my already gutted class has been re-gutted. I don't understand. Unless the two-handed spec talent was performing WAY under what it was suppose to.
    If posts in another thread are to be trusted, it wasn't working well at all. http://ch1.goodtimes.trionworlds.com...ead.php?t=4190

Quote Originally Posted by carlb1818 View Post
    Every time they beat my spec down, I go back and reevaluate how I want to address the changes. I read a lot of posts, gather info and opinions, test things out and reconfigure accordingly. How many flippin times are they going to change the warrior dps classes? This is getting old. How many nerfs do they need? I don't recall everyone complaining all the time like the last several nerfs would lead you to believe. Did I miss something? Do test dummy parses and fights against mentally inferior players justify these recent constant changes? I think they need to rename the half of the warrior callings, as when I started playing they were nothing like what they are now. I wish they would tell us what the final version will be so I stop wasting my time altering my spec. Am I alone in my frustration in the changes here?
    Not alone, but, well... testing is here for a reason.

I would have to argue that this goes past the testing point. I understand tweaks. Obviously they botched the warrior classes that bad that they had to redesign them. That doesn't make much sense, to be honest. What are the odds of only the warrior dps classes being way too good, as they lead us to believe. Surely you can't expect anyone to believe that only warriors do too much damage. I have no problem testing, I just wish I knew what I was testing. The complete recalculations I am constantly doing based upon the major changes they are making this close to release hardly gives me the ability to test either. But I would certainly be inclined to think they are not playing warriors themselves and trusting info being posted (whether correctly or incorrectly) by others. Otherwise, there is no way it would have gone this long without making tweaks along the way, not the butchering they have done. But that is just my point of view. I don't want to play a tank, I like the warrior dps aspect. I am not arguing the validity, necessarily, of the changes, just the recent frequency and extremity. Maybe they should have actually played a dps warrior and it would have evolved over the last several weeks, not transformed over one.

So now you get 1.35% per soul point instead of .34% (the other trees still max to 50%).

2 handed spec did absolutely nothing before this patch. Time to test and see what kinda numbers I get now

"Fixing the problem resulted in a sudden 50% increase to the damage the Champion was putting out, that fact necessitated changes you would consider nerfs. However those changes were limited to only 1 or 2 high level Champion abilities to minimize any reduction in power and the end result was actually a net gain for Champion DPS which is intended to make up for their falling a bit short in the target we intended prior to this change. " - Atrius

Correct me if I am wrong, but previously, we got .34% per point spent in Two Handed Specialization, for a max total after 5 points of 1.7% physical damage bonus per point spent, max 50% like the other trees--Paragon and Riftblade. Now we only get 40%? Come on, how is this not another nerf?

EDIT: I posted this now because it just clicked with me upon reading through different posts that again, despite what the devs are saying, it doesn't match the change...going from 50% max bonus to 40% is a net gain? See above again.

They ninjaed my weapon on Delta so I tested on my pretty well geared toon on Delta and got 570 DPS with 51 Champ 15 Paragon (over 3 minutes)
    So actually doesn't seem to bad.

That would be because you never actually got the 50% bonus you were supposed to get. Instead of fixing that and giving Champoin the 50%, like the RB and Para, they "fixed" what wasn't working, and made it 40%. Which they claim is an improvement. This sounds way too much like the government here. The logic they are using is because the skill was broke (we never got the 50% bonus) by them adding anything (now 40% instead of the original intended 50%) is making it better. That like me giving you a check for $50 that never clears the bank, so then I say well here is $40 in cash, which is actually more anyway. Gotta love it. I wonder how many people they think they are convincing that dropping 10% bonus is actually an increase?

Rift Team
    2 Handed Specialization wasn’t working at all for Champions. Fixing it to work meant Champions were then doing too much damage so we adjusted down abilities as needed. Basically the end result should be close to no change in DPS for Champions.

I'm seeing a net loss (can't be sure if its 10% like I assumed), anyone else parse this and feel like fighting the numbers war to prove or disprove this?

If Alpha is still up in the morning I'll test again, I'm calling it for the night to be rested and prepared for launch.

I am laughing as I read that. I love the fact that you have made disruptive strike approximately half of its original damage, increased the power cost and the recast. Once again, I will be changing my build as a skill I spec to get is dropped down to not being useful for the points invested. I wish we were in the loop for what the changes were / are intended to accomplish. Then compare that to what they really do accomplish. We are energy starved at the moment, so increasing the cost of an attack, not even a finisher, renders it useless. I can't afford 40% of my power for a set up skill. Maybe if the damage was left alone, or add a crit chance or something to justify the power cost. I am not sure the 15 second recast is enough however, in order to regain my 40 power used

Uhm.. what are you guys doing back there?

Come on, Trion..

I understand most of the changes, but Disruptive strike does less dmg and now costs 40 energy?

Honestly, what dev thinks ANY player is going to use a builder that does moderate dmg but costs more than ANY other ability in all the warrior souls... 40 energy makes ZERO sense... You just killed another ability for no reason.

Well, it does give 2 action points still right? Maybe that is the purpose of the skill more than anything else; generating 2 attack points in a single GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by mav1234 View Post
    Well, it does give 2 action points still right? Maybe that is the purpose of the skill more than anything else; generating 2 attack points in a single GCD.
    2AP does not justify 40 energy... heck I can take those few points, put them into paragon and have a better passive ability gaining me more AP all the time.

I goofed with it for a while last night. After the nerf to the 51 Aura I wouldn't go anywhere near max in champ again.

It is like WL now, but a dump soul for grabbing for the heal debuff in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
    I goofed with it for a while last night. After the nerf to the 51 Aura I wouldn't go anywhere near max in champ again.

It is like WL now, but a dump soul for grabbing for the heal debuff in PVP.
    I guess another soul not worth playing for warrior. I think tonight I'll be starting a rogue.

I find the warrior a very risky class to invest my time into. I'd rather play a rogue.

+ Reply to Thread