+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Champ changes...

Just face it, Trion does not want you to play a warrior. On the plus side, I did fight Abom from the omega server last night. He started at 30% health and was able to kill me without it being a contest with me in 26 bm, the rest in champ, 0 in vindicator(pvp soul). Now, I am only in high 40s to 50 blue gear with 1 purple and he was in all purples and he told me that he had the best gear on Omega.

He had no problem healing up as I was attacking. My priority of attack was with Perfect Timing, Titan Strike then going Disruptive Strike and our opener attack to build combo points. Then using Vicious strike the 1st finisher you get with Champ. This is while my pet is also attacking and buffed with Enraged Companion. The over 900 crits from Coda of Wrath is what was killing me. Abom, just used Cadence to heal and then Virtuoso and Coda of Wrath.

Either gear makes a big difference or something isnt quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenarion View Post
    I guess another soul not worth playing for warrior. I think tonight I'll be starting a rogue.

I find the warrior a very risky class to invest my time into. I'd rather play a rogue.
    Have fun.. but remember.. rogues are overpowered right now.. there will be nerfs this class to in the next time too...
    I dont play classes because they are doing xxxx dmg.. i play them because the gameplaymechanics of the class are fun for me... but if only numbers are important.for you. then i can understand you...

Gear makes a huge difference from blue/green to t2 stuff tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirtago View Post
    Have fun.. but remember.. rogues are overpowered right now.. there will be nerfs this class to in the next time too...
    I dont play classes because they are doing xxxx dmg.. i play them because the gameplaymechanics of the class are fun for me... but if only numbers are important.for you. then i can understand you...
    It's not about numbers but like many others posted all the last month nerfs of the warrior calling and souls took away some of the fun of the calling. It feels like playing a different class the warrior of today compared to the warrior of 1 month ago. Also the class feels less versatile and dynamic...

40 power for practically any ability... once again devs fail to see power consumption problems compared to smooth energy power regeneration rogues are enjoying. Rogues indeed have high hitters with 40-50 energy cost but as they regenerate energy *so* much faster its no problem to em.

Energy/power difference matter pretty little to casul players who don't use best rotations or even macros. But for serious players power limitations prevent warriors from doing good job while rogues still have enought energy to excecute almost all attack all the time, giving them huge edge where it really matters. Personally I think we need serious rethinking here, once warriors are given good power options they have a fighting chance. Good start would be removing 'to hit' stat in gear affecting players so it would be actually possible to dodge/parry in lv50 WFs, making paragon energy boosts meaningfull.

+ Reply to Thread