+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After today's patch...

After today's patch...

... is the mage damage more comparable now, or are rogues/warriors still doing alot more?

We did some 10man rift raiding last night. Rogues were still on top by a huge margin, our warriors still had a slight edge over mages.

Single target parse fights usually looked like this:
    Rogues: 800-1000
    Warriors: 700-800
    Mages: 650-750
    Clerics: 600-700

I am not sure what our melee rogues were doing, but on single target fights assassin builds were tearing it up when they could keep positioning behind the mob.

Aoe Fights:
    Rogues: 1400-1800
    Mages: 1100-1500
    Warriors: 800-1000
    We had no aoe cleric specs

I think you may have miscalculated your dps. It can't be possible that every other class, yes even the clerics basically did the same dps, does more damage than a mage. Say it ain't so. Trion must be unaware of this disparity. Please tell them so they can scramble to address this. I am shocked to see such numbers.

/sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by carlb1818 View Post
    I think you may have miscalculated your dps. It can't be possible that every other class, yes even the clerics basically did the same dps, does more damage than a mage. Say it ain't so. Trion must be unaware of this disparity. Please tell them so they can scramble to address this. I am shocked to see such numbers.

/sarcasm off
    Just the average numbers I was getting on raids that night.

/sarcasm off
    I was one of the warriors and the numbers are right, though sadly I don't think mages would have gotten second on AoE if the warriors would have known the fight and spec'ed strictly to AoE in that encounter. The warrior numbers were ST specs with a little versatility, as I believe the Rogue ones were sabs.

/sarcasm off
    I was one of the Rogues and regarding AoE damage he is absolutely right.

Now regarding single target MDPS the only reason I was able to hit 800+ dps was FULLY POSITIONAL to a mob that did not required jousting. Rogue MDPS can be very good but is VERY SITUATIONAL

That is a little disheartening, but it would appear that the devs envision a mage that isn't primarily a DPS class. I foresee a large outcry on the general forums as mages get to 50 and realize they can't compete, but that is going to happen in every game by once class or another.

I am sure in time things will swing around the other way. Especially if DOT scaling is fixed to represent more than just the initial cast time.

I keep going back and forth on what class I want to play. I really like the mechanics of the mage, but it's hard to justify when having a couple more rogues in a raid will be almost as good as having an extra 21st dps mage. Our guild is almost perfectly balanced class/role wise, which makes it even harded to decide because we aren't in major need of one or the other.

Anyway, thanks for the info guys. Best of luck to everyone in the release!

So are the people claiming there are mages getting 800 DPS talking about AoE, then?

I personally am not too worried about mage DPS. It will take me probably 6 months to get to end game as I plan to explore everything, max out my professions as I level and take it very casually. By the time I get to end game, there will have been plenty of changes to the mage calling that will make them good.

Yall have to understand that even if they are not on par right this moment, Trion is not nieve enough to let them stay that way for the long haul of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Avathos View Post
    I was one of the Rogues and regarding AoE damage he is absolutely right.

Now regarding single target MDPS the only reason I was able to hit 800+ dps was FULLY POSITIONAL to a mob that did not required jousting. Rogue MDPS can be very good but is VERY SITUATIONAL
    If you do it once, you do it all the time, atleast according to everyone that doesnt play the class

Quote Originally Posted by Karatha1 View Post
    Yall have to understand that even if they are not on par right this moment, Trion is not nieve enough to let them stay that way for the long haul of the game.
    Changing the Elementalist line how they did when the calling was already hurting does not inspire a lot of faith in that thought. There has also not been the slightest assertion from the Devs that they are even looking to improve the mage calling or they think there is a problem with mage DPS.

+ Reply to Thread