+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BUG: Stacking problems Heatwave(pyro) and Surging Flare(archon)

Hybrid View

BUG: Stacking problems Heatwave(pyro) and Surging Flare(archon)

Ok Found this bug out tonight and its a major problem for Pyromancers. Currently the Archon Spell Surging flare, (A Direct Damage spell that gives a 5% decrease to cast speed to all raid members for 6 seconds, 10sec cooldown) Is not stacking correctly with Pyromancer Heatwave (50% decrease to attack speed for 15seconds). If I cast heatwave while Surging flare is up, I dont get my 50% cast reduction speed. If The archon casts Surging flare while my heatwave is already active I immedietly lose the 50% reduction.

This is causing a major issue during raids since the Archon can keep surging flare up for 6seconds every 10seconds, Thus giving me only a window of 4 seconds to ever have heatwave up. This pretty much ruins Heatwave for the Pyro.

Also there are still stacking issues with Volcanic bomb(archon) and Internalize charge (pyro). If You have the Volcanic bomb buff up then you cant turn on internalize charge.

Ive been able to reproduce this with 100% accuracy. I really hope these 2 stacking issue bugs get fixed before live. Just two of many problems with the mage, but I consider these two game breakers for any pyro builds.

Rift Team
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll get it fixed.
    Oh thank you! These 2 bugs were scaring me for launch and were a big culprit to pyro dps.

I see this fix on the alpha patch notes. Hope it hits live soon. I am also not too happy that rogues seemed to get a boost further increasing the gap between rogue and mage dps.

+ Reply to Thread