+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power From the Masses - Still Broken 2/21/2011

Power From the Masses - Still Broken 2/21/2011

Devs com'on, It still does not reduce damage as intended.
    Trinity -Greybriar Defiant
    -Conqueror-
    Greenscale's Blight :: River of Souls :: Hammerknell Fortress
    Infernal Dawn: 8/8

Just give up any hope it getting fixed, it gives peace to your mind .

Rift Team
    Raive, how are you seeing this broken? I have tested it using several different builds and it is currently working. If you could break down what problems it is causing you I would appreciate it so I can find them and end them. Thank you.

On a Mathosian Hunting Hound in Stillmoor. Its the best mob to test on as its damage is pretty flat and consistant. His Shred ability hits for 42 all the time. Without Power From the Masses, it hits for 42. With Power From the Masses fully stacked, it still hits for 42. I'm trying to find other mobs that hit as consistant as that mob
    -Conqueror-

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    On a Mathosian Hunting Hound in Stillmoor. Its the best mob to test on as its damage is pretty flat and consistant. His Shred ability hits for 42 all the time. Without Power From the Masses, it hits for 42. With Power From the Masses fully stacked, it still hits for 42. I'm trying to find other mobs that hit as consistant as that mob
    I will be testing with that mob, thank you.

Have you found it? Are certain abilities unable to be debuffed?
    -Conqueror-

Rift Team
    So I tested this with the mob you suggested and his "Shred" ability which hits for around 40-42. When I used Power From the Masses it reduced the damage appropriately down to 35-36 damage at maximum. So I tested it with several other mobs and circumstances and found it to be working in all cases.

I am guessing there is a miscommunication so I am going to clarify and see if that is the case. Power from the masses triggers anytime an AOE attack is used. It checks to see how many enemies are within range and then it gives the Reaver a 1% damage mitigation buff that stacks to 10%. So if you are facing a single enemy it will only give you a 1% mitigation buff each time you trigger an AOE, but it will stack it each time so you can stack up to 10%.

If there is some other test I can run or some other specific mob I can test against I will, but right now I have tested it pretty extensively and it is working in every situation I have thrown at it. Please update me if you have any further information or mobs or abilities that might help me find the problem.

That is exactly what I am doing to the hound, I am not seeing the reduction in numbers at all. I will try again shortly
    -Conqueror-

Yeah I can double confirm currently on the Alpha server, I am not getting the numbers you are getting. I keep it at 10 stacks the the attack ability Shred is still hitting for the same amount.
    -Conqueror-

Rift Team
    I will examine this further, might take longer as I need to figure out why it is happening on Alpha. Bear with me. Thanks.

Rift Team
    This is in fact broken on Alpha, we have it working on our own internal builds so it will be fixed up to a live state soon.

Rift Team
    Ok so the problem is with truncating. Each stack of Power from the Masses was reducing damage by 1%, so the server was calculating each of these values seperately and then truncating them each individually. So when facing a mob that does 40 damage it was reporting 0.4 damage which then gets truncated to 0. Then it would multiply that 0 by 10 to get 0 once again.

So when using this against mobs that do low damage, Power from the Masses won't work. That being said, you can use this talent in instances and raids and since the damage is so much higher it will work as advertised.

We have addressed this issue and you should start seeing Power From the Masses work on low damage here in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    Ok so the problem is with truncating. Each stack of Power from the Masses was reducing damage by 1%, so the server was calculating each of these values seperately and then truncating them each individually. So when facing a mob that does 40 damage it was reporting 0.4 damage which then gets truncated to 0. Then it would multiply that 0 by 10 to get 0 once again.

So when using this against mobs that do low damage, Power from the Masses won't work. That being said, you can use this talent in instances and raids and since the damage is so much higher it will work as advertised.

We have addressed this issue and you should start seeing Power From the Masses work on low damage here in the near future.
    thanks for the update

Thanks for the fix Atrius - we appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post

Thank you very much. Not only for fixing things (soon) but having time to explain problem. Excellent customer service.

+ Reply to Thread