+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: Warrior DPS Parses w/ Combatlogs

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post patch a pretty obvious reduction in the old 24 BM/ 31 Rift / 11 Champ numbers.
    Came out at 775 dps as my highest sustained number without any bonds or the 5 percent damage buff active.

  2. #122
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    This thread is mainly PvE dps.

    Also, for future reference, Rift Surge does not work in raids vs bosses or raid trash in general. Therefore, it's a PvP-centric ability.

    As for parsing on mobs that hit back, they have too little hp to get an accurate read unless u are pasing on a raid boss.
    You still dodge/block on raidmobs - which opens up reactives - no?
    Nitpicking like this is one of the main reason people give feedback through ingame feedback tools instead of debating on forums.
    Everyone not agreeing is either "flat out lying" or "trolling my thread".

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenah View Post
    You still dodge/block on raidmobs - which opens up reactives - no?
    Nitpicking like this is one of the main reason people give feedback through ingame feedback tools instead of debating on forums.
    Everyone not agreeing is either "flat out lying" or "trolling my thread".
    No you dont.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenah View Post
    You still dodge/block on raidmobs - which opens up reactives - no?
    Nitpicking like this is one of the main reason people give feedback through ingame feedback tools instead of debating on forums.
    Everyone not agreeing is either "flat out lying" or "trolling my thread".
    The tank dodges/blocks on raid mobs. Any AoE from trash can be dodged/parried/blocked by raid members. However, if you wish to stay in a raid boss's aoe, your probably gonna get killed.

    If you are talking about reactives such as Inescapable Fury, that requires the target to dodge/parry, etc. With the factor that hit rating negates the effects of +dodge/parry, these reactives are not up as much as you gear up more. Deathblow is also not worth the GCD as Fiery Burst tends to put out more dps than Deathblow comparitively in PvE. Deathblow is meant for emergency burst in a PvE dps situation. If the raid boss still has 25% health, I'm gonna be using Fiery Burst over death blow any day. However, if the raid boss is closing in on less than 2-3% health, I might smack him with a Deathblow as it has more instant damage, but less overall damage potential than Fiery.

    People on these forums know that I'm an advocating Warrior and I try my best to min-max my specs. I also try to put as much contructive feedback as I can. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion which leads to "trolling" and disagreements. The way I interperated your post was that you are justifying our PvE dps is fine because we have a few good PvP burst abilities.

    My view of DPS parses is the average output of damage over a lengthy amount of time, such as a boss encounter. Something that takes more than a few minute to kill. We can only test these parses through test dummies and raiding. Since raiding requires a competant group of individuals, that is out for a majority of testers. We also need to take into consideration the viability of specs for group oriented content since that is what this game revolves around.

    As it currently stands, dual wielding does more dps than a 2h warrior. The difference is noticed through each viable dps spec that is tested. I have yet to find an actual 2h dps spec for warriors that will parse higher than a dual wielder. I have also confirmed that the crit-based proc talents are better off being utilized with two daggers than any other weapon. Since DPS warriors have to rely on those crit-based proc talents for their power generation, it limits their choices. You can make a Paragon, champion, Riftblade dual wield spec and end up getting some nice dps, or you can make a 2h spec with the same souls and the dps and power generation will be lower. Eventually that loss of power generation hinders a players dps overall, especially after the 30 second -1min mark. This is the very reason warriors are fine in PvP due to burst damage. Sadly, PvE wise, we are becoming obsolete as a melee dps.

    Lastly, the warrior calling is the only soul that has two viable roles in any group content. That is tanking and DPS. Our support buffs are subpar compared to the other callings "support souls" variant. So, for example sake, I use our distant cousin in terms of class mechanics as the target example.

    Our tanking ability has been starting to fade out due to the Riftstalker's abilities giving them the overall edge in the tanking department. Now, the warrior dps is starting to be overshadowed as other callings are coming into line and parsing ahead of warriors. They are also finding ranged dps specs are higher dps, especially in raid encounters, compared to melee. This makes the warrior like a ten of spades compared to a rogue's jack of clubs.

  5. #125
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    Maybe thats the problem .. we see the Game in different views i think .. your looking into the Raiding part .. me myself is more looking into the pvp aspect .. there is a Tank still a nice dps role (group and solo pvp)

    For the Support role i have to agree .. there more choices in the other Callings then in the Warrior one.But it wil be hard to balance a Game that has both pvp and pve .. if you raise the dmg in pve Warrior will be walking walls and rip other classes apart.Like i posted in the other Thread, what you want to change ? More dmg from normal attacks ? Doesnt make that the Warrior superior in pvp ? It maybe helps on raiding but the Game doesnt only have high end Raiding.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    216
    No but thats what this thread has been about. PvE DPS. Most intelligent testers realize that its very difficult to come up with concrete quantitative data for PvP because there are just so many other factors to account for.

    Completely balanced PvP doesn't exist. It's impossible. You can always pursue it in hopes of making a more enjoyable game, but using it as your primary focus for balance is a huge mistake.

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenah View Post
    You still dodge/block on raidmobs - which opens up reactives - no?
    Nitpicking like this is one of the main reason people give feedback through ingame feedback tools instead of debating on forums.
    Everyone not agreeing is either "flat out lying" or "trolling my thread".
    I can only assume you are commenting on my post. I did not say you are lying or were a troll... I said that I won't simply believe you just because you claim something to be true after so many people have trolled and lied on these boards. You clearly stated that your warrior buddy parsed his dmg... that means he should have combat logs he can pass to you and/or post on these boards.

    It is a simple request and either you can provide the data or you can not. If you fail to do so, don't expect any of us to take you seriously since it is pretty obvious you have not tested a warrior yourself.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    T However, if the raid boss is closing in on less than 2-3% health, I might smack him with a Deathblow as it has more instant damage, but less overall damage potential than Fiery.
    Are you sure about this? I've gotten that my Fiery max tics are 378 while my death blow 1915. (Not specced into the debuff)

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    216
    DB takes a global. Add an AP builder to your FB damage.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    Are you sure about this? I've gotten that my Fiery max tics are 378 while my death blow 1915. (Not specced into the debuff)
    Overall, Fiery does more dps since it's not on GCD and you can include your normal rotation damage with it. Whereas, death blow is a single hit and is on GCD. You may see bigger numbers from the initial hit of Death Blow, but Fiery will do an average 850ish non-crit damage total over the 4 seconds.

    Let's say each tick crits for 378, you will get a total of 1512 damage + not losing your overall rotation. You will also generate attack points faster using Fiery Burst since the application is based on using another attack. Therefore, you'll get more efficiency out of using Fiery Burst over Death Blow.

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintt View Post
    DB takes a global. Add an AP builder to your FB damage.
    Counting tics, assuming all the tics won't crit (accord to the dot changes) and the fact it only receives limited increases in damage from sources compared to the multiple benefits deathblow gets and the fact it scales with your weapon damage, I'm not persuaded.

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    Counting tics, assuming all the tics won't crit (accord to the dot changes) and the fact it only receives limited increases in damage from sources compared to the multiple benefits deathblow gets and the fact it scales with your weapon damage, I'm not persuaded.
    1512 Damage on FB vs 1915 from Deathblow. Let's exclude the extra AP you gain from using fiery burst (which is certainly still significant), your next attack point builder only needs to do 403 damage to come out even with deathblow. AP builders scale with weapon damage too. I dunno how hard your AP builders hit, but for me, they are around 400 or higher enough for me to believe FB is superior.

    Also, what multiple benefits do you speak of? Are you talking about +physical damage effects? That's heavily spec dependent, and I don't see how its really a factor when you consider the fact we are already talking damage numbers here.

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintt View Post
    1512 Damage on FB vs 1915 from Deathblow. Let's exclude the extra AP you gain from using fiery burst (which is certainly still significant), your next attack point builder only needs to do 403 damage to come out even with deathblow. AP builders scale with weapon damage too. I dunno how hard your AP builders hit, but for me, they are around 400 or higher enough for me to believe FB is superior.

    Also, what multiple benefits do you speak of? Are you talking about +physical damage effects? That's heavily spec dependent, and I don't see how its really a factor when you consider the fact we are already talking damage numbers here.
    Again according to the patch notes you won't crit all tics to make that 1512, I'll get min damage of both for a more fair comparison.

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    Again according to the patch notes you won't crit all tics to make that 1512, I'll get min damage of both for a more fair comparison.
    Sorry I mistook when you said max hits being non crits, not really thinking that they would have to be crits for that to even make sense.

  15. #135
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7

    Thumbs up From Another Warrior Player to other build players.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SinSteel View Post
    Please enlighten me on what build you think does the most DPS for warrior excluding BM. Funny how everyone claims warriors can do 700+ DPS in their sleep yet once I parse hard data you come on here saying it is the build.

    All three are PURE DPS builds... They SHOULD do the most dmg... But you are the expert... please enlighten me.
    AGREED...try doing what we do and split the souls up with good DPS......even with the changes, trying to find the right one for you ......my lord, will cost you at a minimum of 5-10 plat just getting comfy as a warrior nowadays.... especially with the Warrior build going through extreme changes to fight the warriors fight....the way it was meant to be fought....plz .... don't get mad we get a better fix than the rest ....(btw if your part of the 90% of people who stick with warrior and rogue build plz do not try to say your weak now....you had 2 years of free rain on us warriors)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts