+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor armour

Inquisitor armour

Has anyone tested armour of treachery or armour of devotion to see if the 3% crit or 3% ability damage works on non-inquisitor stuff like melee attacks?

At one time these said life or death spells in the tooltips but not anymore, thinking of trying a 46sham/10sent/10inq build for 60%crit dmg but wondering if inq armours affect melee attacks?

they should, listed as increased damage abilities.

So i've been testing this build out, it appears that Armour of Treachery does work. Tested this using Crushing blow only, removing any Lust for Blood procs to ensure all damage is from base hits.

Normal practice dummy, 100 crushing blow hits. Crits were not counted and lust for blood procs knocked off as stated above;
    Without Armour of Treachery - 204 to 234 = 219 average hit
    With Armour of Treachery - 213 to 257 = 235 average hit

Now I fail at maths and school was a long time ago, is that 3% inc damage or close to it?

Secondly I tested the 60% crit dmg and healing(20 from Shaman, 20 from Sent and 20 from Inq)

Using zero buffs, not even self buffs.

My main build is 51Sham/10Sent/5Druid with only 40% additional crit dmg and these are the numbers;
    738ap - 73.8dps - 872 Massive Blow crit and 486 Crusing Blow crit
    Second build using 46Sham/10Sent/10Inq with 60% additional crit dmg and these are the numbers;
    704ap - 70.4dps - 824 Massive Blow crit and 447 Crushing Blow crit

Now obviously I have less AP because of no Druid, but also dropping 5pts from Shaman to get the Inquisitor 20% crit damage costs you 20% dmg and 5%ap contribution on Massive Blow, because of the Call of Ice passive. This explains why Massive Blow is higher in a maxed Shaman build, but it doesn't explain why Crushing Blow crits harder in a 40%crit build over a 60%crit build with only a 34AP difference.....

Overall I couldn't figure out if the 60% crit dmg is working, if its capped at 40% or if the difference in 34AP is skewing the numbers because I fail at percentage maths.
    However it seems this build is not worth it and Shaman/Sent/Druid remains the dominant dps build.

Let's not forget to mention that Armor of Awakening is terribad. =( 10% mana regen that doesn't scale up?

Quote Originally Posted by Khruxx View Post
    Secondly I tested the 60% crit dmg and healing(20 from Shaman, 20 from Sent and 20 from Inq)

Using zero buffs, not even self buffs.

My main build is 51Sham/10Sent/5Druid with only 40% additional crit dmg and these are the numbers;
    738ap - 73.8dps - 872 Massive Blow crit and 486 Crusing Blow crit
    Second build using 46Sham/10Sent/10Inq with 60% additional crit dmg and these are the numbers;
    704ap - 70.4dps - 824 Massive Blow crit and 447 Crushing Blow crit

Now obviously I have less AP because of no Druid, but also dropping 5pts from Shaman to get the Inquisitor 20% crit damage costs you 20% dmg and 5%ap contribution on Massive Blow, because of the Call of Ice passive. This explains why Massive Blow is higher in a maxed Shaman build, but it doesn't explain why Crushing Blow crits harder in a 40%crit build over a 60%crit build with only a 34AP difference.....

Overall I couldn't figure out if the 60% crit dmg is working, if its capped at 40% or if the difference in 34AP is skewing the numbers because I fail at percentage maths.
    However it seems this build is not worth it and Shaman/Sent/Druid remains the dominant dps build.

Prety sure it's capped at 20%, putting points in more than one of those is a waste of points.

Quote Originally Posted by dyhalto View Post
    Prety sure it's capped at 20%, putting points in more than one of those is a waste of points.
    No it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Khruxx View Post

Normal practice dummy, 100 crushing blow hits. Crits were not counted and lust for blood procs knocked off as stated above;
    Without Armour of Treachery - 204 to 234 = 219 average hit
    With Armour of Treachery - 213 to 257 = 235 average hit

Now I fail at maths and school was a long time ago, is that 3% inc damage or close to it?
    average hit damage is increased by 7,3%

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    No it's not.
    Ok itís working, but last time I tested that it wasnítÖ
    Guess itís back to the drawing table for me, need to redo builds..

5 points in sentinel, 5 points in shaman, 5 points in inquisitor (+0% to Crit hit dmg & heal):
    Light bolt dmg: non-crit 530; crit 797

10 points in sentinel, 5 points in shaman, 5 points in inquisitor (+20% to Crit hit dmg & heal):
    Light bolt dmg: non-crit 530; crit 903
    Healing Grace: non-crit 787 ; crit 1341

10 points in sentinel, 10 points in shaman, 5 points in inquisitor (+40% to Crit hit dmg & heal):
    Light bolt dmg: non-crit 530; crit 1009
    Healing Grace: non-crit 787 ; crit 1499

10 points in sentinel, 10 points in shaman, 10 points in inquisitor (+60% to Crit hit dmg & heal):
    Light bolt dmg: non-crit 530; crit 1116
    Healing Grace: non-crit 787 ; crit 1656

I tested this alot last night, because I got into a debate with some guy on beta forums about it. The crit bonus does indeed stack upto 60% bonus, which is 210%crit damage.

I don't think its worth it for pve builds, too gimmicky and reliant on very high crit rates to beat a harder hitting build. It may have some use in PvP though, the burst from 210% crits is huge although even with that much crit dmg bonus our hits still don't peak what other callings crit for with only 150-160% crit dmg lol.

Can I throw in a quick question?

Armor of Devotion says it adds 3% critical hit change with abilities... I don't see this reflected anywhere in the stats. Am i just missing something or is it not working?

yeah the thing is inquisitors have 3 armors but 2 are useless and you have to take em anyway.. thats not good ... i guess the Balance manager in this game play rogue...

+ Reply to Thread