+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stacking Snares

Stacking Snares

Are snares intended to stack allowing you to reduce someones movement by 100%?

For example if you have Vengeance of the Frozen Earth up and then cast Humility you can keep someone rooted all the time and it doesn't break on damage. All of the various Cleric snares stack in this way.

Just seems odd since most Roots that don't break on damage are short term and have a pretty decent cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post

For example if you have Vengeance of the Frozen Earth up and then cast Humility you can keep someone rooted all the time and it doesn't break on damage. All of the various Cleric snares stack in this way.

Just seems odd since most Roots that don't break on damage are short term and have a pretty decent cooldown.
    Hmm..never noticed the Inquisitor snare stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandra View Post
    Actually I'm sorry, I didn't test the Inquisitor and Cabalist one. Just the 4 available in Shaman, Druid and Justicar. Any 2 of those between 2 different souls stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post

well the warrior reduced healing seems to stack. I've had a couple of instances where I have had 100% reduced healing on myself.

*edit: but it does seem alil strong :P. Deminishing returns might be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandra View Post
    It never stacks, if it ever "does"... the countdown will restart.
    --bc
    HL3 CONFIRMED

no fix in last patch so the question, is this really intended?

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellkar View Post
    no fix in last patch so the question, is this really intended?
    Nope. Frozen Earth is the only problem child, though. All the other Cleric snares are already on the same stack group.

What about stacking healing debuffs? Are they intended?

Quote Originally Posted by RageHulkSmash View Post
    yea because I've had 100% reduced incoming healing quite a few time in the warfronts. (i heal my self and nothing happens, even had my chloro cast the full heal on my and didn't do anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by Severant View Post
    yea because I've had 100% reduced incoming healing quite a few time in the warfronts. (i heal my self and nothing happens, even had my chloro cast the full heal on my and didn't do anything.)
    I know it happens, I'm asking if it's intended. That's way too broken for pvp imo.

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RageHulkSmash View Post
    Nope. The Clerics and Mage ones won't currently stack, but the Rogue and Warrior ones will stack with anyone's. Note that the Infiltrator one is a little different, as that's a debuff to outgoing healing, not incoming healing. That should stack.

So Nightblade/Infiltrator can have Fel Blades and Anathema which reduce healing done and healing received, nice cleric killing build.... THATS REALLY COOL DESIGN GUYS THANKS. DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPP....

Warrior and Rogue on a target, stacking debuffs for -100% healing and the Rogue can also reduce the healers outgoing heals to -50% too. Balance is fun.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm talking about fell blades and lingering wounds. Both reduce healing received on that player by 50%.

I know fell blades and wolf's maul with master huntsman stacks, resulting in 80% reduced healing received. Wouldn't 100% reduced healing received be a bit drastic?

+ Reply to Thread