+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Really? Warrior following has been completely gutted for DPS now.

Well the champion nerfs are pretty overwhelming:

Frenzied strike lowered by about 30%
    Inescapable fury same thing
    70% less chance to crit inescapable fury
    Cornered beast only crits a few hits now instead of every tick when proper timing is used
    Slayer's bearing nerfed
    Power regen big hit
    Titan's strenght.......

That pretty much sums it up!

If that's not waht you call an overall nerf, I would not like to see what that looks like.

Even after they posted the patch notes, it still doesn't list half of the changes to the Warrior class. A simple note saying Dual Strike / Power Strike / etc etc etc have had their overall damage lowered would go a long way.

Companion's Rage is only showing 5 % in the buff window and 10 % still in the tooltip... bug?

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Xing View Post
    Even after they posted the patch notes, it still doesn't list half of the changes to the Warrior class. A simple note saying Dual Strike / Power Strike / etc etc etc have had their overall damage lowered would go a long way.

Companion's Rage is only showing 5 % in the buff window and 10 % still in the tooltip... bug?
    The base damage of Dual Strike, Power Strike etc wasn't changed.

The tooltip for Enraged Companion should read 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post

Still lists 10 % on the actual description and wasn't posted on the notes it was being changed. I'm sorry If I'm coming off as an ***. Just trying to understand the changes

The base dmg no, but the passive/active buffs which boosted that dmg took a hit which means all dmg abilities affected by those buffs now do reduced dmg.

For instance before DS with soldier's bearing did 14% added dmg... It not does 6% less.
    The same with the power regen abilities... After the initial burst warriors will have longer delays between ability use beyond the GCD which lowers overall DPS.

Taken separately these changes may not seem like much, but combined it has severely impacted the warrior ability to do burst and sustained dmg. Some builds more than others.

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Xing View Post
    Still lists 10 % on the actual description and wasn't posted on the notes it was being changed. I'm sorry If I'm coming off as an ***. Just trying to understand the changes
    You're not coming off as an *** asking questions because you're confused / think there's a bug is what these forums are for.

Roooogguuueee Powwwaahhhhhh..!!!

Apparently Alejo was still parsing 800DPS single target earlier, so I'll just assume that as usual, some specs were nerfed to the intended levels and there's still a few ones that parse like the old times. It's quite funny seeing warriors complain about "only" parsing 600-700DPS on single target though, as if everyone else is parsing higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith777 View Post
    Begone from here

Quote Originally Posted by Keith777 View Post
    *rubs hands together like Mr. Burns* Guess who's next muhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    Apparently Alejo was still parsing 800DPS single target earlier, so I'll just assume that as usual, some specs were nerfed to the intended levels and there's still a few ones that parse like the old times. It's quite funny seeing warriors complain about "only" parsing 600-700DPS on single target though, as if everyone else is parsing higher.
    Inorite.

:l

I got around 800 with my RB / BM Spec but thats not really the souls that got changed drastically

When the 20% damage increaser from FIery Burst is gone everyone's dps is dropping again for those of us spamming the move. http://ch1.goodtimes.trionworlds.com...ead.php?t=4355

The question becomes what will we really be when all the bugs are finally gone. Also elemental burst is broken as well. The soul window tooltip and the proc tooltipi are differnet, while doing to different things entirely.

I really don't consider anything with BM unless you do it without buffs (cept the % damage one so the pet has the extra special attacks) because in a raid group you will have all the BM buffs and better.

Really all I'll say is don't treat us like as sholes Sweet. Off the top of my head the changes that have nerfed dps:

Enhanced Burst : now elemental damage only

Pact Conversion: converts half of the pacts it did

Combat Precision: Now non ap consuming abilites only

Double Jeopardy: Follow up attacks only

Grim Satisfaction: 10 power from 15

Brutal Punishment 30% now

Intense Training: 8% from 14%

Proper Timing: Now only physical attacks

That's what 8 off the top of my head, I'm sure I probably missed some. Not sweeping? Who are you kidding.

Replenish, Soul Feast, Grisly Works, That Which Doesn't Kill Me, No Permission to Die, Spoils of the Hunt, Karmic Resolution, and Tip the Balance: No longer trigger Quality Care.

Pact Conversion now increases Pacts by 1-3 instead of 2-6.

This gutted all the synergy with Paladin for builds where you are actually trying to kill things eg PvP. I know we all agreed that the Replenish/Quality Care feedback loop needed to be fixed, but I don't really understand why this was necessary. I would rather have seen a timer on Quality Care than this. And some of those such as Karmic Resolution are already tied to timers via Retaliation.

Plus, its a double nerf due to Conversion being reduced by 50%.

I'm doign more dps than before post patch with 24 BM / 31 Rift / 11 Champ

Have enraged companion buff on pet but clicked off 5 percent dmg buff. Also fighting with soldier's bearing and planar blade on. Other than that no buffs.

Parsing for 915 dps or so. My rotation is -

Keep Fierce Strike on Target
    Keep Flesh Rip on Target
    Otherwise spam fallthrough macro Backhanded Blow > Frost Strike > Searing Strike
    Only finisher is fiery burst.

915 may be on the low side actually, ranges to up to 950 consistently.

Also, enraged companion bite still stacking past 5%~

I realize without patch notes it's very easy to feel like the sky is falling. There wasn’t some major sweeping nerf to warriors in this patch. Three main things you’re probably noticing are:
    1. DoTs now recalculate the crit chance every tick instead of using the first outcome
    2. Frost Strike and and Thunderstrike were bugged and double dipping to receive bonuses from both physical and non-physical buffs/debuffs
    3. Flamespear was doing twice the damage it should have

As a said before this isn’t a general nerf, we’ll continue to evaluate all aspects of the game and modify them as is appropriate.
    I think you missed the most important and critical nerfs; let me list them.

CHAMPION
    * Frenzied Strike, Inescapable Fury: Damage readjusted. (I'm still getting the numbers and these are important abilities)
    * Titan's Strike: Fixed a bug where the AOE from this ability was not doing proper damage.
    * Intense Training: Now increases Soldier's Bearing to 6-8% instead of 8-14%, and Slayer's Bearing to 18-25% instead of 20-30%.( this is obvious a 6% damage nerf right there)
    * Titan's Strength: Now increases Strength by 2-10% instead of 3-15%. (We lose a lot of AP from this)
    * Grim Satisfaction: Now regains 2 power per second for 1-5 seconds. (Core ability used to keep our power from going to 0, this hurts us quite a bit.
    * Proper Timing: Now only affects Physical attacks.
    AND
    PARAGON
    * Deadly Grace: Can now only occur once every 3 seconds.
    * Double Jeopardy: Can now only occur once every 3 seconds, triggers off of Dual Strike or Path of the Wind, and only increases critical hit chance for follow-up type attacks.
    * Serenity: Now regains 5-15 power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehmcee View Post
    Really all I'll say is don't treat us like as sholes Sweet. Off the top of my head the changes that have nerfed dps:

Enhanced Burst : now elemental damage only

Pact Conversion: converts half of the pacts it did

Combat Precision: Now non ap consuming abilites only

Double Jeopardy: Follow up attacks only

Grim Satisfaction: 10 power from 15

Brutal Punishment 30% now

Intense Training: 8% from 14%

Proper Timing: Now only physical attacks

That's what 8 off the top of my head, I'm sure I probably missed some. Not sweeping? Who are you kidding.
    Love to see a reply to this from Sweet, bumped. These are huge nerfs. This doesn't even add in the nerfs to our inescapable fury and frenzied strikes, both got 30% knocked off the top.

I'd say this was a MAJOR sweep of the warrior class.

While I'm always one to complain in order to keep warriors as a viable class, I think you guys need to test a bit more spazing like this. It's fairly obvious they are doing everything they can to mix up the paragon dps rotation, thats for sure. Other then pretty much requiring a decent chunk of points spent in riftblade, the class still seems fine PvE wise.

PvP may be another story. Haven't had the chance to test that yet, but based on reading the changes, its probably going to hurt.

+ Reply to Thread