+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Really? Warrior following has been completely gutted for DPS now.

Really? Warrior following has been completely gutted for DPS now.

Title says it all...

Almost all dmg buffs were nerfed.
    All ranged abilities were nerfed.
    Empower removed.
    Energy generating abilities all nerfed.
    nothing added to survivability to compensate.

Warrior DPS nerfed estimated 30% with this patch.

GG Trion. So much for taking measured steps for game balance. You have now broken warlord, neutered Champ, Para, RB... VK took a hit...

Rogues now rule the world. They already compose 80% of WFs in beta... Warriors time to roll rogue... They DPS better, Tank Better, support better, and heal better... Not much point to playing a warrior.

*Edit* - Pact conversion now gives 1 pact per AP... but oddly enough they BOOSTED discharge dmg... WTF?

30 RB / 26 BM / 10 Champ
    Before the patch single target Boss Dummy was getting on average around 825 and AE on the 3 dungeon ones was around 1400.
    After the patch single target is around 730 and AE is sitting at around 1000.

31 Champ / 31 Paragon / 5 RB
    Single target before patch was around 730, now its around 470

Pretty sad

Yup... I love the flack I am getting from people too...

I have been parsing just like you... This has been a HUGE nerf to warriors. Our DPS is pretty on par with clerics now while Rogues have at least stayed the same.... Beta WFs are already 80% rogues... I expect it to get worse come live.

Quote Originally Posted by SinSteel View Post
    Yup... I love the flack I am getting from people too...

I have been parsing just like you... This has been a HUGE nerf to warriors. Our DPS is pretty on par with clerics now while Rogues have at least stayed the same.... Beta WFs are already 80% rogues... I expect it to get worse come live.
    You are one of a small handful of posters I have seen on these forums that always has parses/screen shots on hand to prove your points. Numbers don't lie.

It's a shame the developers are so quick to cater to the nerf whiners instead of listening to the people that taken the time to dig deep into the numbers.

Maybe they should give more tanking stuff like warhammer did with their tanks instead of making the Pseudo-dps classes.

more AOE stuns, roots, snares, knockbacks.

So does this big change to dps numbers for both mages and warriors, essentially throw all the balancing & testing of dungeons/raids/encounters etc out the window? There are a couple mechanics i can think of which required some focused dpsing to succeed.

Rift Team
    I realize without patch notes it's very easy to feel like the sky is falling. There wasn’t some major sweeping nerf to warriors in this patch. Three main things you’re probably noticing are:
    1. DoTs now recalculate the crit chance every tick instead of using the first outcome
    2. Frost Strike and and Thunderstrike were bugged and double dipping to receive bonuses from both physical and non-physical buffs/debuffs
    3. Flamespear was doing twice the damage it should have

As a said before this isn’t a general nerf, we’ll continue to evaluate all aspects of the game and modify them as is appropriate.

Does the DoT change affect all DoTs?

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by hydd View Post
    Does the DoT change affect all DoTs?
    Yes all overtime effects including all HoTs and DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    I realize without patch notes it's very easy to feel like the sky is falling. There wasn’t some major sweeping nerf to warriors in this patch. Three main things you’re probably noticing are:
    1. DoTs now recalculate the crit chance every tick instead of using the first outcome
    2. Frost Strike and and Thunderstrike were bugged and double dipping to receive bonuses from both physical and non-physical buffs/debuffs

As a said before this isn’t a general nerf, we’ll continue to evaluate all aspects of the game and modify them as is appropriate.
    This would have minimal impact on 31 para 31 champ 4 rift spec. Does not explain the dramatic reduction in Xing's numbers.

Yes all overtime effects including all HoTs and DoTs.
    I love you Sweet. I've been waiting for this change for a very, very long time.

Now I won't get stressed out when my dot finisher doesn't crit.

Mages were nerfed so hard that the greatest fanboi's are nwo talking canceling pre-order. How about addressing that.

I realize without patch notes it's very easy to feel like the sky is falling. There wasn’t some major sweeping nerf to warriors in this patch.
    Is that joke? You lowered pretty much every attack ability by a good 20 %... How is that not a huge sweeping nerf? I appreciate your attempt to alleviate some panic that is going on in the Warrior community but your post does anything but fuel the flames because its pretty nonfactual.

Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Xing View Post
    Is that joke? You lowered pretty much every attack ability by a good 20 %... How is that not a huge sweeping nerf? I appreciate your attempt to alleviate some panic that is going on in the Warrior community but your post does anything but fuel the flames because its pretty nonfactual.
    Can you give an example (i.e. ability name/rank) where you feel the damage of that ability was reduced?

Despite me or anyone agreeing with you in regards to the amount of nerfage - I want to say that you responding in a forum after that patch was very reassuring.

Seeing a purple name in a normal thread made by a normal player makes me feel good.

While from what I see there may be some more things ( someone mentioned how it decreased a LOT of DPS even with a champ/para build. ) I do appreciate it

Can you give an example (i.e. ability name/rank) where you feel the damage of that ability was reduced?
    Soldier's Bearing - Down almost 1/2.
    Flamespear - Not only was the initial dmg reduced by 20 - 30%, but the dot was removed as well... Far more than 50% when you consider both.
    Energy regen abilities (except planar balde) reduced from 30/15 energy to 10 energy.
    Pact Conversion - Reduced pacts give by 50%.
    Inescapable fury crit ability - Now 50% instead 100%.

I can keep going if you need. The overall affect is about a 30% decrease in dmg from combat log parsing.

Ironically Discharge which was doing too much dmg hits even harder now.

This is all at level 50 with max rank.

It just so happens that I was doing baseline testing with several warrior builds last night. Here are the numbers with only 4 points in Rift fury to get Flame spear

Last Night

Average Hit - 31 + 7*5 = 66

Today

Average hit 26

That appears to be a 39% reduction. The 39% reduction seems to scale with the build as I put more points in to reach the same build I had last night.

One other item of interest is that I leveled after the tests last night and I "think" I got another rank to flamespear so the 26 'may" be with a higher rank of the spell so its even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Kezic View Post
    It just so happens that I was doing baseline testing with several warrior builds last night. Here are the numbers with only 4 points in Rift fury to get Flame spear

Last Night

Average Hit - 31 + 7*5 = 66

Today

Average hit 26

That appears to be a 39% reduction. The 39% reduction seems to scale with the build as I put more points in to reach the same build I had last night.

One other item of interest is that I leveled after the tests last night and I "think" I got another rank to flamespear so the 26 'may" be with a higher rank of the spell so its even worse
    Flamespear was doing twice the damage it should have
    read please

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    read please
    Read please, thanks

And if it was doing "twice the damage it should have" then the change is still not correct as it was lowered only 39%. I don't care what your feelings are on the subject. People have been posting and ranting about the changes using all sorts of numbers. I simply provided the numbers without any information one way or another. But thanks for your input, it was very constructive and helpful

I'll be honest, since abilities like Thunder strike and Frost strike were broken to begin with that is not a nerf. Fiery Burst is also broken currently as it is giving us 20% damage pretty much all the time. That also has to go before we can get a look at real warrior dps.

+ Reply to Thread