+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Really? Warrior following has been completely gutted for DPS now.

Even PLD/Rift/X?

PLD/Rift doesn't seem beatable by a rogue to me.

Or you can go PLD/VK/light rift and get rift shield if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Severant View Post
    I doubt it, warrior do need a counter believe it or not. If its mages then so be it lol. Why would you expect him to be able to do this in all situations... wouldn't that be OP??
    Yes extremely which is why I want to know if this is a one off pic or if this build can do it consistently.

He was in a losing WF and more than doubled the next highest DPS while dying quite a bit... Either there is a gimmick behind it like QC VK and RV AOE DoTs... or this build is extremely OP.

Either way I want it out in the open. I don't want it nerfed it there is nothing wrong... and I do want it nerfed if he can more than double the DPS of equal leveled warriors/mages/rogues.

Contrary to what you believe I want balance for all classes. I am not complaining about warriors to have EZ mode or stroke my epeen. I see some significant flaws that have not been addressed for a long time and in fact have been made worse.

Combat logs in this case would go a long way to understanding what Tzig is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintt View Post
    Even PLD/Rift/X?

PLD/Rift doesn't seem beatable by a rogue to me.

Or you can go PLD/VK/light rift and get rift shield if necessary?
    Yes, he beats me with pally/rb even vk builds with rift shield. Its very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Actually lunaluna can beat any warrior spec as well almost 100% of the time, unless he messes up or is unlucky. He plays a rogue, also I can't counter his rogue on my cleric or mage. So, I'd say rogue is definitely the best if played well, no one will beat them.
    Yes lets take 1 persons skill and nerf everyone else that plays the class!

Yes, he beats me with pally/rb even vk builds with rift shield. Its very frustrating.
    So because he beats you he is unbeatable to any warrior? Love the logic there lol.

So because he beats you he is unbeatable to any warrior? Love the logic there lol.
    I think Tzigone operates under the assumption he is as good/better than anyone else in Alpha. Probably not that far from the truth, but I dominate him for sure

PLD with balance of power if very beatable by a rogue as long as they can get out of the blocking arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintt View Post
    I think Tzigone operates under the assumption he is as good/better than anyone else in Alpha. Probably not that far from the truth, but I dominate him for sure
    I always love a challenge, if you want to duel let me know. Anything to improve my game. And personally, I think I'm a not a good player so there isn't any sort of ego stroke here.

I play a warrior.
    I don't have a problem with balancing cause they can always be adjusted. Stick to your class cause of it playstyle, things will change. The amount of people rolling rogues is disturbing.
    I have contemplated rerolling, but i wouldnt roll rogue as there is just to many.

Fingers crossed for the warrior population, our numbers were already low

Sinsteel is right though, the warrior damage was a little exaggerated from the melee damage. It also lives a lot more, I died 10 times from being focused (you can see my damage taken is like double everyone elses) but I still did nice damage as a mage. I still prefer mage since it has a lot more cc and utility in the end, whereas warriors do not. poly > stuns. 18 killing blows ain't half bad either.

You have some mad healing going on with your mage too. =)

Now that I understand how specific stats affect DPS I don't view warriors as broken, but I do think the recent changes as pigeonholed us into specific types of gear if we want to compete going forward.Unfortunately, I do not see that changing any time soon as it would require a completely rebalance for just about everything in the game.

Daggers + high crit leather/plate mix will be the way to go at release for DPS warriors. It is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by SinSteel View Post
    You have some mad healing going on with your mage too. =)

Now that I understand how specific stats affect DPS I don't view warriors as broken, but I do think the recent changes as pigeonholed us into specific types of gear if we want to compete going forward.Unfortunately, I do not see that changing any time soon as it would require a completely rebalance for just about everything in the game.

Daggers + high crit leather/plate mix will be the way to go at release for DPS warriors. It is a shame.
    Warriors are in dire need of better power regeneration. I think that is truly what pigeonholes the class into a few viable dps specs. Though, I've learned through playing a mage that the same goes for other classes. I mean, mages only have 2 specs(that I'm aware of) that can parse from 700-800 dps.

Warriors are in dire need of better power regeneration. I think that is truly what pigeonholes the class into a few viable dps specs. Though, I've learned through playing a mage that the same goes for other classes. I mean, mages only have 2 specs(that I'm aware of) that can parse from 700-800 dps.
    The champion nerf to Grim Satisfaction really cut the legs out from under many DPS builds. Even high crit builds find it useless as it caps at 2 energy. Now if they allowed it to stack up to 3 times I think that would go a long way to fixing the energy issue.

Unfortunately I'll have to revamp my statement about lunaluna. The pally/rb does in fact beat rogue consistently. I think we just had a fluke. We tested this a lot more today. Sorry about that guys.

However, this is largely due to a bug where blackout doesn't stop my balance of power from hitting him while hes attacking.

I don't think blackout not working against bop makes that big of difference. You still heal everytime you block which is a steep-hill battle to overcome for any rogue.

And blackout lasts 6sec

Playing stupid are we;

Well lets see, Vk is alot different that Paladin, which is agian alot different than warlord. Seems like we have a good bit of taunt skill that can be utilized with different defensive enhancements. If you want specifics i wouldn't ask me for in depth details on your class lol, I sure as hell wouldn't ask you to build me a effective healing spec LOL.

So your tryin to say a bow and or bard range attack is equally as effective and a skill that physically pulls a ranged creep to you. There have been many times where a rogue was tanking and he couldn't LOS the ranged creep and a pat agro'd on the group because of it, and I have, on the flip side, seen the warrior pull the creep out of the pats agro range and saved the group from having to have unintended agro. Even with the LOS the tank still has to stop building agro to run behind a rock and hope the ranged mob stay agro'd on him.

Yes I'm sure your only hypothetically talking about blatenly breaking the agreements that every player that plays these games (besides EVE players with the character trading) has to agree too. I seems to me that if your only playing this game to sell your character for a profit that is shouldn't matter what you think lol. Maybe you should play the game to enjoy it and not focus on making money.

edit: oh and there are alot of resist skills that are in the game the help out with what you call a "horrible resist system," and they still did excellent DPS vs PVE mobs so it dosn't matter at all from the PVE perspective of the game what players wear.
    I'm not playing stupid I'm actually curious as to why you thought warriors have more flavor so to speak. You said warriors have many many options but I'm not really seeing it.

What concerns me here is the thought that most players wouldn't spec one soul for tanking if they could. Most people will take the path of least resistance even I would. If paladin was the best soul and could handle all situations I would most certainly spec paladin rather than spec willy nilly into three different souls. It just seems like you're spending time in three souls to equal one and in the end they both do the same. How is this variety?

I think if all the tank souls could stand on their own your reasoning would hold more merit. Hopefully Trion sees what envision and makes it happen to some extent as it would be much more enjoyable.

Ranged attacks via bow or cadence for example were just an example. I'm not saying they are better or worse. I certainly wasn't saying certain abiltiies such as the pull ability were utterly worthless. It's useful even if the soul it's in isn't so much anymore. I was merely pointing out that the ability isn't a trump card or somethig that makes warriors better than a riftstalker or even justicar. The fact that you can actually as a riftstalker just use incap on said ranged mob instead prior to pulling a pack seems just as effective in controlled pve circumstances. That would alleviate your patrol aggro problem at least for the 45s until you get around to it.

My whole point about account selling/trading is drawing a parallel to how much utility or worth an actual calling is. Let's face it even if it's against the eula or tos agreements it will happen. My general points about callings still stand. If warriors can only tank or dps and I can be just as effective or better with other callings why would many players choose an option that limits them? I mean I play for entertainment as I'm sure most people do in some form or another. Playing with friends and even e-friends in guilds I want to maximize my time spent with said friends so why would I hinder that possibly?

Concerning resists in general I have to disagree. You specifically mention uber vk dps especially in pvp and this is partly because the resist system isn't effective in it's current form. Yes we can get some buffs to resistances many classes can but again like I said 1-50 it's a rare thing to find resist focused gear. Void knights put out consistent numbers due to pact generation so they could literally spam discharge which wasn't that awesome by itself but with certain buffs they could get some really obscene numbers.

I fail to see why resists don't matter in pve on tank souls. The whole point of your variety in the calling would crumble as you would just have physical talents and we wouldn't be here discussing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahsin View Post
    I'm not playing stupid I'm actually curious as to why you thought warriors have more flavor so to speak. You said warriors have many many options but I'm not really seeing it.

What concerns me here is the thought that most players wouldn't spec one soul for tanking if they could. Most people will take the path of least resistance even I would. If paladin was the best soul and could handle all situations I would most certainly spec paladin rather than spec willy nilly into three different souls. It just seems like you're spending time in three souls to equal one and in the end they both do the same. How is this variety?

I think if all the tank souls could stand on their own your reasoning would hold more merit. Hopefully Trion sees what envision and makes it happen to some extent as it would be much more enjoyable.

Ranged attacks via bow or cadence for example were just an example. I'm not saying they are better or worse. I certainly wasn't saying certain abiltiies such as the pull ability were utterly worthless. It's useful even if the soul it's in isn't so much anymore. I was merely pointing out that the ability isn't a trump card or somethig that makes warriors better than a riftstalker or even justicar. The fact that you can actually as a riftstalker just use incap on said ranged mob instead prior to pulling a pack seems just as effective in controlled pve circumstances. That would alleviate your patrol aggro problem at least for the 45s until you get around to it.

My whole point about account selling/trading is drawing a parallel to how much utility or worth an actual calling is. Let's face it even if it's against the eula or tos agreements it will happen. My general points about callings still stand. If warriors can only tank or dps and I can be just as effective or better with other callings why would many players choose an option that limits them? I mean I play for entertainment as I'm sure most people do in some form or another. Playing with friends and even e-friends in guilds I want to maximize my time spent with said friends so why would I hinder that possibly?

Concerning resists in general I have to disagree. You specifically mention uber vk dps especially in pvp and this is partly because the resist system isn't effective in it's current form. Yes we can get some buffs to resistances many classes can but again like I said 1-50 it's a rare thing to find resist focused gear. Void knights put out consistent numbers due to pact generation so they could literally spam discharge which wasn't that awesome by itself but with certain buffs they could get some really obscene numbers.

I fail to see why resists don't matter in pve on tank souls. The whole point of your variety in the calling would crumble as you would just have physical talents and we wouldn't be here discussing this.
    The souls do stand on thier own, you just won't be working optimally if you go all into one. They will not make 1 souls the best making it pointless in cross souling. The reason they will not do it is it totally ruins the fun in multiple souls, this is why its fun to build your own and coming up with better setups than someone else... this dosn't happen if everyone goes all in this one uber tank soul.

The warrios get more diversity in that they can conform to tanking play style more than rogue, rogue there is pretty much 1 way you can tank. With the changes to VK he won't be so uber but he should still put out decent damage. When i was talking about hit "uber damage" in pvp, i was talking about pre VK fix.

When i was talking about the resist system in pvp i was trying to show you that the creeps arn't gear dependant on resists, for that fact resist is more of a SKILL thing all round than any gear items. There are several souls (through all the callings) that get self/group/raid resists buffs and i'm pretty sure that is where Trion wants us to get our resists.

Angry what happend to rift assault

the idea of RB having a decent attack even if it was just one that teleports every second dealing 7553-8348 Air damage over 6 seconds or until all enemies are all vanquished granting attack point every 2 second sounded pretty cool....2 different classes that were to be pretty awesome for a warrior only to have it disappear the next time i play (patched out.) WTH......now all we have is tempest to rely on .....and the worst part is hardly anything you do can stop an attacker from getting too close without a decent defensive tactic that is worth defending yourself with.....bring back the AE damage attack that once was....let the mages and rogues understand...that the warrior IS worth play with .....other than the Tempest soul......by the way VK still needs work...its really not as usable as it once was....gotta find a new way to use it now or just trash the soul in general

+ Reply to Thread