+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Payback

Payback

I think all the warriors should start going in the rogue chats and start whining about a skill. Let's coordinate and pick one so it gets nerfed. If we cry enough maybe they will be content to stay in their own forums and defend their skills instead of bashing any and everyone we get that comes close. Just thinking that if we overwhelm them with complaints they won't have time to come ***** about us.

Quote Originally Posted by carlb1818 View Post
    I think all the warriors should start going in the rogue chats and start whining about a skill. Let's coordinate and pick one so it gets nerfed. If we cry enough maybe they will be content to stay in their own forums and defend their skills instead of bashing any and everyone we get that comes close. Just thinking that if we overwhelm them with complaints they won't have time to come ***** about us.
    I don't usually reply to trolls, but in this case I must agree with you, and was wondering if you could possible jump on the rogue forums and whine about the assassin ability "enduring brew"? As I would like to see this replaced, as it's too OP. For all the good it does they might as well rename "enduring brew" to "golden shower"

Absolutely not.

The best thing we can do is counter every cry for nerf with parses and factual evidence. That is what we as beta testers are suppose to do.

There is no question that some things for warriors could be toned down... The same goes for rogues as well. I would rather it be done constructively rather than getting into a full blown community war. If the warrior community shows Trion we are actively trying to make the game better and above all unbiased, it will go a long way. Let the rogue community ruin their credibility with "crying wolf" posts... Soon enough Trion will catch on and they will stop listening to them.

If warriors get tanked, then obviously Trion is not who we thought they were and there are a ton of other games out there to put our money to.

You mean like the last time all the warriors started whining about the rogue tanks and got them wrecked?

Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by lice View Post
    I don't usually reply to trolls, but in this case I must agree with you, and was wondering if you could possible jump on the rogue forums and whine about the assassin ability "enduring brew"? As I would like to see this replaced, as it's too OP. For all the good it does they might as well rename "enduring brew" to "golden shower"
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by SinSteel View Post
    If warriors get tanked...
    Best pun ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SinSteel View Post
    The best thing we can do is counter every cry for nerf with parses and factual evidence. That is what we as beta testers are suppose to do.
    Made this entire thread worth not deleting. He is 100% right.
    Defiant
    Caprica (warrior)

I'm pretty sure me, Raive and few others whined a lot about Riftstalkers

Seriously speking, at least as far as PvP comes, Rogues are generally weaker than warriors and once Markman's Strafe get nerfed (hey, there's good ability to whine about! Oh well, it don't ignore armor and is mostly only used ag. casters so...) they certanly don't need any nerfs pvp/dps wise. And this from person who actually plays actively both warrior and rogue on lv50 warfronts.

Couple of things:

A Paladin/somethign has way more armor than a riftstalker/bladedancer/bard
    Warrior DPS is actually quite good, and the 'attack' mechanic is superior for killing trash than the combo point mechanic.
    I think honestly that Warriors are good, they're just not the only viable option for MT OT or Melee DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    I'm pretty sure me, Raive and few others whined a lot about Riftstalkers

Seriously speking, at least as far as PvP comes, Rogues are generally weaker than warriors and once Markman's Strafe get nerfed (hey, there's good ability to whine about! Oh well, it don't ignore armor and is mostly only used ag. casters so...) they certanly don't need any nerfs pvp/dps wise. And this from person who actually plays actively both warrior and rogue on lv50 warfronts.
    What I find funny, is that warriors are constantly using mm/sab ( the ranged rogues) to justify thier high dmg/ezmode play (ranged or meele), and mm/sab are using warrior dps to justify thier ezmode pvp status atm... rogue or warrior ranged dps should both be lower than glass cannon mages, period (and glass cannon meele rogues should have highest physical dps :P). Having warrior dps at the top of everything for dps, while being able to mix in tanking souls.... smart balance.

I honestly think a lot of people have lost sight of why we are here. We are not here to play the game, this is alpha, we are here to test the game, find bugs, and make suggestion to improve the game to make it enjoyable for us and others to play in the future. We all should be better than the average forum troll on live. With that said.

The he said she said, stuff should be ignored. The I got owned by this or that is irrelevant with out the data to back it up. First off the construction of the posting should be to the effect of I noticed I was receiving a lot of damage from named ability while I was doing this. Examine the possibilities of why. Is something wrong with the way I mitigate damage. Lets test that. Is there a buff or a debuff involved. Try to recreate the scenario with tools at hand and to the best of ones ability give reason with data to conclusion.

A better way to go about improving the game is not crying for nurfs or retaliate the same to some other class. It is a matter of perspective. Look at it from another approach if you will. Hey this ability is hitting immensely hard, why is that. Go through the process of elimination starting with your own toon. Every thing is in check ability just seems to have massive damage. Is there a develpment reason behind this? Hey dev I noticed this, I checked this, I have checked the souls build I notice it lacks significant damage elsewhere in the build of the soul. Might be good to re-balance across this, or comparatively increase this on that.

Collectively as alpha testers, we are the ones who should not have knee jerk reactions, we are the ones that should be examining the reasons why, and suggest improvements. Not attempting to fly off the cuff as soon as we see something.

If you do not personally play a particular soul, ask some one who does. Have them explain it to you. Before assumption is made.

Just as important we should not retaliate when some ones perception of something is grossly misunderstood. It is better if data is provided to show the other where they may have been in wrong while making an assumption or their data may have been interpreted incorrectly.

Helping one another understand "politely" the subtle nuances and intricacies of our respective souls and how they apply to game play may actually help make this game better.

Ignorance is not bliss, Arrogance is not welcomed!

/suggest this thread be locked or removed. As it grossly demonstrates unprofessional gamesmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaices View Post
    I honestly think a lot of people have lost sight of why we are here. We are not here to play the game, this is alpha, we are here to test the game, find bugs, and make suggestion to improve the game to make it enjoyable for us and others to play in the future. We all should be better than the average forum troll on live. With that said.

The he said she said, stuff should be ignored. The I got owned by this or that is irrelevant with out the data to back it up. First off the construction of the posting should be to the effect of I noticed I was receiving a lot of damage from named ability while I was doing this. Examine the possibilities of why. Is something wrong with the way I mitigate damage. Lets test that. Is there a buff or a debuff involved. Try to recreate the scenario with tools at hand and to the best of ones ability give reason with data to conclusion.

A better way to go about improving the game is not crying for nurfs or retaliate the same to some other class. It is a matter of perspective. Look at it from another approach if you will. Hey this ability is hitting immensely hard, why is that. Go through the process of elimination starting with your own toon. Every thing is in check ability just seems to have massive damage. Is there a develpment reason behind this? Hey dev I noticed this, I checked this, I have checked the souls build I notice it lacks significant damage elsewhere in the build of the soul. Might be good to re-balance across this, or comparatively increase this on that.

Collectively as alpha testers, we are the ones who should not have knee jerk reactions, we are the ones that should be examining the reasons why, and suggest improvements. Not attempting to fly off the cuff as soon as we see something.

If you do not personally play a particular soul, ask some one who does. Have them explain it to you. Before assumption is made.

Just as important we should not retaliate when some ones perception of something is grossly misunderstood. It is better if data is provided to show the other where they may have been in wrong while making an assumption or their data may have been interpreted incorrectly.

Helping one another understand "politely" the subtle nuances and intricacies of our respective souls and how they apply to game play may actually help make this game better.

Ignorance is not bliss, Arrogance is not welcomed!

/suggest this thread be locked or removed. As it grossly demonstrates unprofessional gamesmanship.

I wish I could make this a signature... but it's a bit too long

I play a rogue NB and a RS to tank with and I don't agree at all with nerfs etc to classes especially coming from a PvP standpoint where someones e peen was hurt it is neither productive or conducive to our role as alpha testers. IMHO nerfs should never come from PvP but more so from PvE where classes should all be in line with eachother DPS, tanking and healing wise. If one role is consistently doing 200-300 more dps then other dpsers then yes maybe it should be looked at as to the why, but just because some warrior or rogue ate your lunch in the Warfronts is not a reason to nerf, there are way too many variables, buffs grouping, level difference etc. Just my 2 cents I hate seeing classes getting nerfed due to whinning. Keep your heads up warriors I am sure it will all work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadblade View Post
    I play a rogue NB and a RS to tank with and I don't agree at all with nerfs etc to classes especially coming from a PvP standpoint where someones e peen was hurt it is neither productive or conducive to our role as alpha testers. IMHO nerfs should never come from PvP but more so from PvE where classes should all be in line with eachother DPS, tanking and healing wise. If one role is consistently doing 200-300 more dps then other dpsers then yes maybe it should be looked at as to the why, but just because some warrior or rogue ate your lunch in the Warfronts is not a reason to nerf, there are way too many variables, buffs grouping, level difference etc. Just my 2 cents I hate seeing classes getting nerfed due to whinning. Keep your heads up warriors I am sure it will all work out.
    Yeah - I'd like to think devs are equipped with high-tech goggles that let's them weed out the whiners from the good truthful people that back up their claims with numbers and facts - these last few patches have shown we haven't gotten that far as a species yet...

Trying to stay hopeful!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaices View Post
    /suggest this thread be locked or removed. As it grossly demonstrates unprofessional gamesmanship
    You had me till the end. Dont remove stuff that starts off in this fashion. Anyone reading this thread would read posts like yours and others and might learn a bit.

That being said the testing is not easy in the game and they could have done a lot better. A few simple ideas (that I did submit) make soul resets and skill upgrades free (I could not test several things at several levels since I could not afford to upgrade skills in new souls) Put in better testing dummy's. hard to test dps when you cant hit the level 50 dummy

The feedback from the dev team has been a bit disappointing to me. No matter if its true or not the impression is that who ever complains or whines the loudest gets listened to. I cant think of a single item that has been a huge issue and whined about that has not been nerfed (and often way overboard)

My starting of this thread was in frustration and sarcasm. I am however, fed up with the constant complaining and what I feel are antagonistic posts by (yes, I will say it, Rogues) on the warrior threads. I agree completely that the game to date is for testing. Not whining. I love your post and couldn't agree more. I apologize for the misrepresentation I gave. Pardon my frustration with the complaints. I have submitted tons of feedback and bugs. Mostly stuff I had issues with, not many good ones, to be honest. Never once did I complain about a class that beat me. I evaluated why as best as possible, and if all else failed just assumed that person was perhaps better than me. I don't like that, but I am ok with admitting it. I only wish it really worked that way. It certainly appears that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You all take it from there, I am done with the feedback, as I am busy until game release. I am very unhappy with the nerfs they gave to warriors, and most likely will play my mage instead at this point. I will try a warrior as an alt later on, but it will not be my main as the classes that I liked have all been changed much to my dismay. Good luck to all of you in your selections.

+ Reply to Thread