+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: WTB Bug Reports

  1. #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    178

    WTB Bug Reports

    Any more outstanding bugs you guys have been noticing and still haven't seen fixed? I don't mind if you've posted it a few million times already. If it's still not fixed, please bring it up here again.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Any more outstanding bugs you guys have been noticing and still haven't seen fixed? I don't mind if you've posted it a few million times already. If it's still not fixed, please bring it up here again.
    Only one I can think of right now if I take my Druid soul off and put on any other to go with just/sham. I lose the faith in action buff. I can reproduce it over and over. But dont know what caused it. I have heard others who remove just and keep shaman/druid they lose their buff too.

    So I have no clue what it is.


    Also my Vengence or winter storm keeps getting dispelled off fight multiple types of mobs casters melee and or beast. I didnt test this much more but I have it narrowed down to losing it within 20 minutes of buffing it.

    I think valor needs to be balanced also. 30% of spell power isnt a big enough chance to block which doesnt even avoid damage. When you can use a 2 handed weapon with 195% spell power going into parry which means you dont get hit at all. The bonus spell power you get from 2handed way out does having to use one handed and shield for block.

  3. #3
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by mageofsilence View Post
    Only one I can think of right now if I take my Druid soul off and put on any other to go with just/sham. I lose the faith in action buff. I can reproduce it over and over. But dont know what caused it. I have heard others who remove just and keep shaman/druid they lose their buff too.

    So I have no clue what it is.
    Faith in Action bug will be fixed next push, you can fix it yourself by just switching roles back and forth.

    Quote Originally Posted by mageofsilence View Post
    Also my Vengence or winter storm keeps getting dispelled off fight multiple types of mobs casters melee and or beast. I didnt test this much more but I have it narrowed down to losing it within 20 minutes of buffing it.
    Is this perhaps from the Ageless Ice bug? That will currently remove your Vengeance.

    Quote Originally Posted by mageofsilence View Post
    I think valor needs to be balanced also. 30% of spell power isnt a big enough chance to block which doesnt even avoid damage. When you can use a 2 handed weapon with 195% spell power going into parry which means you dont get hit at all. The bonus spell power you get from 2handed way out does having to use one handed and shield for block.
    Balance concerns, while totally valid and welcome in other threads, are not bugs.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16
    Just stuff I've already feedbacked for Justicar - Retribution not applying on new party members, The AoE Attack (Even Justice?) + targets talent not working (Can't look up names, at work). I haven't had a chance to try beta 7 yet so my apologies if those might be fixed there already.

  5. #5
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Armanant View Post
    Just stuff I've already feedbacked for Justicar - Retribution not applying on new party members
    We're still investigating why this is happening. Hopefully we'll get a fix in for it soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Armanant View Post
    The AoE Attack (Even Justice?) + targets talent not working (Can't look up names, at work).
    Vengeful Justice will be fixed in the next push.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    Gonna post this here since it was posted on the general, what's the official word on the Satyr aura, is it supposed to be applied before Faith in Action buff? Like it adds a ridiculously low amount of AP to the druid himself. Not that it's weak since it's an aura, just wondering if that's how it's supposed to work.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120
    I am still wondering about stronger buffs overwriting weaker ones and generally no buff checks before applying them. (Including scrolls)

  8. #8
    edit: Sorry didn't see it was only about clerics
    http://ch1.goodtimes.trionworlds.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1703&dateline=1292780  375
    Xenor - Bahmi / Nightblade

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    Erm, this is the cleric forum, I'm pretty sure this thread is for cleric bugs, not butchering or achievements ^^.

    Anyway found one while I was playing around with Justicar, I guess it can be considered a bug(or it's just bad design), but if you use Just Defense from Justicar(absorbs a large amount of dmg), then use another absorb like the Shaman Glacial Shield(haven't tested but assume the Purifier Shield of the Ancestors does it too), the Shaman one goes on cooldown without you getting the buff. You have to wait for Just Defense to be off to cast another absorb on yourself.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    Gonna post this here since it was posted on the general, what's the official word on the Satyr aura, is it supposed to be applied before Faith in Action buff? Like it adds a ridiculously low amount of AP to the druid himself. Not that it's weak since it's an aura, just wondering if that's how it's supposed to work.
    This one was my only submission for now, the aura hasn't recognised our ap from the old conversion buffs either so it's not just a faith in action bug.

  11. #11
    Surging Flames (all buffs?) remains on party members when switching from a Purifier role... Big deal now that it lasts for an hour. Felt synergistic with a main spec Warden's HoTs, but obviously not intended. Latent Blaze stays too. Too tedious for me, but I can imagine switching to buff Latent Blaze before every boss then switching back :\ Probably should just remove all your casted buffs when changing roles instead of only ones on yourself?

  12. #12
    tencharsblabla

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26
    strike of judgment triggers Lust for Blood but it doesnt consume the charge. Means if i crit once with strike of judgment i get the Lust for blood buff for the whole minute i'm spamming strike of judgment

    Good bug

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    180
    The courage buffs for Shaman are inconsistent in cost, Jaguar and Bear are 47mana and 49mana but Eagle is 627mana? Those are max rank, level50 numbers.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    180
    Tooltip for Surging Flames from Purifier 51pt, both on the Soul ui and on an action bar, says the buff lasts 5mins but it actually lasts 1hr now.

    Marked by the Light, Sentinel soul, not really a bug but it lasts 5mins and has 5charges but the ability itself has no cooldown and doesn't trigger global. So essentially you can and will have this buff active 100% of the time. If this is intended, shouldn't it be like a 1hr duration instead of 5mins, when you will just be macroing it into every other spell currently because it has no global trigger? Or if its not intended to have this with 100% uptime, maybe it needs a cooldown?

  16. #16
    Technically this is an item bug, but if it goes live and players notice it, it will really throw off Cleric balance:

    "Glowing Planar Seed" (and probably other similar planar essences) procs for 200 heals per second for 8 seconds rather than 200 total spread out for 8 seconds. Since it procs of any kind of healing, it makes specs which are supposed to only minimally heal actually fairly reliable.

  17. #17
    Luminous Gaze (Sentinel branch ability increasing crit chance of attacks on mob by 5%) is being removed shortly after being applied on mobs/bosses in instances (have not tested on mobs outside). Thought at first the mobs could dispel effects but occurs on all types of mobs from bosses to trash.
    Could be that the debuff is being consumed by the first attack on the mob after being applied or something like that? It used to ramp up the crit % as the mobs took damage so maybe it's related to that mechanic and it's 'upgrading' to the next stage (ie from 1% to 2% crit buff) which no longer exists with the current format and so removing itself?
    Just a shot in the dark theory - will do more testing on dummies to see if it is actually the next attack removing it or if it seems to be a set duration for when it vanishes.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Veckna View Post
    Luminous Gaze (Sentinel branch ability increasing crit chance of attacks on mob by 5%) is being removed shortly after being applied on mobs/bosses in instances (have not tested on mobs outside). Thought at first the mobs could dispel effects but occurs on all types of mobs from bosses to trash.
    Could be that the debuff is being consumed by the first attack on the mob after being applied or something like that? It used to ramp up the crit % as the mobs took damage so maybe it's related to that mechanic and it's 'upgrading' to the next stage (ie from 1% to 2% crit buff) which no longer exists with the current format and so removing itself?
    Just a shot in the dark theory - will do more testing on dummies to see if it is actually the next attack removing it or if it seems to be a set duration for when it vanishes.
    I actually think it gets overwritten by another souls buff..but I couldn't figure out what yet..

  19. #19
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    178
    (For all responses of "Fixed." I mean it's been fixed locally and you'll see the fix in either the next Alpha push or shortly after launch, not that it is currently fixed on Alpha.)

    Quote Originally Posted by bored
    Surging Flames (all buffs?) remains on party members when switching from a Purifier role... Big deal now that it lasts for an hour. Felt synergistic with a main spec Warden's HoTs, but obviously not intended. Latent Blaze stays too. Too tedious for me, but I can imagine switching to buff Latent Blaze before every boss then switching back :\ Probably should just remove all your casted buffs when changing roles instead of only ones on yourself?
    Under investigation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baha_LotD
    strike of judgment triggers Lust for Blood but it doesnt consume the charge. Means if i crit once with strike of judgment i get the Lust for blood buff for the whole minute i'm spamming strike of judgment

    Good bug
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khruxx
    The courage buffs for Shaman are inconsistent in cost, Jaguar and Bear are 47mana and 49mana but Eagle is 627mana? Those are max rank, level50 numbers.
    Ouch! Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khruxx
    Tooltip for Surging Flames from Purifier 51pt, both on the Soul ui and on an action bar, says the buff lasts 5mins but it actually lasts 1hr now.
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khruxx
    Marked by the Light, Sentinel soul, not really a bug but it lasts 5mins and has 5charges but the ability itself has no cooldown and doesn't trigger global. So essentially you can and will have this buff active 100% of the time. If this is intended, shouldn't it be like a 1hr duration instead of 5mins, when you will just be macroing it into every other spell currently because it has no global trigger? Or if its not intended to have this with 100% uptime, maybe it needs a cooldown?
    This is completely intentional. You can certainly maintain it for as long as you want if you have the extra mana to pay for it. It's a mana-based decision, rather than a cast time or cooldown-based decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torrent
    "Glowing Planar Seed" (and probably other similar planar essences) procs for 200 heals per second for 8 seconds rather than 200 total spread out for 8 seconds. Since it procs of any kind of healing, it makes specs which are supposed to only minimally heal actually fairly reliable.
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Veckna
    Luminous Gaze (Sentinel branch ability increasing crit chance of attacks on mob by 5%) is being removed shortly after being applied on mobs/bosses in instances (have not tested on mobs outside).
    I can't seem to reproduce this. It's lasting the full 15s for me every time no matter what else I do. No other Cleric ability should be overwriting it.

  20. #20
    Cabalist's Decay does not generate Lurking Decay charges when using it on certain Water and Earth rift mobs - Mainly the large water elemental ones (Freemarch specifically) and large Earth Elemental rift mobs (and I believe earth rift troll mobs as well), specifically in Stonefield. May have been fixed but I did not see anything in the notes.

    Dark Passage sometimes fails to teleport if you are in the air/knocked back or jumping.

    Has Purifier's Enflamed Rejuvenation been fixed so it isn't proc'inc/removing itself from damage spells cast?

    Oh, and Engulfing Shadow's damage is just embarrassing. Low base damage aside, does it receive the appropriate spellpower coefficient?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts