+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 180

Thread: Pyromancer Feedback

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    No idea why you'd think Pyromancers are supposed to do more AE dmg than warlocks(or less), they're basically the same role. Warlock use dots while pyromancers use direct damage. I expect Pyromancers to get a polish pass though, same with locks, like stormcaller, chloros and necros did this patch, until then yeah, Pyromancer isn't great anymore, it's average at everything. Just wait until it gets looked at if you want to play one.

    Also the AE soul is stormcaller.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    717
    Pyromancer / Archmage is the counter to Assassins. If you have trouble against them...

    Learn it, love it.

  3. #103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    AE nerf was warranted. The single target kick in the balls definitely wasn't.

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    No idea why you'd think Pyromancers are supposed to do more AE dmg than warlocks(or less), they're basically the same role. Warlock use dots while pyromancers use direct damage. I expect Pyromancers to get a polish pass though, same with locks, like stormcaller, chloros and necros did this patch, until then yeah, Pyromancer isn't great anymore, it's average at everything. Just wait until it gets looked at if you want to play one.

    Also the AE soul is stormcaller.
    Well I guess I just found it logical that there is a single DPS class and one that dominates in AE DPS and I am sure I have read this somewhere. Like Wizard and Warlock in EQ2.

    Here in Rift a Warlock can heal himself, Mana reg, uses less Mana when casting his AEs (just from my feeling I am not comparing actual numbers here), so I really saw no reason anymore for the Pyro.

    Before the patch I could do 1,4k DPS on big groups, peeks even went up to 2-3k, now I do 800-1k on the lock and the pyro, Pyro even less sometimes because with these ground spells the positioning totally sucks. So u only have disadvantages.

    I wish these ground spells were buffs on yourself so u don't lose it while running around or have to recast them all the time.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Well I guess I just found it logical that there is a single DPS class and one that dominates in AE DPS and I am sure I have read this somewhere. Like Wizard and Warlock in EQ2.

    Here in Rift a Warlock can heal himself, Mana reg, uses less Mana when casting his AEs (just from my feeling I am not comparing actual numbers here), so I really saw no reason anymore for the Pyro.

    Before the patch I could do 1,4k DPS on big groups, peeks even went up to 2-3k, now I do 800-1k on the lock and the pyro, Pyro even less sometimes because with these ground spells the positioning totally sucks. So u only have disadvantages.

    I wish these ground spells were buffs on yourself so u don't lose it while running around or have to recast them all the time.
    About the same thoughts as me, i am curious if it be worth it to cross spec the 2 and trade off bolts and charges. Lose 25% on charge, but gain a better bolt.

  6. #106
    a damage leak is the Fireball dot.

    it should be 30% ( 3 points skilled )

    krit hit 210 Damage
    dot 3x14 Damage = 42
    damage should be = 63

    if some hitīs stack the effekt only one is still ticking

  7. #107
    before dmg nerf my single target DD was good i was hiting from 1.5 to 3.5 ( fireball) now i am at 6-1.5, i am fine with that but cleric and rogue can do the same amount or even more...why even roll a clothie ?

    i understand the AOE nerf with firestorm but they overall kill all are dmg.

    even in PVE rogue and clerics are putting better number then my mage on the dps metter, we need readjustment with dmg or the othere classes need a dmg nerf

  8. #108
    the prob is. we have to pay with Livepoints for the damage.
    same damage but thanks to talents lower live

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I wish these ground spells were buffs on yourself so u don't lose it while running around or have to recast them all the time.
    I totally agree, it's the most annoying mechanic of playing a caster I've ever seen. If the devs read through this thread just about anyone who's played a Pyro and posted here says the same thing. It completely takes the fun out of playing. If you're in a dungeon and the tank is moving around back and forth you end up having to cast ground like 3 times for each fight sometimes before the fight even begins!! It's insane!

    Make it a 5min buff or something at the very least. Then I'd only have to cast it once every 5minutes instead of 20!!

    Or how about make it really useful and worth the aggrivation of casting by making the circle say twice as big, so you can move at least a little and not have to recast it, AND give any other caster who stands in the circle the same bonus! A moving group buff basically.

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    I dont think the ground buffs should be just a buff you can run around with, i think it would be alittle op. Maybe making them instant casts which doesnt have a Cd or effect Gcd's could be the answer. Also cinder burst needs a reduced activation time, 6 secs is far to long especially using it with a ground buff as well, 3-4 secs would be better.

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    717
    I don't know how many times I have to suggest this, but what if they were buffs that only gave a benefit when you stood still? For example the spell Ground of Power would be on you, and when you stopped to cast you'd get a stacking buff that increased damage like the normal Ground does, but when you move it resets.

  12. #112
    The Ground Spell mechanik is OK

    But 2 Options to make it better.

    First make it a Instand Cast

    or better

    give the effect a range of 20 - 30m

  13. #113
    The thing is I'M SICK OF HAVING TO CAST IT 999 times a day! I don't care if it's instacastable, if I still have to recast it every time I move 2 feet I don't want it........I'm switching to some other dps spec now just because I'm so totally done casting that lame spell........OMG.

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    217
    another thing that would be nice to have is a small icon in the cinder burst icon that shows up if your (forget the name) "cinder burst proc" armor procs. i dont play pyro that much and i have problems to figure out when cinder burst is an instant and when not. i would love to see something similiar to the small red ministar in your spells/abilitys, if your out of range.

  15. #115
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19
    While the ground buff cast is annoying for sure (As is the mount constant recasting), I find it does add a little pre planning when a group engages.
    (I dont know if thats good or bad for the casual player, but it does require a little more strategy..at least for me)

    Again, no opinion on it...just showing another point of view.

  16. #116
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    It certainly makes you think about strategy and how mobs will be pulled and decimated.

    I do not mind it actually, but could care less either way if it is changed, as long as we do not get a lower bonus.

    If they lower the bonus because of people not wanting to recast it i would prefer to leave it as is.

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    To me it's the same as having to cast Spores every 15secs on a chloro, the element debuff if playing an elementalist, the necro debuffs if playing a necro etc. It's just a spell you have to cast once every fight, with the Pyromancer range you don't really have to cast it very close to mobs anyway, seems fine on that part.

    What is extremely annoying with it is having to recast it multiple times in the same fight during bosses due to ground AE/having to move, or running back to it everytime you do move and so on. I'd like an automatic system like Hanlo suggested(same for marksmen too), where basically standing in one spot for 2secs=buff. Even keep the ground effect, basically it autocast the effect when you stop moving, if you move out of it it disapear and only re appear when you stop moving. Do keep the current version of the PvP one however, I feel getting immunity to CC and stun procs on spells just for not moving for 2secs might be too good.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    another thing that would be nice to have is a small icon in the cinder burst icon that shows up if your (forget the name) "cinder burst proc" armor procs. i dont play pyro that much and i have problems to figure out when cinder burst is an instant and when not. i would love to see something similiar to the small red ministar in your spells/abilitys, if your out of range.
    Good idea! I agree, basically I gave up on casting Cinder Burst unless I was doing it once at the start of a solo fight or hitting it once on an elite boss and then spamming fireball because you really have no idea when it can be insta casted from what I could tell after the initial cast. Do I waste my time clicking the button and risk getting stuck in a loooooong cast or just keep spamming fireball? No contest.

    So yes, it would be great if the spell hotkey FLASHED when the insta cast was up. That would be a huge improvement. Please add this!

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    Do keep the current version of the PvP one however, I feel getting immunity to CC and stun procs on spells just for not moving for 2secs might be too good.
    Its all in the stacking buffs my friend.

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Its all in the stacking buffs my friend.
    Oh you mean a gradual stack when you stop? That'd be even better for the PvP one, since you'd start getting a part of the buff as soon as you stop moving, not just 1-2secs later. Na I think the PvP one is fine as it is currently, maybe make it instant cast with a small cooldown instead but that's ok. The normal ground of power though, I could see changing it to something less annoying, if only making it instant cast. Also sad there's not more choices for Ground spells, I feel something cool could have been done with the mechanic.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts