+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ways to make Archon more raid viable

Ways to make Archon more raid viable

There is only a few things that I would really like to tweak after doing multiple 10 man/20 mans raiding with partial/full archon builds.

In almost 50% of our fights, you are going to have either your raid force split, or your raid force spread out, or something to that degree. A 10m buff beneficial radius for Volcanic Bomb, Surging Flare and Earthen Barrage is...an incredibly small area. Even in a 20 man raid force unless you are staying stacked, you may be lucky to hit 10 people in the raid if they are all at ranged. (This is with them being stacked:P) And on most fights you are only going to hit a small portion of your raid force with these buffs.

These buffs are not overpowered. They are small incremental bonus's that help out really well in a raid. But they just arn't worth it if it's only going to benefit a small portion of the raid with only a 10m radius.

PLEASE let there be a way to increase the radius. At least put us on par with the Bard Motief range of 25m. Possibly making it so Favored Ally increases the radius for these spells would make it incredibly helpful and make this a much more viable utility build verses just putting 32 points into the soul for the buffs.

I would also suggest putting Earthen Barrage on a longer cooldown with a slightly longer duration. Say, 10 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown. With the way it is, it's kinda coming to the point where we may have multiple 26 point archon builds in a raid just so we can keep the 30% crit up.... I would rather have it effect more players and get a nerf than have it stay the way it is now.

Edit: Chloros get an -10% ability buff, not -10% casting speed:P

since when do chloros have a casting speed buff?

Ahh...haha, sorry Borot:P I'm playing a bard as well, so the -10% ability cost is overlapped by the bard:P My bad haha.

Anyone agree/disagree?

If an Archon/bard is expected for 10/20 man content for balancing, a bard is a better choice since he can reach more of the raid:/

I like the fact that the Bard/Archon Endurance buffs now stack though:P

I thought about the small range having to be that Archon has to run around, figuring out where the best spot is in the area to benefit the most people...and I agree that this is a fun factor while playing the Archon. I just think the range on the beneficial nukes that require a ton of points being spent into the tree only influence a very small area:/

While I have no experience playing Archon, I can definitely agree with what you say.

The buffs should be raid wide not "the-few-people-standing-next-to-you-wide".

I'll bump this, this is entirely relevant still, the 10m range on the archon nuke buffs is TERRIBLE in raids, especially for the melees who basically never get any of these buffs on some fights. Make it 25 at least please, or add a talent like bards or whatever, but fix it.

The 10m range on our short term buffs are absolutely redonkulous. Even in 6man expert runs its a nightmare trying to hit the whole group with these. On raids forget about it. Range needs to be same size as our aura's or just remove the spells completely because they are that useless with a 10m range.

+ Reply to Thread