+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Flame Spear?

I hope they are joking about the RB change. They already gutted warlord to death. The fact that you need three tank souls (including the beneficial bug) and a cookie cutter build to come close to RS mitigations. I hope they realize that warriors can't heal or offer support so nerfing the dps souls means all that's left is tanking and that's not that awesome.

Oh well worst case it changes what I roll as first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiped View Post
    i see em make FS cast time 1s .. and dmg half and remove the dot .. so no one use that spell again. :=O
    More likely reduce most or even all front damage to make it dot in effect and as such effectively non spammable. Seriosly thou it's just stupid it does better dam than any normal melee attack (even without counting dot), I have it on end of my MELEE macro as there simply is no reason to use anything else (basic attacks ofc) over it.

Grossly and horribly over exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintt View Post
    Happens in every game I've played. Rogues are always complaining about their standing compared to warriors. Think it has to do with the type of people the class attracts.
    So let's remove the Rogue then. Let's compare the Riftblade with a DPS mage, say a Pyro/Elem.

Rift - a ton more HPs
    Rift - a ton more damage mitigation with heavy armor
    Rift - Flamespear, the spammable, on the run nuke, does almost double the damage of a Fireball, the ability with a CAST TIME and the Pyro has to stand still.

In PVP being able to be mobile, have plate armor, spam nuke for 400 (yes that includes 1 tick of the DOT), have the most hit points AND combine with other souls for utility = OP.

Quote Originally Posted by BastionRifts View Post
    So let's remove the Rogue then. Let's compare the Riftblade with a DPS mage, say a Pyro/Elem.

Rift - a ton more HPs
    Rift - Flamespear, the spammable, on the run nuke, does almost double the damage of a Fireball, the ability with a CAST TIME and the Pyro has to stand still.

In PVP being able to be mobile, have plate armor, spam nuke for 400 (yes that includes 1 tick of the DOT), have the most hit points AND combine with other souls for utility = OP.
    exactly this. and i play a warrior! lol

Rift - a ton more HPs

Double the damage of a fireball eh?

Rift - a ton more HPs

double dmg of a Fireball ? You serious .. my Mage Fireball hits for 700+ and my mage is 39, no crit and thats not the only dps skill a pyro has.Rifts are easy food for a mage class .. just because a Rogue cant kill it, doesnt mean no one can.And Plate armor is like your naked if a Fireball hits you.

Rift - a ton more HPs

Someone please stop giving this guy the kool aid!

Hey at least we know where all the tin foil went .

Quote Originally Posted by Kintt View Post
    Double the damage of a fireball eh?
    Double the dmg is a bit hard... but it's at least on par or a bit higher... but without the casting time ^^' (and note that it can also be forked to hit 3 target)

KK, nerf Flame Spear so i will have no regret anymore and roll rogue on retail.

World of Roguecraft - same things happening here.

I like hide and stealth more than some more useless armor and hp. Once upon a time was Warrior, then whiners start cry and now warr is no fun class.

So everybody, lets play rogue

this thread is funny all the warriors crying over flame spear being nerf. lets all roll rogues LMFAO. THE SKYS FALLING. lookout warriors are being brang back into line with all other callings dps NOOOOOOOO STOP TRION DON"T BALANCE A GAME I WANT TO BE OP... u warriors crying over this plz don't stop i wanna come back to the thread and read more about how warriors spammable range skill should be able to hit harder then a marksmen or rangers spammable range. then use discharge at the end to do almost same damage as deadeyeshot with no cast time NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SKYS FALLINGGGGGGGGGGGG

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyGuz View Post
    this thread is funny all the warriors crying over flame spear being nerf. lets all roll rogues LMFAO. THE SKYS FALLING. lookout warriors are being brang back into line with all other callings dps NOOOOOOOO STOP TRION DON"T BALANCE A GAME I WANT TO BE OP... u warriors crying over this plz don't stop i wanna come back to the thread and read more about how warriors spammable range skill should be able to hit harder then a marksmen or rangers spammable range. then use discharge at the end to do almost same damage as deadeyeshot with no cast time NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SKYS FALLINGGGGGGGGGGGG
    NM .. useless to talk here i stick with the ingame Feedback.

Rift - a ton more HPs

A ton more HP, see the threads comparing rogue and warrior can be very close maybe 5-10% difference

A ton more damage, avoidance is always better than mitigation, learn to play your rogue

I 'm sure FS is the 1 win button for all warriors. I never seen anyone killing anyone with FS the combination with other abilities is that broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    exactly this. and i play a warrior! lol
    I 've seen you on some WARFRONTS.

You're exploiting the VK bug / exploit.

So you claim Mr. Exploiter that by exploiting WARRIOR is superior from other classes?

I can't believe there is a group of people complaining about flamespear. Lets look at it this way, flamespear hits regularly for about 250-300, it crits for 500 and has a range of ONLY 20m. My warrior melee hits, hit for 600 non-crit and 1k criticals. Flamespear is only useful for building AP's on mages who are kiting the warrior so when you do reach them for that small moment, you can burst them down harder. Either way, I can't believe mages would complain they have the best pvp class in game if they knew how to play it properly (12pyro/38warlock/16chloro) go go. Nothing a warrior has can defeat that build.

Don't nerf warrior because of bad players imo. You take this away, RB DPS warriors have no chance to do anything against kiters but stand there after riftwalk/bullrush has been used.

Rift - a ton more HPs

Has a ton more HP - False... If a warrior specs into tank souls they will have more, but not by huge margins. Pyro can also spec into a passive dmg shield up to 15% of their hp narrowing that gap even further.
    Has a ton more dmg mitigation - False. Pyro can take Ground of Strength to receive 30% general mitigation which is more useful overall compared to less than 50% physical mitigation a DPS warrior will have. With elementalist you can get general mitigation up to 40%.
    Flamespear does 2x dmg of fireball - again false. If specced properly pyro fireball will get 30%+ bonus dmg, 50% bonus crit dmg, 20% bonus crit chance, 30% dmg DoT which can stack 3 times, 1.6s cast time w/ 30 meter range. With Heat Wave the Pyro can cast 1 Fireball per second for 15 seconds. Lets not forget that magic AP scales on fireball much better than phys AP scales on Flamespear.

So Fireballs while not instant cast have a 10m range advantage, hit harder overall, crit more often, hit hard when they crit, get a DoT that stacks, and can for moderate periods of time pump out TWICE as fast as Flamespear (1s cast vs 1.5s GCD)...

Over 15 seconds Fireball can deal over 2x the dmg flamspear can. They can do that while mitigating at least 40% of all dmg done to them and each hit has a 30% chance to stuns their target for 2 seconds.

Now that I have seen how the developers respond - now I know to just whine on the forums about every single class I can't beat.

Oh no I just died to a mage, NERF THEM!

Oh my god I just got stunned... NERF ROGUES

Wow that cleric just healed himself that is OP NERF HIM.

I hate to say the following line but seriously people - L2P! =P

You are not going to be able to beat everyone you come across, that doesn't mean everyone else is OP.

Please stop listening to the bad players and nerfing everybody just because players with no skill whatsoever are being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    We plan on making changes to Flamespear with an upcoming update, it should resolve a few of the issues listed here. Thank you for your continued feedback.
    I looked over the entire thread.

The only things listed here are issues about the VK QC bug, VK Discharge and some exaggerated tales of Flame Spear damage and Warrior HP.

I hope that people whining and posting inaccurate, exaggerated numbers doesn't = "issues" with the soul to the dev team.

edit:

It sounds to me like people are getting evaporated by broken VK abilities and getting confused about what is killing them when they see a Flame Spear shoot out. Clearly Flame Spear is the problem with unlimited VK pacts and huge damage discharges being spammed due to QC.

Warriors are nuking me with Flame Spear for 400s every couple seconds, what build is that? Jeez if I can be a Tank that nukes....
    There is no build that does that. Exaggerate more please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonster View Post
    There is no build that does that. Exaggerate more please.
    There sure is.

+ Reply to Thread