+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resurrection and Cures - 3 requests

Resurrection and Cures - 3 requests

The "Curing" system currently in-game serves almost no purpose.
    Effects of all types rarely, if ever, are able to be cured in Expert dungeons. When something can be cured, it doesn't necessarily (depending on the cleric soul) remove the full stack and you lose a GCD needed to heal often gaining no benefit.

Curing effects could be a vital part of keeping the group alive.

I suggest the following...
    1. Single target cure, instant cast off the global cool down
    2. Group AE cure, instant cast off globat cool down with a recast timer
    3. Cures remove all effects of a given type not just one application
    3. All status effects outside of raid zones are curable

Mana for Combat Ressurection
    Combat Res spells need to give some mana (10-40%). Currently there is a great inequality when choosing to res a mage or rogue (as an example). If for any reason the mage cannot use a mana potion, he/she is mostly useless meanwhile a rogue can go straight into battle.

AE Ressurection
    An out of combat AE res would greatly speed up recovery time after raid wipes. Single target ressing 20 people adds no difficulty only tedium to raiding.

Thanks

I'd really like to see AoE cures, it'd make for more interesting game content for raiding, plus help a lot with the crazy CC we are encountering in warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzen View Post
    AE Ressurection
    An out of combat AE res would greatly speed up recovery time after raid wipes. Single target ressing 20 people adds no difficulty only tedium to raiding.
    This please!

I liked all the ideas, this was just my favorite.

if i could pick one change to it, it would be to make sure none of the cures have a Global cool down, when you have the option to remove a debuff of 260 over 12 seconds, or heal for 1118 and the debuff cleanse costs more mana, it is just odd, the cost should be reduced to 2% mana of cures.

but yeah, just removing the global cool down from these type of skills would go along way.

Totally agree, cures need to be off GCD.
    It's part of the complex issue that long cast heals are just subpar to any other healing mechanics right now. Everything else you cast but the big heal theoretically increases the casting time of the big heal.

And while we are at it: I think Wards shouldn't be on GCD either

An alternative to taking them off the GCD is tying into them some sort of healing effect, talent or otherwise. We have no control over which debuff is stripped off, so while in some cases removing a really nasty effect is of greater value than spending the equivalent time healing, in many others it just isn't quite good enough. A minor healing effect for removing a debuff can make taking the time to dispell radiant spores or some other effect that isn't immediately endangering someone's life more appealing in PvP.

do like what they did with the cures in this patch, giving each of the healing classes a different type of cure that is good. still wish they would remove the GCD from them all, the new ones already have a cool down, they don't need the GCD too.

as i said, i do like the new changes, it adds each healer a different type of cure and it brings a little flavor to the classes, need tank cleanse purifier/warden, need a group/raid cleanse with a fair cool down, sentinel.

+ Reply to Thread