+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kervik - Can you please take a look at this.

Kervik - Question about Pyro Ground Abilities

I have read allot of folks asking for this but i have not seen a post by any purple recognizing it is an issue.

The pryomancers ground buffs. Is there any chance these will be changed in the future?

With the amount of movement in combat the current form is to say the least, truly aggravating.

Is it possible to either....

1. Make it an instant cast
    2. Allow us to cast multiple grounds (say 3) so we could tactically place them (this could technically be allot of fun and make people think about placement)
    3. Increase the dmg % so that a pyro would WANT to keep running around to get back into his ground? Because of the amount of spells we cast out of the ground while running for a our lives this would have to be a significant upgrade in dmg. As it stands right now i often jsut say screw it and keep moving and casting without it.

Thank you Kervik and sorry if this has been acknowledged by a purple, but i have never seen one.

have a good day

Agreed something needs to be done with it I think. Maybe even just something as simple as it follows us on the ground as we move or something. That way you dont have to cast the blasted thing so often.

Grounds of power should be instant-cast and ignore the global cooldown ... or be turned into a normal buff (but that would be a bit lame).

Quote Originally Posted by Bachmors View Post
    Grounds of power should be instant-cast and ignore the global cooldown
    THIS
    10charLimit

They should just be temp buffs for urself and be changed completly. Now they are useless on most of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachmors View Post
    Grounds of power should be instant-cast and ignore the global cooldown ... or be turned into a normal buff (but that would be a bit lame).
    That's the way to go! Don't remove them, because they certainly add flavor to the pyro, but atm they are rather annoying.

I am starting to wonder if the devs are paying attention at all to this issue.

I have never seen a response from them, and this issue has been brought up in tons of threads. It would be nice to even hear, yes we see it as a problem.

here is to hoping...and yes instant + no gcd would be awesome. still keeps the flavor.

i don't play a mage, but i know the frustration people are having with it, id like to see the pyro ground stuff instant cast and ignore gcd, it just makes seance to do it that way, i wouldn't want to see a good idea totally scrapped, but it does need to be modified, and making it instant and ignore gcd would solve the issues, the mage will still have to pay more mana by casting it often so they will suffer a little from that to encourage them to plant them selves a little, but if the need arises then at least they can move with out to much hassle.

Having played a Pyro, I certainly understand the frustration.

However, I also believe it's working as intended - it's supposed to cause you to have to make a choice. Do you stay in your circle and dish out more damage and/or regen faster at the expense of your mobility, or do you run around and forfeit those benefits?

I actually disagree, I think part of the challenge is maximizing your time in the effect. I do however think damage while in the effect should be increased more to compensate for this.

they should be instant and have no cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimoku View Post
    they should be instant and have no cooldown.
    I H8 having to cast this over and over and over.........................AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it a 5 minute cast time whatever I don't care, just make it MOVE WITH THE CASTER.

"FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

+ Reply to Thread