+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feeling weak compared to Archers, doing half their damage

Feeling weak compared to Archers, doing half their damage

I am a Pyro/Elem/Archon that has done everything to boost Fire Damage to be as much single target DPS. I have yet to do over 201 damage to a player.

Yet, Deadeye Shot has hit me for 400s, 500s - Headshot for 300s, what's the story? I am level 17 fighting in Warfronts. I use Cinder Burst with Internalize Charge when I can.

I am in full green armor that is my level with a green staff.

We know. I think they know too, but they might just be ignoring us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We know. I think they know too, but they might just be ignoring us.
    Heck, Discharge from a WARRIOR has hit me for 250!

I take that back, just got hit for 443 on a Discharge, wth?

Every calling has soul combos that will consistently out DPS any mage now, maybe except in extremely target rich environments. Pyromancer is broken, Warlock is more about survivability, Chloro is a healer, Stormcaller is mass CC over AoE dps, Archon is... well, Archon, Dominator has CC and 2 day casting times, Necro can spike a bit but not enough, Elementalist is a survivability choice that hits more like a wet noodle...

Shaman will out dps any mage atm.

Champions used to, but may be on par now. I still think they do more.

Marksmen are horribly OP.

------

Seems the devs think range is a mechanic of more balancing importance than it really is. I think they think warriors rogues and melee healers spend 5 minutes to close the gap in PvP than they currently are. And they've just 'derped' on the Marksman. Some dev punched in an extra 0 or something :P

We will see.

Pyro, Warlock and Necro need a DPS boost.

Thanks, good to know I wasn't just crazy.

they hit hard but they have no utilty whereas u do? so kinda makes up for it guess, i play as a dom/sc/chlor atm and i can kill archers fine, also discharge will hit hard, its suppost to lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeva View Post
    they hit hard but they have no utilty whereas u do? so kinda makes up for it guess, i play as a dom/sc/chlor atm and i can kill archers fine, also discharge will hit hard, its suppost to lol
    Who needs utility when you can 2 shoot ppl from like 35 yards away?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeva View Post
    I am not 100% familiar with their utility, but they have better armor and hit points than I do, I'd call that utility.

As an update, once I got the Blue PVP staff and hit 19, I did a 309 crit. Still significantly lower than Ranger attacks though.

PLS level to 50, test again then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    What are your observations from 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    And? This goes for level 50 too. I would suggest trying it yourself. Marksman > Any mage, Shaman > Any mage, Champion = Any mage.

Oh boy PVP balance. Discussions that don't take user skill, levels, group setup and specific situations into account or pretty much fail.

It's impossible to balance PVP for every situation, whether that's 1v1 or 10v10. When I played a mage in Warfronts in Beta 4, my stormcaller and chloromancer were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    Oh boy PVP balance. Discussions that don't take user skill, levels, group setup and specific situations into account or pretty much fail.

It's impossible to balance PVP for every situation, whether that's 1v1 or 10v10. When I played a mage in Warfronts in Beta 4, my stormcaller and chloromancer were amazing.
    I'm not talking about PvP? I'm talking straight up DPS versus stationary targets in PvE.

You are? Then this statement:

Marksman > Any mage
    Shaman > Any mage
    Champion = Any mage.
    Is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    You are? Then this statement:

Is wrong.
    Against a single target in PvE all other archetypes have at least 1 soul that can out dps a mage. Against multiple targets the mage gets on top if it's a warlock or pyro - but there needs to be 1 soul with more oomph for single target dps. If this has changed very recently - great! But I haven't seen anything in patch notes about any mages getting buffed. Pyro used to be good, I'll give you that.

If a mage is getting out dosed by any rogue, then I'd say the Mage needs to rethink his strategy. Mages dusts rogues ATM.
    Trinity -Greybriar Defiant
    -Conqueror-
    Greenscale's Blight :: River of Souls :: Hammerknell Fortress
    Infernal Dawn: 8/8

Against a single target in PvE all other archetypes have at least 1 soul that can out dps a mage. Against multiple targets the mage gets on top if it's a warlock or pyro - but there needs to be 1 soul with more oomph for single target dps.
    Have you met the Stormcaller?

If you are losing in a duel as a mage you are doing something wrong (build probably) or your competition is that much better (gear skill latency build) than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimoku View Post
    Who needs utility when you can 2 shoot ppl from like 35 yards away?
    we can't 2 shoot people, you know that 500 dmg deadeye is a crit and takes 5-6 shots over 6 seconds to pull off. If you died in what you think is 2 shots from a marksman you were not paying attention

If you think a shaman is > than any mage you cannot play a mage correctly, enough said. Go ask Hanlo how to play a mage, a good mage should very rarely be caught or even melee'd by a melee class. If a warrior, shaman is hitting you on a mage, you're doing something wrong.

+ Reply to Thread