+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancers healingpotential

Hybrid View

Chloromancers healingpotential

I am comming here, cause half of the Clerics crying for a dpsboost. Their comparing between healingpower and dps is always made with the chloromancer.
    So, does the healingpotential of a chloromancer realy match that of healing specced clerics and is the chloro also able to dps during the healingprocess?
    If so, do you think that it is O.K. or not.
    And should the dps of clerics be raised up to match the dps of dpsmages when speccing a dps build or should the healing of the chloro brought down a bit to better fit into the mage calling?
    Are you mage playing ppl forced to switch to a chloro build as a backuphealer cause it is way better than take a second clr into an instance?
    Remember that this is no calling for a nerf .... Just want to know how ppl think it would be best for the future of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkaar View Post
    I am comming here, cause half of the Clerics crying for a dpsboost. Their comparing between healingpower and dps is always made with the chloromancer.
    So, does the healingpotential of a chloromancer realy match that of healing specced clerics and is the chloro also able to dps during the healingprocess?
    If so, do you think that it is O.K. or not.
    And should the dps of clerics be raised up to match the dps of dpsmages when speccing a dps build or should the healing of the chloro brought down a bit to better fit into the mage calling?
    Are you mage playing ppl forced to switch to a chloro build as a backuphealer cause it is way better than take a second clr into an instance?
    Remember that this is no calling for a nerf .... Just want to know how ppl think it would be best for the future of the game.
    Personally, it seems to me like 1 Chloro isn't quite enough to heal through some of the expert encounters, T2 definitely not. They can handle a few of the Tier1 Experts like Foul Cascade. A regular group doing quests or normal instances would probably be no problem. Clerics I think heal better on a pure healing level, and some cleric specs like Shaman and Druid are also great dps. As far as which is prefered, 2 Clerics or a Cleric and a Chloro? I think it's a toss up. It kind of depends on who else you have in the group. It seems like Clerics are a little more scarce than Mages, so I see Mages playing healer or back up healer alot. Being a Mage myself, I would much rather have 2 Clerics and be able to dps, than have to play a healer. Not that I totally hate it, it's kinda nice to switch things up once in awhile, but healing wasn't what I envisioned when I was leveling up as a Pyromancer.

As far as should Chloros healing ability be brought down a little and it's dps brought up to be more Magelike? I think it's actually a really good mix the way it is right now. Chloro have descent dps and very good healing power. One of the biggest draw backs in so many previous mmorpgs I've played is finding a healer. Now you have that extra option to pull out a pocket Chloro and know that you have an alternative class that gives you a good shot to succeed if a traditional healer can't be found.

The main advantage I see to clerics is they have more single target healing power. Chloros only have a couple that have cool downs that you have to use wisely. Chloros are also limited a little by needing line of site of their targets to heal. But a group of 1 tank and 4 Mages can get through just about anything, so it all seems pretty well balanced imo.

Chloro can mainheal some T1 experts as pointed out above, and I suspect once the mage gets his spell focus maxed and nice spell power on their gear, they'll be able to go beyond. Maybe. Anyway, I think the dungeons are mostly designed for 2 heal-capable players, and usually the smoothest runs are done with a Chloro and a Bard. However, if you do main heal as a Chloro, you need to be on top of your game constantly.

Although I don't have a lot of experience with endgame healing and whatnot with Chloro (recently got into alpha) I have been looking around and this is a spec I came up with.

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...16,5_&lang=eng

It provides maximum healing/buffs as well as the mana regen from warlock. You will notice some things not taken into Chloro and that is because of the cooldowns. I did not feel like it was worth sacrificing a buff or something similar for an ability that I can only use every 2 min. Anyways please look at this build and let me know what you think.

Also want to point out that the 6 points in Warlock can easily be removed. However, I saw that a lot of people have been....making known to the Devs( was about to say QQing) that Chloros have a hard time with mana. I do not personally know if this is true or not but if it is not then that is another useful 6 points that you can use.

In your spec, you could drop warlock entirely and get Leechign Flames in Archon which basically gives you infinite mana anyway. I've played the Archon/Chloro build(34chloro 32archon) but it's annoying as hell to play, if you wipe for any reason you don't get the benefit of your archon stuff because you don't have the 20secs it takes to rebuff entirely when you're main healing, it's a pain to maintain every debuff generally and especially when healing. All that for relatively minor upgrades that you could get with less points(for example just getting the armor aura).

Also mana issues are only a concern at low level. I haven't used any mana regen ability in forever on my mage because of blue tidesources(greater water rift essences). I use some on DPS builds every now and then because of AEs taking a lot of mana, but I haven't needed a mana regen ability on my chloro in months. I don't even pick the ones in the chloro tree.

That's the current build I use http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...16,5_&lang=eng

You have 4 free points for whatever, I usually take 2points in necro for the pet mana regen thing in case they ever add a mana burn fight or something so I'd need some mana, I also get Living Shell since the patch instead of maxed improved wild growth(but you could take it anyway with the free points). The big things about this build is having a purge is invaluable when there is something to purge. It's not all the time, but it's often enough that I really like having 6pt necro. Then 12dom there's a lot of good things there, you get reflect, a full cure, a 25%attackspeed/castspeed debuff and a threat wipe, as well as a pretty decent spellpower boost(via 10%int) and the lightning shield which is sometimes useful.

I'd probably play the Archon build is Archon wasn't so annoying to play, and almost useless in raids due to having other classes bringing the same buffs. They really need to rework the soul entirely.

Ok, Thanks for the feedback

And also I was actually playing with a spec similar to that so it's kinda nice to know that my "Theories" are somewhat correct lol

Bugged this in game, but I thought I would mention here as well. It looks like the branch ability "Phytogenesis" is either not fully updating "Radiant Spores" or there is a display bug on one of the two. Phyto rank 3 is giving the 100% spread to nearby enemies, but it does not look like it's updating the proc chance on Radiant. It may just be a bad RNG on my part, but something is off (even if it's just the text).

Follow up.

Sorry was a little confused by the above posts. With a chloro and a bard can you heal the tier 2 expert encounters?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lerinnon View Post
    Sorry was a little confused by the above posts. With a chloro and a bard can you heal the tier 2 expert encounters?

Thanks
    Yes. Probably can't solo heal them anymore even with a cleric anyway, so bard+chloro, bard+cleric, chloro+cleric is probably what you need.

Thanks for the quick response! What about in PVP?

in terms of 5 man instances(beta 5) I've always grouped with a cleric with my high spec chloromancer spec or 20 chloro/rest archon spec. The combination works wonders.

In pvp it does the same thing, works wonders. Me and a cleric can usually heal a raid just fine given the cleric is worth its weight and the enemy is not assisting.

I personally have NO problem running a chloromancer in a group/raid, but its solo capabilities is absolutely horrendous(lack of dps). I guess that is the chloromancers weakness, can not have everything I guess

+ Reply to Thread