+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Warrior tanking concerns and issues

Fixing VK mitigation, upping it some as tuning dictates, and re-org'ing the tree so folks don't need to invest 24/25 points in DK for essentially 1 buff, would be great.

I'm not home or near my pc, so I don't remember the exact # of points if that is inaccurate. I had some suggestions for VK changes, but will review and post them tonight from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    Void Knight Void and Devour should in fact mitigate elemental damage. The fact that it does not is a bug that has been fixed and should be in soon. That along with several bosses with elemental attacks that were doing more than we intended has also been resolved and should be in soon as well. Please keep your eyes open for those changes and keep up the feedback. Thank you.
    I just want to say - Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    100% agreed. As a healer, I have noticed exactly how poor warriors are right now, and had that reaffirmed a million times. I don't think Rogues and Healers should be more viable tanks than Warriors, which is currently the case. (At least the prior)

Decide on ONE soul that should be FULLY viable as a tank. I think the Reaver would be best as it's already the one to hold aggro best.
    Looks like somebody hasn't played in a month or so...

I never knew healers were viable xpert tanks. I Mustve missed something there
    Trinity -Greybriar Defiant
    -Conqueror-
    Greenscale's Blight :: River of Souls :: Hammerknell Fortress
    Infernal Dawn: 8/8

BTW Atrius, like Frost Wraith from Calyx in AP, Rift Shield should be a life saver on that ability. Is it intended to work against it or no.
    -Conqueror-

What happen to all of the Tanking Warrior Endurance buffs? This new build has removed them all.

They are in the roots. All of them get it now.
    -Conqueror-

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Guess, I should have paid more attention to the roots instead of just the tree, thanks Raive

Yeah, I was about to /rage, then I noticed the new root abilties.

Agressive Block got nerfed down to 10%, though.

Oh im ready to do a thread now. Some of these changes make no sense.
    -Conqueror-

Oh im ready to do a thread now. Some of these changes make no sense.
    I agree, but the added damage blocked in the paladin tree is pretty nice. still mulling the changes over myself.

Remove 5-6 aoe's, debuffs and dots across the 4 tanking souls and replace them with defensive reactive skills that we can use situationally, like Impassable guard. Put impassable guard down to a 32 point skill, and remove the filler ae's in the root. (Ae's are nice when tanking trash though, still too many..)

Remove the filler talents like increased reverent protection, +dodge, rift tap, and replace them with defensive talents, like flat out damage reduction ala reaver, high up in the tree if you'd like.

Fix Reverent and armor class scaling.

Class fixed! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Krilox View Post
    Remove 5-6 aoe's, debuffs and dots across the 4 tanking souls and replace them with defensive reactive skills that we can use situationally, like Impassable guard. Put impassable guard down to a 32 point skill, and remove the filler ae's in the root. (Ae's are nice when tanking trash though, still too many..)
    I don't like the idea of removing so many aoe's, dots, and debuffs. That's a big source of threat generation on aoe pulls, which is just about 90% of the pulls over the time spent in dungeons. While maybe trading one or two for some damage reduction skills is a good idea, I wouldn't go asking for a big change like it seems you are proposing. Maybe I misread, but I got a little afraid for my reaver there...
    Defiant
    Caprica (warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Cersae View Post
    I don't like the idea of removing so many aoe's, dots, and debuffs. That's a big source of threat generation on aoe pulls, which is just about 90% of the pulls over the time spent in dungeons. While maybe trading one or two for some damage reduction skills is a good idea, I wouldn't go asking for a big change like it seems you are proposing. Maybe I misread, but I got a little afraid for my reaver there...
    ^^ This

I for one don't wish to be stuck into a certain type of build because the amount of ae threat is limited to 1 soul. As it stands currently we have the choice of 1 of our ae threat generating souls and 2 others including what many portray as strictly dps. Options are the most prolific factor this game holds, any type of limitations on such is not something that I would personally like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cersae View Post
    I hear you. Whats my gripe is that the paladin soul has 5 ae's alone. Couldnt they've been fused to be say, 3 at least? Reaver has an additonal 5 if i recall it right, making it 10 ae's (!) across two souls. Sure, the ae's are great for aggro, but there are other, smoother ways to implement it imo at least.

Also, a ton of debuffs, are tanks really supposed to be the #1 debuff class as well?

Sure, options are nice, but I for once would like to have more options on the actual tanking side, like reactives and buffs that promote damage soaking, not debuffing and using 7 cd's to ae.

I certanly don't want to make us less viable ae-wise, or even force all ae in one soul (reaver), but rather shave off some, and give us some real tanking abilities.

New to the Alpha but I feel like feedback is actually listened to here.

One thing I noticed in the beta's as a tank is a severe lack of tanking finishers.

As a Pure Reaver build I had finishers for flat dmg, and %dmg+.

I would like to see real tank finishers. Things that buff my block or absorb x amount of damage. A spell reflect finisher, a block all attacks for x seconds based on points. <-- Not all of these, they're just examples off the top of my head.

You get the idea.

I should point out that I play from a fairly casual perspective and I just found my mitigation to be awful. Even with endurance stack and half decent gear(for a lowbie.) I decided to borrow the gf's healer when she was out one evening and went healing some instances. Rogue Tanks > Warrior tanks from a healing perspective, they just take far less damage.

Here's to hoping its different in alpha!

Maybe some of you can check the New Block numbers, since last patch i notice that the damage blocked is not reflecting what the char sheet says.I am always over 52 percent damage absorb (not counting unyeilding talent) and the numbers are not reflecting this at all,add in the pally talent and it becomes even more noticable that something is wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivik View Post
    Maybe some of you can check the New Block numbers, since last patch i notice that the damage blocked is not reflecting what the char sheet says.I am always over 52 percent damage absorb (not counting unyeilding talent) and the numbers are not reflecting this at all,add in the pally talent and it becomes even more noticable that something is wrong here.
    Maybe better look your stats again, in full t2 epics (block stat as prefered almost always) I'm at 525 block rating, giving 42,13% absorb. Even with +50% str from VK don't raise to more than 48%, so unless you somehow managed to get full raid gear I seriously doubt your absorb ratings are always 52%+. Looked my numbers 2 days ago and they were spot right of course YD only gives 1,2 * your current absorb, not +20%, so without VK str I'm absorbing pretty much exactly 50%.

Here is your screenshot with just self buffs (vk buff also ) to show im not a total idiot when i post.If you add in some other group buffs that usually puts me at ALWAYS over 52 percent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rift_2011_02_11_14_25_23_969.jpg‎  

Anyway now that my stats are not in question can other warriors please look into the block absorb amounts also so we can be sure either way. I am just saying what i see on my end from yesterdays (pre todays patch) expert runs and block absorbs were always under 50 percent and closer to the 40ish percent mark.

+ Reply to Thread