+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 15 Points means a lot fun

15 Points means a lot fun

I can think of a thousand instances where I could use 15 extra points in the build I have made. More importantly though, it means I can finally get Mass Grave and something else from another soul tree. Or atleast go high Necro and get Burn so I get those melee off of me. I think we're going to be seeing a lot more specs with 15 Ele in it for the crit damage boost however.

How does 15 points affect your specs?

EDIT: Yes, I forgot an of between a lot and fun. pity I can't edit me title either.

+15 points and my build..

66 points allows me to go 44 in Chloro for Raid healing and now I can go 22 in Necro. The 21st point is not for greater pet.. its for Feign Death. I finally have an agro drop. I haven't totally flushed it out.. but the necro heals in between and the pet on passive to just give me mana back might be a good use.

There might be better synergy elsewhere but I really am going to have to play with it.

I also just don't know what I'm going to do with some other stuff.. but I am sure I will figure it out!

The necro heals are pretty crappy now that they super buffed chloro. You heal for the same amount with Vile Spores than with the necro 2s heal, only the HoT has merits because it's well, a HoT. Feign Death and 21pets is fun, but not sure it's worth losing what you get out of 12dominator(10%int, spell reflect, dmg shield, 25%spell/melee speed debuff), and basically everything else in necro sucks. You can do the necro mana battery with 8points, or get the purge with only 6, so yeah investing 22 is a lot, especially since you don't get interupts on your pet(one of the cool tools from the older 31necro/20chloro build). 31necro 35chloro though might have some merits, lich form dmg boost as a heal boost can be ok I guess, and you get the good pets so you should be doing around 400DPS, which for a healer is extremely high.

I talked about my build in the chloro thread since I don't quite care as much about DPS builds, basically my old chloro build with more points 6necro/12dom/48chloro(can move 4from chloro to any of the other though, might go 8necro for Reclaim Power since mana is kinda meh now), and the super raid healer 34chloro 32archon. Hope they fix archon soon though, 2 out of my 5 auras are getting overwritten by better buffs(warlord endurance and beastmaster/bard armor).

For DPS, my quick tests seemed to show me doing the most DPS as 21elementalist(50%crit dmg, 5%crit, 8%elemental dmg debuff, greater air elemental), 13chloro(AE spores, bloom, lifegiving veil) and 32 stormcaller(usual stuff). Obviously can drop the 13chloro for pure DPS, butt his build does so much damage anyway, and you still get to keep offhealing potential with AE spores. Also brutal for soloing rifts, earth elem pet get mass mobs, AE spores, then unleash the stormcaller fury. Also have a 32pyromancer 34elementalist or whatever, looked fun but I didn't get to test it much, Heat Wave+Elements whatever(31elem) is complete destruction.

I've been looking at Necromancer builds myself, (being a Necromancer obviously) and it seems like I have some good options now. I can go defensive with 32 Necro 21 Chloro 13 Pyro, or go 34 Necro 32 Lock and get some good defensive tools (not as much as the prior spec) with a much needed silence.

I'm experimenting with a build optimized for melee dominance (pretty much mainspec pyro) and debating if I should go with just straight damage or a little Stormcaller for snare.

Life is fun.

I don't feel the same about that. 15 points seems like more cheating our characters to me.

Before you had to make concessions to select some spells of effects in your soul tree,, but now you have 15 extra points, which allows to choose "too much " extra spell/effects to me..

After that it seems to me obvious that some combinations will appears too powerful.

I understand that at first it looks like some more fun, but I don't think in the end it'll be.
    http://ch1.goodtimes.trionworlds.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1703&dateline=1292780  375
    Xenor - Bahmi / Nightblade

It means I can get my armor for my Elementalist and get all the Fire dmg increases from Pyro and use fireball instead of missles and double dip those fire spells with dmg increase from Pyro and Ele talents!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post
    I don't feel the same about that. 15 points seems like more cheating our characters to me.

Before you had to make concessions to select some spells of effects in your soul tree,, but now you have 15 extra points, which allows to choose "too much " extra spell/effects to me..

After that it seems to me obvious that some combinations will appears too powerful.

I understand that at first it looks like some more fun, but I don't think in the end it'll be.
    They did say there will be balance passes for it... I think in the end we'll see more choice without the "OP" factor and a more flexible system that allows quirky builds to be "good".

Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post

I couldn't agree more. I tested my necro who at 49 was doing ok in stillmore soloing.. well i did a warmancer i think was 38 points necro and the rest in warlock, all i can say instead of a what ever it took to kill necrotic golems before i was lucky if it took a minute with this build.. too top it off i was just about full health an mana and pet was in good shape too.. now before when i was just 49 points in necro while it was doable i had to make sure what was going on as there really wasnt any room for errors.
    with the added points and buffages i geti have no fear as we now have room for a few errors ..
    on one golem test he got close to me and i just used one of the buffs ( i forget the warlock buff name) and my hp when over 7k needless to say i was fearless but i still won in a minute or less..

The biggest issue is that there are some naturally complementary souls (pyro with elementalist for example) and then there are some souls which don't really have a strong pairing.

I am not happy with the 15+ pts changes.
    Having a necro and on the same time going Chloro for good healing is fun for me but i dont know how the healer feels if i am doing his job and dps. Well the healer can do the same specing Healing and some dps. Am i happy (playing a dps soul) if the healer is doing my job. Hell NO!! Why should every role be able to perfom as dps/support/healer/tank. Mezzing mobs in a dungeon as a dps soul. Why should anyone play a dominator.
    This changes were made cause they faild in crossbalancing the classes. So they give now everyone everything. Switching roles in non combat should be enough flexibility that everyone gets a spot in a group.
    Please dont blur the Roles, cause this Game is Named MMORPG (Role Playing Game)

Like with so many things during the testing, Trion goes too far/little in one way, then it goes too far the other way... then at least I personally hope that Trion can reach a perfect middle ground.

15 is too high imo
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

I agree, 15 is too much. I am getting some really fun builds, but It's actually taking the fun out of it by giving us too much of what we want. It is actually highlighting a few areas in the soul tree that need adjustment too. For Example in the very first Tier of Warlock there is 11 points to distribute, but in Tier 2 there is only 8. I am finding all too often that I am forced to spend 1 point in an ability I don't really want, just to get to the next Tier. There are small discrepancies like this throughout the souls that are only becoming obvious now with these extra points.

I think 15 is about perfect no more for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballads View Post
    I think 15 is about perfect no more for sure.
    Agreed....

I'm having tons of fun with my build - 21 elementalist for the greater pet, 10 warlock for charge->health and +END (increased charge and 10% chance for insta-cast is nice, too), and rest in Stormcaller for DPS (and at level 47, that's a lot of points). With Improved Quicken Elements I can quickly heal my pet after a battle, and then charge->mana (from elementalist) and charge->health to top myself off. 2 AOE DoTs means I can take multiple enemies at once, plus another that's channeled if I really want to do some damage. I love the Elementalist/Stormcaller combo, and with all these extra points it's just a blast. Don't really expect it to last (I also think an extra 15 is a bit much), so I'm having fun while I can

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkaar View Post
    I am not happy with the 15+ pts changes.
    Having a necro and on the same time going Chloro for good healing is fun for me but i dont know how the healer feels if i am doing his job and dps. Well the healer can do the same specing Healing and some dps. Am i happy (playing a dps soul) if the healer is doing my job. Hell NO!! Why should every role be able to perfom as dps/support/healer/tank. Mezzing mobs in a dungeon as a dps soul. Why should anyone play a dominator.
    This changes were made cause they faild in crossbalancing the classes. So they give now everyone everything. Switching roles in non combat should be enough flexibility that everyone gets a spot in a group.
    Please dont blur the Roles, cause this Game is Named MMORPG (Role Playing Game)
    Agree, this gets too much out of balance. I am not a big Fan of the Mixing anyways, but yar that's the game so at least keep it a little bit balanced.

I like it so far.

Thumbs up

I like it so far, too.

Now comes the real potential of the class mix system in to play.
    And now I can't hide myself in just one classical 51 point class you opened up an interesting experience door.
    I'm very curios what impact will play out the mob difficulty adjustments to the endgame group content.

I like it too.

I can have a full 51 point soul and still use abilities from the other two.

15 is excellent, so far through all my fiddling I haven't found anything so broken with 66 points that it shouldn't exist.

Plus 51 Chloro/ 10 Warlock/ 5 Elementalist is a godsend for experts.

+ Reply to Thread