+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Justicar

Justicar

Does anyone still play this soul?
    I must admit I haven't had a desire to go anywhere near clerics since the role change to tank in 2.0
    Shouldn't this be highlighting something?

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    Does anyone still play this soul?
    I must admit I haven't had a desire to go anywhere near clerics since the role change to tank in 2.0
    Shouldn't this be highlighting something?
    I stopped testing this soul after providing all the feedback I could in the Justicar 2.0 thread. Not much else I need to say, I've moved on to a different setup to test. I don't know if they are done making changes on this soul, they've been very quiet about it lately.

I did some testing with 2.1 (as I call it), the lack of synergy was really off-putting. I guess I should try it as a tank, but I have only been in one expert since I hit 50, as a healer.

I don't really see any reason to use this soul unless you're testing the tank intentions. The nerfing of 2.0 was a show-stopper, at least for my Inq/Just/Sent build, which was versatile and nice for solo or dungeons.

I finished the trip to 50 as Shaman/Warden/Inq, then Inq/Sent/Warden (my old dps solo build). I did the one instance as pure Warden. I still like the cleric, I mostly got stalled by the lack of groups when I'm on and the broken IPP dailies (which has the 2h I would like to craft for my Sham build).

ive changed to inq and have always 10 points in justicar for Shield of Faith.
    but as main soul i see no chance for the justicar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I stopped testing this soul after providing all the feedback I could in the Justicar 2.0 thread. Not much else I need to say, I've moved on to a different setup to test. I don't know if they are done making changes on this soul, they've been very quiet about it lately.
    This. I was one of the biggest Tank Justicar proponents. I love the idea. I tested the hell out of their current iteration of the class. Sadly, it does not fulfill its intended role. I've moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    This. I was one of the biggest Tank Justicar proponents. I love the idea. I tested the hell out of their current iteration of the class. Sadly, it does not fulfill its intended role. I've moved on.
    It's interesting the direction that they took with the Justicar and I don't say this in a positive sense.
    I was all for having a cleric soul that could tank, but the choice of Justicar as the tank just doesn't make sense when taking all souls from all callings into consideration.

I suppose my decision for not liking it is because we already have Paladins taking up the holy tank. This makes the Justicar nothing but a second rate paladin.

My other reasons for disliking the changes were that Justicar was the only melee healer, it was the one class that actually felt like it clicked. Flare of Light was powerful but I would have much preferred a minor tweak to reduce Flare of Light.

Out of all the Cleric souls the Justicar is the most obvious choice for tanking, yet even now i tend to look at the shamans soul tree and wonder what it would have been like as a tank instead. The shaman had great resistance buffs and mitigation shields, to me it looked like the perfect candidate, but also that it would have been something unique. An Elementally based Tank class with secondary options for DPS would have been much more feasible than a second Holy based tank with secondary options for healing.

Honestly, mixing tank and healing roles into one soul is asking for trouble. The tank role should be taken up by one of the Cleric DPS souls whilst the Justicar should go back to being the Melee Healer & Support role (With 2handed emphasis).

This is all my personal opinion, but we are here to test and this is my conclusion.

The last few updates have had no Justicar changes, so I'm hoping for a big rework soon- maybe right now as they bring down the servers!

I like the idea of Justicar 2.0. A tank/healer hybrid seems pretty cool...but with the souls and roles, I'm not sure why they split it into two 'aspects' or stances or whatever. Seems like being a tank with overflow healing would be great, and if you want to MH, you switch to a healer role with another soul as primary.

I hope they'll figure out how to make it work, but I don't hold out much hope for a return of the great synergy it had with Inq and Sentinel, which is really too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSky View Post
    I like the idea of Justicar 2.0. A tank/healer hybrid seems pretty cool...but with the souls and roles, I'm not sure why they split it into two 'aspects' or stances or whatever. Seems like being a tank with overflow healing would be great, and if you want to MH, you switch to a healer role with another soul as primary.

I hope they'll figure out how to make it work, but I don't hold out much hope for a return of the great synergy it had with Inq and Sentinel, which is really too bad.
    I think you summed it up pretty well. I was hoping for more Healing Over Time power out of meleeing with this soul, with the emphasis as a group healer who can take a good thrashing and still be standing for the long fight and combat rez's, vs a tank who heals (aka paladin).

Right now I've got my 20-something Justicar spec'd into sentinal a bit for more healing for groups. Those groups typically have dedicated tank and healer, making the Justicar something of an off-tank/off-healer/ non-dps'r.

Unfortunately, no real changes to the Justicar with this patch. The Soul still remains completely unviable as a tank in the dungeons...the only area of the game that requires a tank to accomplish.

JUSTICAR
    * Doctrine of Righteousness: No longer requires line of sight to the target of your Righteous Mandate.

On another note the buff that adds spell power to attack power really shouldn't be a static amount at the moment of application as it is now. It gives the cleric hyper-inflated attack power numbers and makes it extremely unlikely we will see anything resembling a decent melee soul in the cleric archetype.

I tried soloing Justicar at level 20. It is an interesting soul, but its healing capabilities are a bit disappointing. For the moment I would not dare using the Justicar as a group healer, but rather as a dps class with a little bit of healing as support for the main healer. And as a tank? I don't think so. Maybe at a higher level.

My experience with it at lvl 20 is. At one point and time its had a neat mechanic, and if played well it could be a strong class.

Now after playing it It cant tank like a tank at all, and is very weak

It cant heal at all because you are always out of power from your heals

you cant dps at all because you just dont do any and the even justice costs so much power for AoE killing you run out of power before you can really kill anything.

I switched to a full sentinel build and it out dps's, out heals, and if it has built aggro can out live a justicar any day

The only positive side the justicar has is it can get aggro and hold it, but thats it.

Here is hoping something happens with that class. It should play like a warrior priest imo

Yeah I really don't know why Justicar had to change. Was Flare of light really that over powered?
    It was one of the first classes I tested and It really felt perfectly balanced, much to the point that it would have been great to use as a benchmark for what other classes should have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    Yeah I really don't know why Justicar had to change. Was Flare of light really that over powered?
    It was one of the first classes I tested and It really felt perfectly balanced, much to the point that it would have been great to use as a benchmark for what other classes should have been like.
    Flare of Power wasn't extremely overpowered, it did need a tuneup, but Flare of Power on the new "tank" experiment would have been too powerful. The soul right now is in complete disarray, and doesn't have a focus - there are too many things going on - it's supposed to be a tank, but there is no way it can main tank. It kind of fits into some weird offtank/spot healer role that supports a main tank, which is a shame, because Justicar 1.0 was a lot of fun.

let the tanks be the tanks and let this soul be a melee healer ala the Warrior Priest of Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    let the tanks be the tanks and let this soul be a melee healer ala the Warrior Priest of Warhammer.
    agreed 100%

Warrior != tank. I guess we should've expected people to voice the preference for trinity style gameplay, but I applaud Trion for trying to make it so any player can fill any slot with any character class, if they have the proper role set up (in fact, I encourage them to push even farther down that path). If they can pull that off, it's an amazing feat and will go a long way to making the game great. At the expense of some who think games should be exclusive instead of inclusive.

That said, yeah Just needs a lot of work :P But I did roll it back into my DPS role and it has bumped up my output. The synergy is otherwise useless, it's mostly for the 25% spell power with a shield....which is still sad given how good the synergy was at 2.0.

Some quick feedback about the changes to Justicars

(1) Changing of Shield of Faith from a +spellpower buff to a -damage buff. Well, not a good change for those us who had had been using Shield of Faith for the awesome damage boost, but I understand why you guys would do this. I guess this just confirms that they are really are set on making the Justicar a viable tank.

(2) Additional endurance to Mien of Leadership. That really is quite a bit of additional HP. The HP bar still goes down pretty fast, but I guess it's because of the higher damage from mobs. One problem is that our self-heals have not been raised enough to match the increased HP and increased damage received, so our self-heals increase our HP by barely a blip on the bar. I found myself shifting to Mien of Honor after a while, after getting tired of spamming my heals between GCDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Samil View Post
    Some quick feedback about the changes to Justicars

(1) Changing of Shield of Faith from a +spellpower buff to a -damage buff. Well, not a good change for those us who had had been using Shield of Faith for the awesome damage boost, but I understand why you guys would do this. I guess this just confirms that they are really are set on making the Justicar a viable tank.

(2) Additional endurance to Mien of Leadership. That really is quite a bit of additional HP. The HP bar still goes down pretty fast, but I guess it's because of the higher damage from mobs. One problem is that our self-heals have not been raised enough to match the increased HP and increased damage received, so our self-heals increase our HP by barely a blip on the bar. I found myself shifting to Mien of Honor after a while, after getting tired of spamming my heals between GCDs.
    Some questions as I'm stuck at work now:

* Shield of Faith: Now properly improves your current spell power instead of whatever spell power you had when you bought the ability or switched roles. The notes don't mention that spell power was taken away from Shield of Faith - they just mention they added the -% damage to it as well - is there no spellpower bonus from this anymore?
    * Healer's Creed is now available after 5 points.
    * Shield of Faith is now available after 10 points.
    * Shield of Faith: Now reduces all incoming damage by 1-5%.
    * Mien of Leadership: Now increases the Justicar's parry, dodge, block, and armor ratings by 130%. Increases the Justicar's Endurance by 80%. Is there still a -healing% attached to MoL?
    * Mien of Honor: Now increases the Justicar's healing with Doctrines by 50%. Increases healing with Reparation and Salvation by 50%.

+ Reply to Thread